home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-22-2020, 10:14 PM   #411
FessParker1
Grand Villa
 
FessParker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
awesome you guys are great;
BTW did you check the frig while you were in the room?
It was frozen shut. The freezer was out of control.
__________________
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #412
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,012
Default Another UY question

This is why we have the stupid questions thread. Maybe it's too early, although I am having a nice cup of coffee with some Joffrey's from the room last time I was there hee hee.

I have March UY, and I have a full complement of points that I haven't banked yet but I need to soon. Suddenly I am planning a trip starting around March 1, 2021. Do my March 2020 points need to be banked into March 2021, so they are available to use for that trip? Or do I leave them in March 2020 so they are available when I make the reservation.

And let's just say I actually get there one day before March 1. Would I bank all the points into March 2021 except that one day's worth of points, leaving them in the current year?

Then something in the back of my head is trying to tell me that I thought I read about reservations not being able to span use years or something. But I would just have two consecutive reservations then, I assume.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #413
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom
 
ggatorgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 804
Default

I, too, have a March UY, so I know exactly what you are talking about.

1. I would make any pre March 1, 2021 reservations using your 2020 points.

2. Before October 31, 2020, I would then bank the remaining 2020 points into 2021 and make the March , 2021 and beyond reservation.

You are correct that you can't blend different UYs in the same reservation.

Good luck.
__________________
Sue
Member since 1992
OKW, AKL, BCV, BLT
ggatorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:10 PM   #414
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado
 
cmrdgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 12 Grimmauld Pl
Posts: 8,114
Default Status of Boats at WDW?

Are any of the boats running at WDW? I have a renter who wants to take the boat from CCV to Ft. Wilderness Campground. What about BCV & BWV? Are those boats running?
__________________
Carolyn

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:44 PM   #415
ajc
Grand Villa
 
ajc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Waterford VA
Posts: 2,617
Default

AFAIK there are no boats running on crescent lake so either walk or take the skyliner from international gateway to HS. Just there late Sept.
I have heard that WL and Ft Wilderness boats are running to MK though ( will be on site at CCV in 13 days so I can let you know.)
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:55 PM   #416
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado
 
cmrdgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 12 Grimmauld Pl
Posts: 8,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
AFAIK there are no boats running on crescent lake so either walk or take the skyliner from international gateway to HS. Just there late Sept.
I have heard that WL and Ft Wilderness boats are running to MK though ( will be on site at CCV in 13 days so I can let you know.)
Thanks! Very helpful. Enjoy your trip!
__________________
Carolyn

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:09 AM   #417
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
AFAIK there are no boats running on crescent lake so either walk or take the skyliner from international gateway to HS. Just there late Sept.
I have heard that WL and Ft Wilderness boats are running to MK though ( will be on site at CCV in 13 days so I can let you know.)
Agreed on both. The boat that goes around Bay Lake is not running yet but the direct boats to MK from both resorts are.

The boats from Poly and GF to MK have been operating recently too.

Also no boats from OKW to DS, which may not resume until POR &/or POFQ are re-opened to share the costs. Not sure about the boats from SSR.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:15 AM   #418
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado
 
cmrdgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 12 Grimmauld Pl
Posts: 8,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Agreed on both. The boat that goes around Bay Lake is not running yet but the direct boats to MK from both resorts are.

The boats from Poly and GF to MK have been operating recently too.

Also no boats from OKW to DS, which may not resume until POR &/or POFQ are re-opened to share the costs. Not sure about the boats from SSR.
Thanks Nickys! I guess that's why I was confused because it seemed like some of the boats were running, so I just assumed it was business as usual -- but, what's "normal" in a Covid world? Silly of me to think that
__________________
Carolyn

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:32 AM   #419
rockydog
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
This is why we have the stupid questions thread. Maybe it's too early, although I am having a nice cup of coffee with some Joffrey's from the room last time I was there hee hee.

I have March UY, and I have a full complement of points that I haven't banked yet but I need to soon. Suddenly I am planning a trip starting around March 1, 2021. Do my March 2020 points need to be banked into March 2021, so they are available to use for that trip? Or do I leave them in March 2020 so they are available when I make the reservation.

And let's just say I actually get there one day before March 1. Would I bank all the points into March 2021 except that one day's worth of points, leaving them in the current year?

Then something in the back of my head is trying to tell me that I thought I read about reservations not being able to span use years or something. But I would just have two consecutive reservations then, I assume.
OK... This may be the stupidest question in the history of this thread. How do you brew the coffeee? Everytime I go there I "steal" a bunch of coffee and tea from the concierge lounge, but I have a Kuerig. Do you have a regular coffee maker, or do you french press?

By the way "steal" is the wrong term. I spend a fortune to get bagels, goldfish and pretzels.
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #420
pdude81
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockydog View Post
OK... This may be the stupidest question in the history of this thread. How do you brew the coffeee? Everytime I go there I "steal" a bunch of coffee and tea from the concierge lounge, but I have a Kuerig. Do you have a regular coffee maker, or do you french press?

By the way "steal" is the wrong term. I spend a fortune to get bagels, goldfish and pretzels.
Do you mean on site or at home with your Keurig? I have a thing called "My KCup" that I use with loose coffee at home, and there are a number of knock off versions you can find also. But this wouldn't necessarily work with a 2.0 Brewer if you bought during that window.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software