home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Default help with marathon transport for DDs tomorrow

My 2 DDs are at Bonnett Creek with friends for the half marathon tomorrow. They plan to Uber to race start. They have to be there at 5:30. What time should they leave? What time should they get Uber? Will they have trouble getting Uber? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):
Oct 24-Nov 1 HHI (not DVC), Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:52 PM   #2
MMC1
Grand Villa

Hi! Still searching for answer.
I tried googling and helpful site popped up with a DisneyWorld Marathons this weekend search.
Race starts outside Epcot (see inserted map) to MK back toEpcot throughFuture World and Epcot Parking Lot Finish

? Star Wars VirtualHalf Marathon ?
Star Wars Themed Medal for award
on sale now 1/3- 3/31/20
Has anybody raced a Disney virtual run?

Good luck to racers and to your daughters trying to cheer them on success!

Last edited by MMC1; 01-11-2020 at 10:36 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

I don't have a clue about uber / Lyft but the event is a big deal with >20K runners in tomorrow's event; I would guess that the Concierge at the Bonnet Creek should be able to help.

Below is from the Run Disney Web Site https://guide.rundisney.events/event...half-marathon/ (I added the bold and italics). If they are spectators I am not sure if the parking lot closes.

REMINDERS

All Participants must attend the Expo in the days prior to their race with a valid photo ID to pick up their Race Bib

FOR DRIVERS: All runners and spectators must park at Epcot.

FOR RESORT GUESTS: Participants and spectators who are staying at Host Resorts are encouraged to utilize the provided runDisney event transportation.
Runners and Guests staying at Disney’s Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort & Villas or Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa MUST TAKE the monorail to get to the start of the race.

Participants must arrive at the Epcot parking lot on Saturday, January 11th, by 4:00 a.m.

Participants must complete the race within the 16-minute-per-mile pacing requirement established by runDisney. Pacing requirement are inclusive of taking photos with Characters, restroom breaks, and food/water stops.

There will be one Food Stop on the course located at Mile 7.9 with Sport Beans® Energizing Jelly Beans®.

The Awards Ceremony for the top 3 male, female, and push-rim wheelchair participants will take place at 8:30 a.m. at the stage in the Family Reunion area in the Epcot parking lot on Saturday, January 11th. Those awarded on site will be contacted upon completing the race.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

They just went to expo. They say they are leaving at 3.30 tomorrow and taking Uber. Eek.

Next trip(s):
Oct 24-Nov 1 HHI (not DVC), Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Old 01-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
They just went to expo. They say they are leaving at 3.30 tomorrow and taking Uber. Eek.

The might have to call a regular cab as a fall back option. There are lots and lots of runners in town for the biggest Disney race of the year.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:10 PM   #6
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
The might have to call a regular cab as a fall back option. There are lots and lots of runners in town for the biggest Disney race of the year.
Yup, I tried to tell them. I told them to get the Lyft app to and try that. I think they can get shuttle from Bonnet Creek at a cost per person. Like $15 or something. I also said they might want to leave at 3am, but they think they're fine to aim for 3:30. I gave them info and now will see how it goes. If 4 college girls, 2 teachers and 1 accountant who is also an EMT and 1 lawyer, can't manage this then there is no hope, LOL!!!

Next trip(s):

Old 01-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa

Promise to let us know how this all turns out...
good news, they will have fun no matter what theory.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:01 PM   #8
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Promise to let us know how this all turns out...
good news, they will have fun no matter what theory.
I will update on here tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for helping me with the info.

Next trip(s):

Old 01-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #9
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

I would still have them check with the hotel, I'm not sure if any non-Disney hotels run shuttles. Also prior to Disney using the shuttle busses people use to group up in the lobby and split cabs.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #10
pdude81
Grand Villa

Good luck. They shut down so many roads in the morning of the races... but at least they'll be traveling well before it starts. Hopefully all is well
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote