home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Downsizing DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-22-2020, 03:05 PM   #111
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Honestly, while I"m glad I bought CCV instead of waiting for Riviera due to the point charts, CCV is so incredibly hard to get into. I'm not sure if that will ever settle down.

We did love our stay and it was great to be back at WL, where we hadn't stayed in over ten years, so I definitely hope to rent some CCV points in the future! BRV points are also fine, but being in the main building was awesome and I liked the western modern more than the western country of BRV.

Dirk
I think that studios are always going to be a challenge to get into, tbh. Congratulations to those wise MO’s who sprung for the fixed week! We ultimately decided that CCV wasn’t for us because we do love the feel of BRV more. And a FW studio wouldn’t have helped because the Princess has told us (often) that “we aren’t studio people.” (Translation: Princess needs a separate sleeping area, preferably with access to a large, jetted bathtub.) Since CCV doesn’t offer those tubs, she will always pick BRV over CCV. Fortunately, you’re well connected, and know several MO’s who would be more than happy to make that CCV ressie for you!
Old 09-22-2020, 03:28 PM   #112
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Please! You’re waiting on that guaranteed week in the castle...

I will need more then a week....so the castle is out of my plans. Actually, if I can afford a week at the castle, my ass will be calling Golden Oaks home!
Old 09-22-2020, 07:03 PM   #113
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Please! You’re waiting on that guaranteed week in the castle...
Old 09-22-2020, 07:04 PM   #114
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Don't sell for the kids, keep what makes YOU happy. They may not like it now but it's close to MK and the exp date is longer. When the kids are grown they can stay at a different resort and you can enjoy what you love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We talked for several months before we listed our contracts. Even then, we had trouble deciding which to keep. It is a long process. I had a hard time letting go.

We had the same situation with our AKV points as you are having with CCV. We loved the resort, but we didn’t stay there often. We seemed to stay at OKW whenever we could. The boat to DS was a huge draw for us. My daughter and her fiancée wanted to spend a lot of time at DS and their favorite park is EPCOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We had a similar situation with our BWV contract. We sold it for years ago because we never stayed there. Took the money and bought more VGF points.
All good advice. Will hold tight and think about it for a while.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #115
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Since we retired and wound up being minutes from WDW we have been downsizing our points. We started out by selling our 4 - 50 point GCV contracts because we won't be spending much time around Disneyland.
We later decided to sell one of our BWV contracts and keep the other for single night Staycations. We were not motivated sellers so we decided to list at one of the smaller resale companies that had a lower (6%) commission. It sat on their site for over 6 months and the only action was one extreme lowball offer. We pulled it down from that site and decide we would keep it for a while. We recently decided to go ahead and try again while still planing on not moving much off of our price, but this time listed with resales dvc. Surprising enough they came back after two days with a full price offer. I guess there are times you get what you pay for although I do understand it is a long process and it could still blow-up and any point.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #116
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I am now on the fence of selling one of my CCV contracts. DH and I were discussing it earlier today. As much as we love CCV we never end up staying there. It is my favorite over the holidays, but the kids prefer Epcot resorts or SSR for Disney Springs.
CCV is one I am considering buying if we do regularly get back to trips after the pandemic. If you do sell I don't blame you since I always say buy where you want to stay most. Question though is will you travel without kids anytime soon?
Old 09-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #117
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
CCV is one I am considering buying if we do regularly get back to trips after the pandemic. If you do sell I don't blame you since I always say buy where you want to stay most. Question though is will you travel without kids anytime soon?
Add to that... will you be traveling during a time/in a room category that would be beneficial to own there?
Old 09-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #118
Stitch_Fan
Studio

It would be interesting to see this asked in a survey form.
Yes for us. We sold off 1/2 our points last December. We still love Disney world but felt like we weren't having as much fun.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #119
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch_Fan View Post
It would be interesting to see this asked in a survey form.
Yes for us. We sold off 1/2 our points last December. We still love Disney world but felt like we weren't having as much fun.
I should have done a poll. At this point, it would basically be re-asking the question. Let me think about it.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:26 AM   #120
crushturtle
Grand Villa

Not down sizing at all. Looking forward once this groundhog Covid day is over, and having long extended weeks at DVC to relax.
crushturtle is offline   Reply With Quote