home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default 30% OFF dvc points for select cruises

Disney Cruise Line Offer: Enjoy 30% Off Original Points Chart Values for Select Sailings

Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can enjoy 30% off original Points Chart values for select sailings when booking with Reservation Points or a combination of Reservation Points and cash. This offer applies to:
• Select 4- or 5-night Bahamian cruises
• Select 7-night Mexican Riviera cruises
• Select 7-night Western Caribbean cruises
Bahamian Sailings – Summer and Fall

Tropical splendor awaits you on select 4-night Bahamian sailings—at a special Member discount!
This great offer applies to select 4-night cruises aboard the Disney Dream departing from Port Canaveral, Florida on the following dates:
  • Monday, August 26, 2019
  • Monday, September 30, 2019
Bahamian Sailings – Very Merrytime Cruises

Celebrate the holidays at sea on a Very Merrytime Cruise to the Bahamas—at a special Member discount!
4-Night Cruises
This great offer applies to the following 4-night Very Merrytime Cruise departing on:

• Thursday, December 12, 2019: Departing from Miami, Florida aboard the Disney Magic, with one stop at Disney Castaway Cay and one stop in Nassau
5-Night Cruises
This great offer applies to the following 5-night Very Merrytime Cruises departing on:

• Monday, December 2, 2019: Departing from Miami, Florida aboard the Disney Magic, with one stop at Disney Castaway Cay and one stop in Key West, Florida
  • Monday, December 16, 2019: Departing from Miami, Florida aboard the Disney Magic, with one stop at Disney Castaway Cay, one stop in Nassau and one stop in Key West, Florida
Mexican Riviera Sailings

Celebrate Halloween along the Mexican Riviera on one of these 7-night sailings—at a special Member discount!
This great offer applies to the 7-Night Halloween on the High Seas Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder—for sailings departing from San Diego, California on the following dates:
  • Sunday, October 20, 2019
  • Sunday, October 27, 2019
Western Caribbean Sailing with Star Wars Day at Sea

Combine the magic of Disney with the power of the Force for a 7-night exploration of the Western Caribbean—loaded with extra surprises!
This out-of-this-world cruise features 5 destinations and 2 days at sea aboard the Disney Fantasy. You’ll begin and end your adventure at Port Canaveral, Florida.
This offer is only valid for one sailing, leaving on:
  • Saturday, February 29, 2020

Know Before You Book

Review important details and general rules concerning this Member offer.
*Important Details:
  • The offer is not available for Members who are making all-cash bookings directly through Disney Cruise Line; only valid when booking through Disney Vacation Club Member Services.
  • Offer is available only to Members who purchase using Reservation Points or combination of Reservation Points and cash. If paying with a combination of Reservation Points and cash, each passenger must be paid for completely in cash or in Reservation Points.
  • Rate excludes Gratuities and Port Adventures.
  • Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses included in Reservation Points.
  • Offer valid only for Categories 04A-11C.
  • If a Member has an existing reservation for a category 04A-11C stateroom on these sailings, the new price will automatically be honored.
  • The offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
  • Reservation Points are per person, based on double occupancy.
  • Activities, entertainment and Characters are subject to change
  • Offer subject to Disney Cruise Line Terms and Conditions and Disney Vacation Club Cancellation Policy.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #2
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Wow!! Thank you for sharing.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:53 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Retroactive? Interesting. Are DCL bookings down?
Old 08-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #4
Kerri jo
Grand Villa

Wow, thanks for sharing! Dates don't work with my availability to travel, but I hope lots of other members can benefit from this. Glad to see some positive news about DVC!
2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV, PVB; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:28 AM   #5
Steamboat42
Studio

DCL bookings = extremely terrible value. Typical value is $8/point. Even at down rental times you can get well above $8/point.

So 30% off point bookings to me equals slightly less terrible deal. Still not worth booking when doing quick math. It still seems like you would come out well ahead by renting through David's and booking the cruise with cash.
Steamboat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:10 AM   #6
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat42 View Post
DCL bookings = extremely terrible value. Typical value is $8/point. Even at down rental times you can get well above $8/point.

So 30% off point bookings to me equals slightly less terrible deal. Still not worth booking when doing quick math. It still seems like you would come out well ahead by renting through David's and booking the cruise with cash.
We took advantage of the deal a few months ago for the October Halloween on the high seas cruise. Not only do they give you 30% off the points, but also 30% off the cash rate. See where I’m going?

At least one person has to be booked on points. So we booked one child on points (30% off on points) and then 2 adults and one more child on cash at 30% off. When I did the math we saved $1600 and that was taking into account what I would have made had I rented the points for the one child. If I strictly took the value of what I paid for the points including 2018 dues, then the savings would have been over 2k.

This is about the only time it is worth using your points for a cruise. (Convenience is worth it for some people which is ok but I’m strictly talking money value when I say worth it for us) I think it is a fantastic deal if you do what we did.

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:17 AM   #7
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Oh boy! That December 16 Merrytime Cruise is very tempting!
Old 08-06-2019, 04:28 AM   #8
MouseOfCards
Two Bedroom

Thanks for sharing! Sadly none of the dates work for our kids school schedules.
MouseOfCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:02 AM   #9
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.disney.couple View Post
We took advantage of the deal a few months ago for the October Halloween on the high seas cruise. Not only do they give you 30% off the points, but also 30% off the cash rate. See where I’m going?

At least one person has to be booked on points. So we booked one child on points (30% off on points) and then 2 adults and one more child on cash at 30% off. When I did the math we saved $1600 and that was taking into account what I would have made had I rented the points for the one child. If I strictly took the value of what I paid for the points including 2018 dues, then the savings would have been over 2k.

This is about the only time it is worth using your points for a cruise. (Convenience is worth it for some people which is ok but I’m strictly talking money value when I say worth it for us) I think it is a fantastic deal if you do what we did.

Very smart to use points for child and secure the 30% for all.
How much point value you receive is dependent on many factors. The general rule is Points are valued at less than renting but it’s best to run the numbers if you are interested. I think this discount brings the value in line for many of the listed dates.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:23 AM   #10
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Who wants to lend me their grandchild?