home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #1
RandomActs75
Studio

Default One last round of questions before we depart

Just want to check a few things as we head off as we are doing a few never before done things this trip

1. I purchased early bird for the trip home - It automatically checks me in at 36 hours right? It doesn't just open the check in window at 36 hours, correct?

2. Where does Uber pickup for BLT - can it pick up at the BLT building? I just see so much of CR and BLT are shared I just wasn't sure and I've never used Uber before

3. If I set a pin for my magic band online it should work if I go right to the park yes? Last time we had some issues with it and had to go back to front desk but that was awhile ago so just wanted to check if it works better now.

4. they can hold our carry-on luggage at the hotel if we arrive and our room isn't ready and we want to go to parks right away, yes?
Old 08-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomActs75 View Post
Just want to check a few things as we head off as we are doing a few never before done things this trip

1. I purchased early bird for the trip home - It automatically checks me in at 36 hours right? It doesn't just open the check in window at 36 hours, correct?

2. Where does Uber pickup for BLT - can it pick up at the BLT building? I just see so much of CR and BLT are shared I just wasn't sure and I've never used Uber before

3. If I set a pin for my magic band online it should work if I go right to the park yes? Last time we had some issues with it and had to go back to front desk but that was awhile ago so just wanted to check if it works better now.

4. they can hold our carry-on luggage at the hotel if we arrive and our room isn't ready and we want to go to parks right away, yes?

1. Yes. You are automatically checked in at 36 hours. You should be able to see your mobile boarding pass at 24 hours.

2. Sorry, canít help with this one.

3. In theory, yes. But you might want to double check first. Or take a back up CC into the park with you.

4. Yes, bell services can take care of your carry on luggage while you head to the park for fun. I do that often!
Old 08-10-2018, 10:10 AM   #3
bigmac0712
One Bedroom

2. Yes. Just drag the "pick up" pin in the app to be the lobby of BLT. We've done this many times. You can see where your driver is in real time and if goes to the CR lobby and you don't want to walk over just hit the contact button to ask them to go to BLT.
bigmac0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
MMC1
Grand Villa

As you walk out the door of the BLT lobby Uber/Lyft picked us up on the right side
. You will see a bench to wait. It seems the bell services side on the left had too much activity. I guess that is why uber pickup is more convenient for driver on the right of the curbside. And the drop off/pickup at new Disney Springs seemed to be by the Cirque. It felt really far away and the "new" is kinda confusing. I recommend grabbing one of the Disney Springs brochures with map in the lobby before you go.... we had a hard time finding Morimoto's .
Even the bus drop off at Disney Springs felt strange. Def take a map.

Have fun!!!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote