home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-22-2020, 10:14 PM   #411
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
awesome you guys are great;
BTW did you check the frig while you were in the room?
It was frozen shut. The freezer was out of control.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #412
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Default Another UY question

This is why we have the stupid questions thread. Maybe it's too early, although I am having a nice cup of coffee with some Joffrey's from the room last time I was there hee hee.

I have March UY, and I have a full complement of points that I haven't banked yet but I need to soon. Suddenly I am planning a trip starting around March 1, 2021. Do my March 2020 points need to be banked into March 2021, so they are available to use for that trip? Or do I leave them in March 2020 so they are available when I make the reservation.

And let's just say I actually get there one day before March 1. Would I bank all the points into March 2021 except that one day's worth of points, leaving them in the current year?

Then something in the back of my head is trying to tell me that I thought I read about reservations not being able to span use years or something. But I would just have two consecutive reservations then, I assume.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #413
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

I, too, have a March UY, so I know exactly what you are talking about.

1. I would make any pre March 1, 2021 reservations using your 2020 points.

2. Before October 31, 2020, I would then bank the remaining 2020 points into 2021 and make the March , 2021 and beyond reservation.

You are correct that you can't blend different UYs in the same reservation.

Good luck.
ggatorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:10 PM   #414
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Default Status of Boats at WDW?

Are any of the boats running at WDW? I have a renter who wants to take the boat from CCV to Ft. Wilderness Campground. What about BCV & BWV? Are those boats running?

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:44 PM   #415
ajc
Grand Villa

AFAIK there are no boats running on crescent lake so either walk or take the skyliner from international gateway to HS. Just there late Sept.
I have heard that WL and Ft Wilderness boats are running to MK though ( will be on site at CCV in 13 days so I can let you know.)
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:55 PM   #416
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
AFAIK there are no boats running on crescent lake so either walk or take the skyliner from international gateway to HS. Just there late Sept.
I have heard that WL and Ft Wilderness boats are running to MK though ( will be on site at CCV in 13 days so I can let you know.)
Thanks! Very helpful. Enjoy your trip!

Where I'm Going 2020:
Old 10-05-2020, 02:09 AM   #417
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Agreed on both. The boat that goes around Bay Lake is not running yet but the direct boats to MK from both resorts are.

The boats from Poly and GF to MK have been operating recently too.

Also no boats from OKW to DS, which may not resume until POR &/or POFQ are re-opened to share the costs. Not sure about the boats from SSR.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:15 AM   #418
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Agreed on both. The boat that goes around Bay Lake is not running yet but the direct boats to MK from both resorts are.

The boats from Poly and GF to MK have been operating recently too.

Also no boats from OKW to DS, which may not resume until POR &/or POFQ are re-opened to share the costs. Not sure about the boats from SSR.
Thanks Nickys! I guess that's why I was confused because it seemed like some of the boats were running, so I just assumed it was business as usual -- but, what's "normal" in a Covid world? Silly of me to think that

Where I'm Going 2020:
Old 10-05-2020, 10:32 AM   #419
rockydog
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
This is why we have the stupid questions thread. Maybe it's too early, although I am having a nice cup of coffee with some Joffrey's from the room last time I was there hee hee.

I have March UY, and I have a full complement of points that I haven't banked yet but I need to soon. Suddenly I am planning a trip starting around March 1, 2021. Do my March 2020 points need to be banked into March 2021, so they are available to use for that trip? Or do I leave them in March 2020 so they are available when I make the reservation.

And let's just say I actually get there one day before March 1. Would I bank all the points into March 2021 except that one day's worth of points, leaving them in the current year?

Then something in the back of my head is trying to tell me that I thought I read about reservations not being able to span use years or something. But I would just have two consecutive reservations then, I assume.
OK... This may be the stupidest question in the history of this thread. How do you brew the coffeee? Everytime I go there I "steal" a bunch of coffee and tea from the concierge lounge, but I have a Kuerig. Do you have a regular coffee maker, or do you french press?

By the way "steal" is the wrong term. I spend a fortune to get bagels, goldfish and pretzels.
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #420
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockydog View Post
OK... This may be the stupidest question in the history of this thread. How do you brew the coffeee? Everytime I go there I "steal" a bunch of coffee and tea from the concierge lounge, but I have a Kuerig. Do you have a regular coffee maker, or do you french press?

By the way "steal" is the wrong term. I spend a fortune to get bagels, goldfish and pretzels.
Do you mean on site or at home with your Keurig? I have a thing called "My KCup" that I use with loose coffee at home, and there are a number of knock off versions you can find also. But this wouldn't necessarily work with a 2.0 Brewer if you bought during that window.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote