home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 09:35 AM   #41
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Hi Mike!
How's the family adjusting to the remodel? Everything as you had hoped?
Everything great. Next spring we will redo the deck and add a rooftop deck for sunset viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandbuddy View Post
Happy Labor Day, everyone. (Or happy rare non-freaking Monday, if you prefer.) Labor Day weekend has turned out to be pretty much just another in a series of days. We did have guests over for Dreamland ribs yesterday evening - good friends who are isolating even more stringently than we are, but otherwise just another COVID Sunday, with a four-mile walk followed by pajama church.

One week from today, we will break the monotony for awhile. While searching for a beach condo to share with brother-in-law and Sandra's sister for a week, I noted that we could get a nice 2BR place right on the gulf for a full month, for $150 more than the cost for a week. So we are going to live at the beach for a month, starting September 14. Jim and Sharon will be with us for all but 9 or 10 days. We are ready for a change of scenery, and this trip will end only about four days before we meet Sue and Gary at Disney World. Anna and Gaspar are to be there, too, I think. 18th to the 23rd. Come on down.
That sounds absolutely fabulous. 5 days until moving day

Patty, you are correct on the shoes

Currently at The Fib while they remodel our walk in. Needed a facelift to clean up rotting wood and faltering insulation.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:26 PM   #42
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
The deck is in lieu of 2 steps down to a sidewalk and then 2 steps back up to the driveway, Simple 8x16' affair. It'll overlook the backyard, I suppose.

The bandsaw restoration is a little more than I had hoped for. At some point, it appears that a 3 year old repainted it with a roller and several gallons of crappy paint that only "sort-of" adhered. It's been a pain to remove and prep, but it's coming along.

I have an old-tool habit, so this is nothing new. Working on getting a circa-1930s drill press up and running, too. It's a keeper while the bandsaw is a "have fun restoring and flip it" endeavour. Nice to see a good old piece of cast iron, built better than anything today, gain a new life.
Nice Dave
I asked about the what the deck overlooked to get an idea of where the deck is being located .... As Usual Nice Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
No MouseOwner fantasy football for me, Karl. Two other leagues, though.

Impressive indeed, Dave.
I'm in 2 leagues too Brian, it's hard to keep up with the more league you're in.
... Finally the season starts tomorrow night

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Happy Hump Day!

WDW
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:28 PM   #43
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Michelangelo I reposted this incase you didn't see it earlier .... impressive Breedlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post

Cool 2 three year olds I knew of Bernardi's Dad (A P Indy) he was scratched before the '92 Derby, so I didn't see him run in person, but i did see A P Indy Dad (Sire) (Seattle Slew) win the Derby in '77 and go on to win the Triple Crown (Seattle Slew) ... His Dam (Mother) Weekend surprise is the Daughter of Secretariat ... so I was disappointed to not see AP Indy run in the Derby ... Great, Very Great Bloodlines

Cool Into Mischief's is the Sire of today's Derby Winner Authentic !! (Great race with Tiz the Law today) .... I saw his Grandmother, "I'll have another" race ... Also has Forty niner in the bloodline (Saw race too) ... another Great Bloodlines

me

Great, looks promising with 3 Thoroughbreds with Kentucky Bloodline

Say Good Night Gracie

WDW
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:17 AM   #44
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Nice on the remodel, Mike, hope all went well.

Karl, yup, two league is definitely plenty. Hooray for the return of football. A weekend with football, baseball, hockey, and basketball. About the only thing good out of this year of shittiness.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #45
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Michelangelo I reposted this incase you didn't see it earlier .... impressive Breedlines
Yessir......here are the full pedigrees of the 3 two year olds. Fingers crossed.

The Bernardini has Johannesburg’s on the dam side.

http://apps.keeneland.com/sales/Sep19/pdfs/1610.pdf

http://apps.keeneland.com/sales/Sep19/pdfs/3438.pdf

https://www.obssales.com/aprcatalog/2020/338.PDF

If you look down low, authentic is a cousin of Ohyoudidntknow*the bernardini colts name)

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10

Last edited by Fmer55; 09-10-2020 at 08:39 AM.
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:11 PM   #46
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Fantastic Friday friends!
kzrooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #47
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Hooray for Friday. Zero job updates this week, no update from last Thursday, last Friday, or Tuesday evening interviews. Added yet another couple recruiters to bring my roster up to about 30. So it goes. Bah humbug.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #48
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

I looked at the bloodlines of the horses, and I don't feel any smarter than I did before. It all looks very impressive...but my preference in horses is gaited Walkers or Arabianquarterhorse mixes. I used to very much enjoy riding, but I fear I've gotten a little old and brittle to take it back up again. At least, we were able to raise our kids around horses until they got to high school age.

It has been another uneventful week of mostly isolation here - until about an hour and a half ago. I spoke to an electrician several weeks ago about installing an electric fireplace; replacing the ventilation fan/light in the main bath; mounting the TV on the wall in the living room (including moving/adding a plug and HDMI cords hidden in the wall); and replacing three fixtures worth of 48" fluorescent bulbs with non-ballast LED bulbs. He texted me at about 11:30 that he would be at the condo at 1:00. About 1:45, he showed up with 3 helpers, and it is like an anthill around here. I haven't heard any coughing, and no one looks feverish. We are trying to stay out of the way and hoping for the best.

My son has four interviews in succession with Bridgestone (Nashville headquarters) this coming Monday. Please help me pray for success for him. He needs some success (and we need some relief).

It 's about quitting time for those of you still working. Congratulations on making it through another week. (Mike - I'm not sure the week is ever done for folks running a restaurant. I hope the renovations go well.)

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:29 PM   #49
beansprout
Grand Villa

Jerry, so much accomplished today, yay for you! And good luck to Phillip.
Have fun on Monday. You need a change of scenery once in awhile.

Brian, keep adding to that list of recruiters. Something will come from it.

Day one of garage sale. Went well. We made most of the money within the last hour, go figure. My daughter dropped by to see how we were doing. She touched my heart when she picked up a Christmas apron and with tears in her eyes said I couldnít sell it because she fondly remembers Christmas as a child and me in that apron. I havenít worn that apron in over 20 years but you can be sure Iíll wear that ugly thing this Christmas!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:33 PM   #50
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Jerry, continued prayers and best wishes for Phillip, especially for Monday. Hope the electricians did well.

Thanks, Nancy. Hopefully. Great story about your daughter, glad she was there to cement that memory forever.