home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Downsizing DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-28-2020, 09:43 AM   #121
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Not 1 point.

Looking forward to living large at WDW in the near future.

Grand Villas and Cabins. This pandemic has shown me that our family will need space and a place to gather, be comfortable and cleanliness is even more important now.

DVC is my vacation home in Florida.

Will split time there, HHI, Texas and Virginia.
I will rotate with the seasons in retirement.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:28 PM   #122
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Not 1 point.

Looking forward to living large at WDW in the near future.

Grand Villas and Cabins. This pandemic has shown me that our family will need space and a place to gather, be comfortable and cleanliness is even more important now.

DVC is my vacation home in Florida.

Will split time there, HHI, Texas and Virginia.
I will rotate with the seasons in retirement.

Thank goodness! I was getting sad catching up on the replies!

We still love Disney. I use the points I want and rent the rest. $ offsets dues or my occasional obsession with DCL! For me, renting is not difficult as I have terrific guests who routinely rent from me.

If I can find a place suitable in the WDW area or close proximity, I may consider a reduction. I have always planned to snowbird or potentially move to FL. I am leaning more to a small second place in FL vs an actual move. I have come to the point that I am not sure I can totally give up the tranquility and peacefulness of where I live.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:46 PM   #123
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
If I can find a place suitable in the WDW area or close proximity, I may consider a reduction. I have always planned to snowbird or potentially move to FL. I am leaning more to a small second place in FL vs an actual move. I have come to the point that I am not sure I can totally give up the tranquility and peacefulness of where I live.

We are still hanging tough with our DVC points. We are leaning towards getting a place for part-time living aka: snow birding. But unless a deal comes our way, we are looking probably 8-10 years out before buying a Florida home.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #124
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
Thank goodness! I was getting sad catching up on the replies!

We still love Disney. I use the points I want and rent the rest. $ offsets dues or my occasional obsession with DCL! For me, renting is not difficult as I have terrific guests who routinely rent from me.

Orlando has some nice communities, but I donít plan to stay anywhere when itís 90f or higher. And nothing colder than 55f
So I will rotate.
Im too old to be cold and too trot to be hot!😂
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #125
Joeli
Grand Villa

One place we had read about...
https://www.thevillages.com

Upcoming:
2021 (Mar - BWV, May - PVB, Jul - DCL Fantasy)
2020 (Nov - PVB, Dec/Jan - PVB/BWV)

Done:
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept, Aug, Oct) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO), BCV, BWV)
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV, RCCL - Allure of the Seas
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Lion King/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:50 PM   #126
pacman
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
Our disenchantment with Disney has been developing for quite some time. We still enjoyed going, but the fun was ebbing away. The ratio of money spent to value received was deteriorating for us.

A few negatives: (in no particular order)

All the planning made it seem like work.
The day the inspector barged in when I was naked and wet after a shower.
Getting up at 5am to get a boarding pass for RotR and then the ride broke down.
The high MF increase at OKW.
The decline in customer service.
The bulk toiletries.
The increased costs.
The break-in to our room while I was sleeping.
Etc Etc

We went last December and had our worst trip ever. My daughter and I took her fiancťe to introduce him to WDW. He was not impressed. Then COVID struck....

Assuming that all the contracts will close successfully, all we will have left are the 25 points in our blue card direct contract. I kept that contract just in case the bottom fell out of DVC pricing and I could buy 100 more points for a very occasional trip.
What happened with the Inspector and why did he barge in ?

Who broke into your room ?
Old 09-28-2020, 11:59 PM   #127
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
What happened with the Inspector and why did he barge in ?

Who broke into your room ?
It was the daily trash guy. I didnít hear any knocking, probably because I was in the shower.

We donít know who broke in. We had assumed it was a cast member because they could just open the door.
Crafty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:27 AM   #128
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
It was the daily trash guy. I didn’t hear any knocking, probably because I was in the shower.

We don’t know who broke in. We had assumed it was a cast member because they could just open the door.

Trust me those doors can be broken into by a LOT of people. Not to mention that there are probably hundreds of lost "master keys" at Disney. I once had a hotel manager tell that "of course we don't change all the master keys when someone loses one" so... housekeeping loses their master and someone finds then... free entry to every room!

I never stay in a room without the deadbolt on. If we are together my partner calls if he wants in
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #129
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
It was the daily trash guy. I didnít hear any knocking, probably because I was in the shower.

We donít know who broke in. We had assumed it was a cast member because they could just open the door.
Add me to the list of having cast members barge in to inspect the room without knocking or announcing themselves while being naked after a shower.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #130
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

We will most likely buy a home, condo or townhouse in FL soon... and will sell our Boardwalk points. We love Boulder Ridge too much to sell even though they are our resale points. So we will go from 800+ points to 450.

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2021**
**Boardwalk and AKV Feb. 2021**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF & Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote