home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #21
chrisvee
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

There have been times when Iíve paid for PH and not used it much ó trips where I spent days in a park but nights at Disney Springs for example.

You can upgrade your tickets after you get there too.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:13 PM   #22
bubster
Grand Villa

Totally worth it.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #23
pdude81
Grand Villa

If you're going for 4 days or more I think there is no question that you should get the park hopper. If it's only a few bucks more you might even consider getting the pass for water parks if you like that. I never go that route because I know we won't with my young son, but it's all about flexibility
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:16 PM   #24
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

It's your honeymoon. Get the park hopper. It adds so much to the trip, taking away restrictions. Whether it's leaving a park for another because of crowds, or just on a whim to ride your favorite ride at Magic Kingdom when you are at Epcot, the hopper is always a good addition.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #25
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

We always get park hoppers and many times have found available FastPasses in a different park than our first three were used. It's very easy to use the phone app to grab them, then use Disney transportation to get there.

and MNSSHP!

NOV 2005 Grand Floridian (cash) - engagement!
FEB 2007 Port Orleans Riverside (cash)
APR 2009 Polynesian (cash)
JUN 2011 Contemporary (cash)
OCT 2011 Contemporary (cash) - MNSSHP
! New DVC Owners !
OCT 2013 BLT/VGF opening day
MAY 2014 BLT
OCT 2014 BLT - MNSSHP
MAY 2016 AKV - MK After-Hours
AUG 2016 VGF
OCT 2016 BLT -MNSSHP
APR 2017 OKW
OCT 2017 VGF - MNSSHP
DEC 2017 BLT
APR 2018 Coronado Springs (cash)
SEP 2018 BCV
OCT 2018 CCV -MNSSHP

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #26
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
I think it depends on how you plan to visit the parks. We normally make ADRs for dinner every night. Most of them are in Epcot and sometimes at another resort. Therefore if we go to MK, AK, or HS during the day we need the PH to be able to go to Epcot for dinner. So it's always APs for DW and I and PHs for our adult kids
PHs are also handy for going to one park in the morning for certain rides and then to another park later in the day for evening activities. I know that you can save some $$ by doing one park per day but we don't want to be restricted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
I also like the park hoppers as it doesn't restrict you. If you're at a park and it just seems too busy then you can hop over to another one, especially if you've looked at the app and noticed the waits are shorter.

I also like to be able to throw in a few extra evenings at Epcot, for the food factor alone.

Exactly how we visit as well. It's a rare day that we don't hit up at least 2 parks in a day. Often 3. Sometimes 4.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #27
FessParker1
One Bedroom

When staying on property you get extra magic hours. With a park hopper you can do a park that is expected to be less crowded (check Touring Plans) and then head over to the park with extra magic hours when only guests staying on property can ride. In January at least you wont have to contend with the Halloween or Christmas parties taking away a lot of MK nights.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #28
robinb
Two Bedroom

I don't think you really need Park Hoppers. We have APs and we usually just return to the same park we started with. It's a habit that we started when we used to hoard the old paper FPs and the return time was not enforced.

robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #29
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

I think it also depends on where you stay. If you are at Epcot resorts it is nice to be able to hop over to Epcot at night for supper or for breakfast .
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #30
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
I think it also depends on where you stay. If you are at Epcot resorts it is nice to be able to hop over to Epcot at night for supper or for breakfast .
or whatever!

I would say that at an Epcot resort you definitely should get park hoppers. You probably should at BLT as well for the same reasons. Otherwise it's up to you.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote