home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #61
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
We saw the livestream. I would like to see it. I won't be devastated if I don't. We have it planned for one night, and could do it another night. We'll see if we care enough. I'm afraid it will just make me disappointed that so much of what it celebrates wasn't forever.

Dirk
Perhaps this portion of the “show” is being used to perfect tech and water
movement along with addition of pyro technics. Remember how difficult it was to get Rivers of Light running properly?
I recommend you see it because It is amazing to watch the speed of those 2 individuals manning the speedboats with all the show they are trying to create.
I sat in England free seats and they speed past so fast and barely see how they drop the fabric to continue on with the rest of the show. It is very exciting and interesting.
And when you truly see the new Future world in The Odyssey Building at Epcot and see it often enough to pay attention to all design plans... you will understand what is planned for the Globe and it will be high expectations with a wonderful future to look forward to.

Please take the time to watch .

Last edited by MMC1; 01-10-2020 at 04:47 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #62
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
I'm still not over having to make the decision nearly two and a half years ago. It haunts me every day. He was our kid. I found him as a stray one day. He just jumped in my car at a gas station. I brought him home and he immediately ran through the house and right onto our bed as if to say "well, I'm home."

He was dying from cancer. We tried everything to keep him alive, but eventually the treatments just stopped working. He was a picky eater to begin with. The cancer made him just stop. He didn't want any food. By the end we were resorting to giving him Taco Bell and Wendy's cheeseburgers if that's what he would eat. Even that stopped. The last few days he couldn't stand. He couldn't eat. He couldn't drink. We made the decision on a Monday because he was really weak and was having trouble standing, but didn't have it done until Wednesday. He went downhill so quickly after that. It must have been horrible for him those last two days. Waiting was nothing more than pure selfishness on my part. I shouldn't have put him through that last few days. The only silver lining is that it had rained hard, non-stop all week. But just for a few hours, it miraculously stopped Wednesday. He was able to spend the day just laying outside in the yard on a blanket in the cool air. I think he enjoyed that. He would lift his head and smell the air, and seemed peaceful. In the end we let him go out there on his blanket. And just like that, the rain started up again when it was finally over.

Maybe that's why we like Coco so much. We like the idea he gets to come and see us, even if it's only for a day each year.

I'm sorry for your loss. It is such a difficult thing to endure. I hope you were able to find peace or will if you haven't yet.

Forget the commercials. That story hit me right in the feels.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:32 PM   #63
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
we are really good at thread drift.
The best! Love that about MOs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
had to put our dog down a few days before this past Halloween. It.was.brutal.

She was a great dog and we treated her like she was our child before we had kids. It was a tough decision to make, but in the end, it was time.

By that point she was blind, deaf, and couldn't smell much.

She had no quality of life and looked lost all the time. I don't think she had wagged her tail in a week. We know we made the right decision, but man -- it's definitely still a tough call to make at the time.
So sorry for your loss. Our pets are not with us nearly long enough.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:41 PM   #64
MMC1
Grand Villa

I am really good at ruining discussions on this board.
Try living for a few years with parent with Alzheimer’s... you would not wish this truth upon your children someday ever.
That is why I made my suggestion in previous post to train your brain to replace a sad memory immediately with a better memory. It was 2 years of sadness until I taught myself this and seems so simple now that I have mastered this with my mothers memories.
Why does our brain make it so easy to be bad or remember every silly thing?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:58 PM   #65
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Like or not, it doesn't matter. This is where Epcot 2.0 is going. Sometimes I look forward to it, other times I regret that there will be more in common between Epcot 2.0 and MK or Studios than between Epcot 2.0 and Epcot 1.0.

Interestingly, Epcot Forever is not pulling in the guests like Disney had hoped. Rumors are that they are pushing up the debut of HarmoniUS in order to keep people in the parks eating and drinking longer. Epcot Forever is sometimes referred to as Rivers of Light 2.0 on the popularity and guest appeal meter.

Dirk
I have mixed feelings too. I donít want Epcot to be another MK or DHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
What I find interesting about that is Epcot Forever was really meant to grab the attention of those Epcot purists. Almost an acknowledgment that they were changing things that those purists enjoyed and this was a little sendoff for them. Most regular guests don't know what any of that music or content is from, except maybe Soarin'. But it appears like those Epcot purists either don't care, or there are far less of them than it seems. Just like RoL, most guests just don't get it. There's nothing for them to connect with.

Which raises another interesting observation. Many here lament the constant addition of IP to the parks, especially Epcot. But if we look at the popularity of nighttime shows, it would seem that guests want IP. They want to see their favorite characters. They want to connect with them in new ways. Surely, this isn't always true. Illuminations was hugely popular (though giant fire spouts may have something to do with that). And the new Up! bird show is not. But I think more often than not, people who spend a week in the park want to do it with as much of the content they spend the other 51 weeks a year enjoying.
I donít think I am an Epcot purist, but I remember those songs. Been going to WDW since 1976. And hearing them again was very cool. And I was all set to really enjoy Epcot Forever until they ended with A whole new a world. If this fireworks show is supposed to celebrate Epcot, I donít want to hear Aladdin music. I am not in the MK.

I thought the fireworks and kites were cool. But it was a little too short and ended with the wrong song.

I just hope they donít go to far with the IP.

You mentioned the new UP bird show at AK. They took a perfectly nice bird show and dumbed it down with the UP characters. Thatís one show we wonít be returning to see.

Quote:
We saw the livestream. I would like to see it. I won't be devastated if I don't. We have it planned for one night, and could do it another night. We'll see if we care enough. I'm afraid it will just make me disappointed that so much of what it celebrates wasn't forever.

Dirk
You should see it in person. If only to see the kites. They were cool.

Upcoming Trips:
11/14 - 11/20 OKW
3/21 - 3/26 Kidani
PirateLinda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:13 PM   #66
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLinda View Post
I donít think I am an Epcot purist, but I remember those songs. Been going to WDW since 1976. And hearing them again was very cool. And I was all set to really enjoy Epcot Forever until they ended with A whole new a world. If this fireworks show is supposed to celebrate Epcot, I donít want to hear Aladdin music. I am not in the MK.

I thought the fireworks and kites were cool. But it was a little too short and ended with the wrong song.

I just hope they donít go to far with the IP.

Unfortunately I do believe you may be further disappointed with the new offering this year of HarmonioUS. It sounds like the incorporation of more Disney music is exactly what is planned. Hence, the ending of Epcot Forever with A Whole New World was supposed to indicate the ďfutureĒ of Epcot while the rest of the show focused on its past.

That said, other preview videos made it a point to emphasize the effort being put into the creation of an original score as well.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:17 PM   #67
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Like or not, it doesn't matter. This is where Epcot 2.0 is going. Sometimes I look forward to it, other times I regret that there will be more in common between Epcot 2.0 and MK or Studios than between Epcot 2.0 and Epcot 1.0.
From what I could see about the future, Epcot 2.0 looks somewhat more like what EPCOT. More parks, water features...more of an Environment than a Theme Park in places. At least that was my take.

Cheers.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:24 PM   #68
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

I LOVED Coco. It was such a touching movie. Just wonderful. but I haven't watched it again. It's too emotionally draining.
I want my younger kids to be able to remember my Mom and Dad, whom they never really knew, and that movie inspired me to share more pictures, memories, etc with them, to keep their memories alive.
I loved the song, Remember Me. I hope they add it to anything they want to at Disney. It's a beautiful song. I was disappointed they didn't overlay the Mexican boat ride with Coco. It's so dated, and I think Coco scenes would've been a great addition.
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:56 PM   #69
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
I LOVED Coco. It was such a touching movie. Just wonderful. but I haven't watched it again. It's too emotionally draining.
I want my younger kids to be able to remember my Mom and Dad, whom they never really knew, and that movie inspired me to share more pictures, memories, etc with them, to keep their memories alive.
I loved the song, Remember Me. I hope they add it to anything they want to at Disney. It's a beautiful song. I was disappointed they didn't overlay the Mexican boat ride with Coco. It's so dated, and I think Coco scenes would've been a great addition.
Now that makes a lot of sense! There is no reason why that can't happen; there is no time window on doing so. If they re-did Maelstrom with new IP, there's no reason they can't do the same with the Mexico ride -- I'd use its name but no one remembers it by name -- I had to look it up!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:04 AM   #70
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I'd use its name but no one remembers it by name -- I had to look it up!
Don't keep us in suspense ... (I'm just too lazy to Google that, right?)

Nevermind. I Googled it: Gran Fiesta Tour. Thanks for making me do that ...
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote