home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-22-2020, 10:13 PM   #1
MMC1
Grand Villa

Default Thought it was gonna be a shouting match on Soarin today

Epcot had barely been open one hour & Soarin said 10 minutes. After many stops to wait including guests in front of me letting castmember know itís been a over 40 minutes they assign 2 couples to row one, 2 to row 2 and one to row 3 . Well Row one couple is still complaining to us all about the 10 minutes and then they announce they are going to have delay to sanitize .
Row 3 announces this will not be a problem after election and then another voice comment and then another with dire warning All hell will break loose if that happens. I am starting to think this is not good cause we are isolated down long hallway and no castmembers anywhere ! Miraculously cleaning was over & we entered and family did not watch the filmed instructions for seatbelts and they were using each otherís . I just wanted to get out of there!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:16 PM   #2
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Epcot had barely been open one hour & Soarin said 10 minutes. After many stops to wait including guests in front of me letting castmember know itís been a over 40 minutes they assign 2 couples to row one, 2 to row 2 and one to row 3 . Well Row one couple is still complaining to us all about the 10 minutes and then they announce they are going to have delay to sanitize .
Row 3 announces this will not be a problem after election and then another voice comment and then another with dire warning All hell will break loose if that happens. I am starting to think this is not good cause we are isolated down long hallway and no castmembers anywhere ! Miraculously cleaning was over & we entered and family did not watch the filmed instructions for seatbelts and they were using each otherís . I just wanted to get out of there!
And that's why I can't wait til this is all behind us
Old 09-22-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa

And I am still wondering why those clear plastic dividers on Livin With Land made me feel claustrophobic.
Oh mYbe cause I hate them
I would have been a bad guest behaving badly if I had torn them down !

Last edited by MMC1; 09-23-2020 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
And I am still wondering why those clear plastic dividers on Livin With Land made me feel claustrophobic.
Oh mYbe cause I hate them
I would have been a bad guest behaving badly if I had torn them down !

I find it funny that some attraction line had dividers, some do not.....and none of the exits have anything, where all social distancing just disappears.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
Kmermaid
Two Bedroom

Reports like this is helping me make my choice whether I even want to attempt any rides during my October trip. I keep telling myself you will be going back, stop stressing about taking the skyliner to HS in the morning, it doesn't matter that the epcot resorts can walk and get there when you can't (staying at RIV instead of my home BCV). So what if you don't get to ride the new MMRR (or whatever the abbr are) its not going anywhere. DH will not stand is a long line when he can be sitting at the pool without a mask.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
MMC1
Grand Villa

The dividers in Q did not aggravate beyond being ugly & stupid .
It is the plastic sheet they have hung between each row on the Livin boat while seated. This is not a fast moving my spit might fly in your face attraction . Why not just “every other row” because now , it feels like a plastic box that distorts view . Plus ugly & stupid .
Perhaps it was the Soarin & plastic land that caused feeling of agitation .
Constant reminder being announced over speakers“ Thank you for visit now wash & sanitize & be distant makes me sad .

Last edited by MMC1; 09-23-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmermaid View Post
Reports like this is helping me make my choice whether I even want to attempt any rides during my October trip. I keep telling myself you will be going back, stop stressing about taking the skyliner to HS in the morning, it doesn't matter that the epcot resorts can walk and get there when you can't (staying at RIV instead of my home BCV). So what if you don't get to ride the new MMRR (or whatever the abbr are) its not going anywhere. DH will not stand is a long line when he can be sitting at the pool without a mask.
I recommend early arrival & just a few hours then pool . But it does take some getting used to .
I have had many visits that were enjoyable. I hope you plan to return . Until today , the rules help to keep the crowds pleasant almost !

Last edited by MMC1; 09-23-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:00 AM   #8
Kmermaid
Two Bedroom

DH could care less about rides so I need to adjust my brain about them. We have a whole week next March that had to be scheduled before the points expire so DH will be golfing and DD and myself can do the rides. He would go to the parks but would rather sit and drink beers and people watch than stand in lines. This trip is more for mental health after this past seven months of rollercoaster with our business.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #9
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmermaid View Post
DH could care less about rides so I need to adjust my brain about them. We have a whole week next March that had to be scheduled before the points expire so DH will be golfing and DD and myself can do the rides. He would go to the parks but would rather sit and drink beers and people watch than stand in lines. This trip is more for mental health after this past seven months of rollercoaster with our business.
Don't stress about it! Its "different" but its actually fine. Some of the things like the dividers on Living with the Land or the Kilimanjaro Safari are certainly annoying. But since everything we are currently doing is somehow impacted its really not a big deal. Just do what you are comfortable with. Like you we feel that we know we will be back so if we do things differently this time its all OK.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #10
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
Don't stress about it! Its "different" but its actually fine. Some of the things like the dividers on Living with the Land or the Kilimanjaro Safari are certainly annoying.

We got lucky with the Safari Ride. First time, we sat in the front row and the second time, we sat in the last row. The middle seats really suck with the plastic dividers.