home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 08:15 PM   #211
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Is the Gold Annual Pass a perk reserved for DVC members who have purchased directly (or been grandfathered in), or can resale folks buy the Gold Annual Pass as well?

Thanks!
Florida residents, direct dvc over 75 points, or grandfathered contracts. I believe gold pass is a membership extra
Old 04-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #212
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Florida residents, direct dvc over 75 points, or grandfathered contracts. I believe gold pass is a membership extra
Unfortunately you are correct. We only have resale contracts so we had to buy the Platinum Pass but we'll be satisfied with the savings we'll get at renewal time.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #213
pdude81
Grand Villa

It took me a minute today to figure out why linking a GCV reservation to MDE wasn't working. I'm renting from an owner for our DL trip later this year and admittedly know nothing about the process there. As I understand it you make dinner reservations at 60 days out, but I don't know how you would do that online unless you link the reservations somehow on the website. That being said, it doesn't look like they allow you to do anything other than look up the reservations online.

So my stupid question is... can you link the hotel stay at DL to get a 60+x dining reservation window, or does each day open up at the 60 day mark?
Old 04-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #214
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
It took me a minute today to figure out why linking a GCV reservation to MDE wasn't working. I'm renting from an owner for our DL trip later this year and admittedly know nothing about the process there. As I understand it you make dinner reservations at 60 days out, but I don't know how you would do that online unless you link the reservations somehow on the website. That being said, it doesn't look like they allow you to do anything other than look up the reservations online.

So my stupid question is... can you link the hotel stay at DL to get a 60+x dining reservation window, or does each day open up at the 60 day mark?
No, it's a completely different system and does not tie in to MDE. Dining is also not the same deal and there's no benefit for staying onsite - it's not needed either. Just go to the DL app or website and book your dining. Some things don't open until 30 days ahead of time.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #215
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
No, it's a completely different system and does not tie in to MDE. Dining is also not the same deal and there's no benefit for staying onsite - it's not needed either. Just go to the DL app or website and book your dining. Some things don't open until 30 days ahead of time.
Ok, thanks. I'm so used to linking and pre-planning everything that I just assumed this needed to be done until I couldn't figure out how to do it.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #216
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, thanks. I'm so used to linking and pre-planning everything that I just assumed this needed to be done until I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Yep, every day at 60 days out you can book. No need to for most places, but you can. And another case where it pays to keep checking as stuff opens up all the time.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #217
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Will three 25 point contracts in the same member number UY/resort count for the membership perks? I friend of mine is looking into buying direct, and I didn't know if he needed to buy one 75 point contract or if he could buy three 25pt contracts.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:09 AM   #218
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Will three 25 point contracts in the same member number UY/resort count for the membership perks? I friend of mine is looking into buying direct, and I didn't know if he needed to buy one 75 point contract or if he could buy three 25pt contracts.
IMO, If he is buying direct and the 3 contracts total 75 points he would qualify for the perks. DVD allows you to break the contracts up without penalty to the benefits, but he will have to pay closing costs on each 25 contract.

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
Old 04-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #219
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Default So how does MS decide lead on reservation?

Apologies but this is first time coordinating trip with family and friends from out of state...

My sister is in NY- along with 2 other friends joining us on our next trip...
She is listed on the website as guest 1 and Iím listed as number 7

Will the ME paperwork all still come to me in TN or will it all go to her...if so will she receive everyone elseís paperwork?...not sure if it makes a difference but I had let MS know when we booked that she would be arriving several hours before us, I had read stories of members guest not being able to check in if they arrived first and they assured me she will be able to check in without me....
Old 04-15-2018, 01:37 PM   #220
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Apologies but this is first time coordinating trip with family and friends from out of state...

My sister is in NY- along with 2 other friends joining us on our next trip...
She is listed on the website as guest 1 and I’m listed as number 7

Will the ME paperwork all still come to me in TN or will it all go to her...if so will she receive everyone else’s paperwork?...not sure if it makes a difference but I had let MS know when we booked that she would be arriving several hours before us, I had read stories of members guest not being able to check in if they arrived first and they assured me she will be able to check in without me....
I don't necessarily think MS can always control it. I've made a reservation and both the CM and I discussed who was lead and it still ended up being someone else. I suspect that paperwork will go to her. MB's can be set up to ship to different addresses. The only thing with check in is sometimes they have a difficult time locating you if you're not the lead. If so just give them your sisters name as the lead so they can find the reservation. Once they do that they'll find you and anyone on a reservation can check in when they wish. And often they can find anyone no matter what their "position" on the reservation.

You also can call MS and have them change it back to you for lead. Or at least try to.