home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2020, 08:59 PM   #51
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Nancy - that's awesome

Sometimes things come up that we dont realize made memories for the kids....such a great feeling. One of those - oh we did something right moments.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:13 PM   #52
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

Nancy - glad your daughter arrived in time to rescue her Christmas memories. Everything looks good - which it should, because...$$$. Electricians are doing very well these days. College is overrated.

We really like the electric fireplace we ordered from Wayfair in the spring - when I guess they wanted to get rid of fireplaces. Got a smoking hot (see what I did there?) deal on it, and that takes a little of the sting out of the cost for installing it. Love the look of the mounted TV, with no wires showing. So, it was a good day.

Hope you get some good news, soon, from some of those recruiters. I'm still pulling for a job that will let you live where you would prefer.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:24 AM   #53
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Glad all went well, Jerry. College is indeed way overrated... particularly if one has such skills. Iíve always been a strong believer in apprenticeship.

Thanks for the recruiter wishes. Annoys me that Iíve ended up with about as many interviews on my own as through the lot of them.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:47 AM   #54
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Glad all went well, Jerry. College is indeed way overrated... particularly if one has such skills. Iíve always been a strong believer in apprenticeship.

Thanks for the recruiter wishes. Annoys me that Iíve ended up with about as many interviews on my own as through the lot of them.
Brian, you are the master of your fate...make it happen!

Jerry, Iíve been hearing good things about those electric fireplaces. When we built our home we had installed a gas fireplace. We chose a Mantis mostly because it vents out through a side wall and not up through the roof. Phil has his air ventilation system running above the
ceilings as well as thick insulation so he didnít want to risk going north. The fireplace works well, too well. We have two settings. Low isnít low enough. And it isnít quiet enough either. Live and learn.

Sold my 4 year old, very expensive, difficult to open, not very comfortable to sit on without a footstool futon last night. It was a beauty to look at but thatís all it had going for it. Now I can go furniture shopping ( after day two of garage sale that is )
Iím hoping to buy a comfortable pullout, any suggestions?
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #55
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Jerry, so much accomplished today, yay for you! And good luck to Phillip.
Have fun on Monday. You need a change of scenery once in awhile.

Brian, keep adding to that list of recruiters. Something will come from it.

Day one of garage sale. Went well. We made most of the money within the last hour, go figure. My daughter dropped by to see how we were doing. She touched my heart when she picked up a Christmas apron and with tears in her eyes said I couldn’t sell it because she fondly remembers Christmas as a child and me in that apron. I haven’t worn that apron in over 20 years but you can be sure I’ll wear that ugly thing this Christmas!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Awww....what a great story, Nancy!! Crazy how something like that can trigger memories. DD and I were talking about 'old times' last weekend when she was home....things like what she prominently remembers from her childhood vs how Adam and I remember the same scenario.

Happy Saturday, All!!! I'm having a bachelorette weekend...Adam flew to South Dakota yesterday to pick up a new Class B RV we purchased. There were only two 2020 models left in the US because campers, boats and 'cabins' have been selling like wildfire this summer. He should be home this evening with it and we might sleep in our driveway tonight.

I had breakfast and shopped in Grand Rapids with our daughter yesterday. She's doing great and, in fact, went on her first date last night since the high school boyfriend. She called me after the date and was pretty excited about how it went. I'm SO glad for her!!

ME DH DS22 DD19
disneymomof2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #56
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
Yessir......here are the full pedigrees of the 3 two year olds. Fingers crossed.

The Bernardini has Johannesburg’s on the dam side.

http://apps.keeneland.com/sales/Sep19/pdfs/1610.pdf

http://apps.keeneland.com/sales/Sep19/pdfs/3438.pdf

https://www.obssales.com/aprcatalog/2020/338.PDF

If you look down low, authentic is a cousin of Ohyoudidntknow*the bernardini colts name)
Mike Very Cool on Authentic
... it's so Cool to see other horses that I saw run and didn't read earlier (Unbridled Song) ... still impressive about Seattle Slew
Thanks for sharing the Bloodlines Very interesting
..... Yes Fingers crossed

Jerry prays for your son

Nancy Cool Apron

Pam on the RV .... a Big Ten subcommittee is meeting today to see if the Big Ten may play Football this fall .... Haven't heard anything yet, if this passes then All the Big Ten Presidents are to meet tomorrow and vote

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 09-12-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:29 PM   #57
beansprout
Grand Villa

Karl, maybe Iíll take a picture so you can see how cool I look in this apron

Pam, enjoy your new camper! Iím happy for your daughter!!
Old 09-12-2020, 08:11 PM   #58
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Karl, maybe Iíll take a picture so you can see how cool I look in this apron

Pam, enjoy your new camper! Iím happy for your daughter!!
Nancy Absolutely !!

WDW
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:44 PM   #59
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Nancy, me controlling my own fate isn’t necessarily a good thing...

Pam, enjoy the new RV! Hooray for your daughter!s good date. I could use one of those myself...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:08 AM   #60
beansprout
Grand Villa

Jerry, will Sally visit you on vacation?? Hope not!
And to my friends dealing with the fires, you are in my thoughts and prayers!