home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-03-2020, 04:16 PM   #41
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

So a little help since I am not sure I will easily find this. What states that sell EZ Pass easily do not have a monthly usage requirement or a fee if you do not. If you look at the map, only N. Ohio has toll roads and while I go up there every so often, it's not regularly enough to put up with a $.75/month fee for non usage.

I know I can buy from other states that don't have this silly requirement.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:12 PM   #42
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
So a little help since I am not sure I will easily find this. What states that sell EZ Pass easily do not have a monthly usage requirement or a fee if you do not. If you look at the map, only N. Ohio has toll roads and while I go up there every so often, it's not regularly enough to put up with a $.75/month fee for non usage.

The Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) has an E-ZPass compatible transponder called Uni. CFX does not charge any monthly fees (unless you want a statement via USPS).

https://www.cfxway.com/uni/
Old 09-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #43
Kathy O
Studio

Quote:

Pennsylvania.
Kathy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:38 PM   #44
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
The Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) has an E-ZPass compatible transponder called Uni. CFX does not charge any monthly fees (unless you want a statement via USPS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy O View Post
Pennsylvania.
Thank you both! Helps me to keep from looking at every individual state.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:21 PM   #45
ilphil
Studio

Quote:

IPASS from Illinois is good throughout the EZ-PASS system as well and doesn't charge any monthly fees.
ilphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:39 PM   #46
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:

Pretty sure NY doesn't charge either for the basic plan. You do need to prepay $25 onto it though I believe. Not sure if they ship out of state or not.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:45 AM   #47
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Just a reminder: Uni from CFX is one of only two E-ZPass compatible transponders that currently work on ALL Florida toll roads. The other is from North Carolina (Quick Pass). The only reason the NC E-ZPass works is SunPass (FDOT) & NC have a separate interoperability agreement in place.

Last edited by JaxFLBear; 09-04-2020 at 08:17 AM.
JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:27 AM   #48
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilphil View Post
IPASS from Illinois is good throughout the EZ-PASS system as well and doesn't charge any monthly fees.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post
Pretty sure NY doesn't charge either for the basic plan. You do need to prepay $25 onto it though I believe. Not sure if they ship out of state or not.
Thank you. Many require prepay which I'm good with.

Quote:
Just a reminder: Uni from CFX is one of only two E-ZPass compatible transponders that currently work on ALL Florida toll roads. The other is from North Carolina (Quick Pass). The only reason the NC E-ZPass works is SunPass (FDOT) & NC have a separate interoperability agreement in place.
That might make me go that route since I sometimes use 589 if 275 is backed up. It's not just for my state and Orlando, but more of FL with a chance of other states.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM   #49
hlyntunstl
Two Bedroom

I suggest those who have had their transponder for a while keep an eye on your account to make sure the battery didnít die. I had almost $150 of incorrect charges because they (or at least PA) doesnít notify you. I no longer use it often so this was going on for almost a year. I was charged $5 each time I passed through a booth with the dead transponder. Luckily, some enterprising soul created code to automatically submit my 35 individual claims and I got a refund along with a replacement to my 17 year old transponder. I now check my statement monthly whether I use it or not.
hlyntunstl is offline   Reply With Quote