home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #51
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Early December has been very popular for years and years. It has nothing to do with walking.
It certainly has been popular for a long time. My personal experience with my home resort (BCV) is that the popularity seems to have intensified the last couple years, in the sense that studios in early Dec (first two weeks) book up more quickly. There are several possible reasons:
(A) more BCV owners are attempting to book studios during this period
(B) BCV owners who book studios during this period are booking more nights
(C) BCV owners attempting to book studios are doing so earlier than in the past

I think the main reason is (C). I agree that walking is probably not a major cause, if only because there are a limited number of owners attempting to do this; others either don't know, don't care, or don't think it's necessary (it's not).
FWIW there is still complete availability Dec 5-15 for 1BR and 2BR at BCV.

I think the most important reason is the heightened awareness that rooms may be difficult to get, so people book early!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
Old 01-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #52
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
It certainly has been popular for a long time. My personal experience with my home resort (BCV) is that the popularity seems to have intensified the last couple years, in the sense that studios in early Dec (first two weeks) book up more quickly. There are several possible reasons:
(A) more BCV owners are attempting to book studios during this period
(B) BCV owners who book studios during this period are booking more nights
(C) BCV owners attempting to book studios are doing so earlier than in the past

I think the main reason is (C). I agree that walking is probably not a major cause, if only because there are a limited number of owners attempting to do this; others either don't know, don't care, or don't think it's necessary (it's not).
FWIW there is still complete availability Dec 5-15 for 1BR and 2BR at BCV.

I think the most important reason is the heightened awareness that rooms may be difficult to get, so people book early!
I also think C) has been the main reason and intensified it. You get shut out one year or have to waitlist then you decide to book earlier and so on.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:49 PM   #53
ajc
Grand Villa

I have called DVC and WDW to inquire about resort tours at WL and Grand Floridian and one would think I ask for a ride to the moon; none of the CM even know what I am talking about so I was wondering if any MOs have been on the free AM tour at any resorts lately.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:25 PM   #54
FessParker1
Grand Villa

I toured at Saratoga in Dec.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:26 AM   #55
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I have called DVC and WDW to inquire about resort tours at WL and Grand Floridian and one would think I ask for a ride to the moon; none of the CM even know what I am talking about so I was wondering if any MOs have been on the free AM tour at any resorts lately.
Pretty certain they have afternoon tours at CCV now. VGF has been sold out for awhile and the only possibility might be if the CM there could show you an open room - if there was one and if they had time.

They ought to know but maybe are getting confused if you are referring to GF and WL as those are the cash hotels. They do have CCV models at SSR too.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:50 AM   #56
MMC1
Grand Villa

When the Grand Californian first opened they offered daily tours and it was necessary to sign up with the guest services in lobby and you had to be a guest of the resort.
I tried googling walking tours but could not find anything current.
wdwforgrownups.com does have a description for the Wonder of the Wilderness Lodge Tour (3/18/16) meets by the Grand Fireplace 9 a.m Wed-Saturday. And recommends calling one hour in advance to verify....
Good luck . I know it can be very frustrating. I think there is just too much offered for any response with just one call. It would be a full time 24/7 job but would be a fun job to have!

Just found more info about a Heritage Tour of the Grand Floridian called "The Floridian Express"
Tues Thur Saturday 9a.m. reservations required and fee $15

AND: DisneyParksBlog 9/27/17 by Ryan March, editor of DVC Disney Files Magazine
Legend of the Conch Flats special tour for DVC Resort Old Key West meet at Papas Den off lobby (?)
Wed and Saturday 10 a.m.
This article also describes other tours some free and some expensive but at least the date of article is recent.

Last edited by MMC1; 01-29-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:31 AM   #57
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
When the Grand Californian first opened they offered daily tours and it was necessary to sign up with the guest services in lobby and you had to be a guest of the resort.
I tried googling walking tours but could not find anything current.
wdwforgrownups.com does have a description for the Wonder of the Wilderness Lodge Tour (3/18/16) meets by the Grand Fireplace 9 a.m Wed-Saturday. And recommends calling one hour in advance to verify....
Good luck . I know it can be very frustrating. I think there is just too much offered for any response with just one call. It would be a full time 24/7 job but would be a fun job to have!

Just found more info about a Heritage Tour of the Grand Floridian called "The Floridian Express"
Tues Thur Saturday 9a.m. reservations required and fee $15

AND: DisneyParksBlog 9/27/17 by Ryan March, editor of DVC Disney Files Magazine
Legend of the Conch Flats special tour for DVC Resort Old Key West meet at Papas Den off lobby (?)
Wed and Saturday 10 a.m.
This article also describes other tours some free and some expensive but at least the date of article is recent.
Thank you this was EXACTLY what I am looking for.
Thank you, MMC1.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:06 AM   #58
MMC1
Grand Villa

Your welcome.
I am glad you asked. Hopefully I can include this for my trip this July.
I also hope to find time to tour the Poly or Copper Creek additions and score those 3 FP's with my guide (shout out to Chris Mansour).
Old 01-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #59
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I recently toured CCV. Just go to DVC desk in lobby of WL. I have 2pm as a time in my mind but I think they do several tours.

We did the same at the Poly, my inlaws and I, about 18 months ago. And we were just at Poly the beginning of Jan so I asked DVC desk to see when the tours were so DH and DDs could see the bungalows. They told me that they don't tour at Poly anymore since sold out. So I assume its just CCV you can tour now.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):
Oct 24-Nov 1 HHI (not DVC), Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Old 01-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #60
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I have a question. If I have an AP that expires May 25 and also bought the 7 day DVC ticket deal for when AP expires and have both linked to me on the MDE....when I go in March and enter the parks it will use my AP and not accidentally use the 7 day tickets?

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):
Oct 24-Nov 1 HHI (not DVC), Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Closed Thread