home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2018, 12:54 PM   #31
Kmermaid
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Kmermaid, how does the reimbursement work? (I'm wondering becuase I don't have a lot of time right now due to family illness to hunt down and track reimbursements to make sure they happen).

Is the process automatic? Let us know what you experience went... I was looking at applying for the premier card (another one) to get this. I already have premier card, and don't remember seeing anything about this, so assuming it's only for new applications?

Any advice appreciated,

TIA, Goldi
It sounds like you charge the upgrade fee on the SWA premier charge and they credit you on the card. I haven't received the card yet but it made sense since I was most likely going to be upgrading atleast one of us on any SWA flights. After googling it and reading some sites it didn't have any real downturns other than it costs more. But the benefits out way the costs for me.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #32
Kmermaid
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I called the first time I tried to change a ticket where we had EBCI on both the main ticket and the companion ticket and wanted to change the flight. They said we would lose the EBCI on the companion once we rebooked. We had bought the tickets with points before we had companion status, canceled my ticket, and then rebooked mine as a companion and added EBCI. When the price dropped and we tried to modify, we had to cancel the companion and lost my EBCI. It stunk.
Well that does stink. They have always put the EBCI back on my tickets.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #33
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmermaid View Post
Well that does stink. They have always put the EBCI back on my tickets.
Mine only messed up once, but they fixed it. That is so weird!
Old 08-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #34
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmermaid View Post
So you are saying that you called to cancel and rebook (points drop) with EBCI and they wouldn't attach the EBCI to the new reservation? They have always reinstated the EBCI when I called because of a reduction in points. I always have to call because there is always a companion pass (me) involved.

I'm over getting EBCI anyway. This past may DH got A22, DD, DDfriend and I go B4,5,6 - weird but ok
Returning DH got A22, me A44, DDfriend A45 and DD B36?? All bought at the same time and no changes were made to the return flight at anytime. It seems the give the account holder the real EBCI and all other tickets bought with those points are pushed to another level that the computer uses to assign positions.

I just upgraded DH SWA credit card to premier card and they give you a reimbursement up to 4 upgrade boarding passes for those A1 -15 positions.
No. In my case, the agent I spoke to on the phone rebooked for me and said that the EB had been transferred to the new ticket. Supposed to be all set. Then I ended up in C boarding. I asked the agent at the airport, and they saw where I originally purchased EB, but it somehow did not attach to new ticket. They acted like it was an anomaly, and fixed it for me at the ticket counter. Put me boarding at the end of A. It only happened that once.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #35
ryanm
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Kmermaid, how does the reimbursement work? (I'm wondering becuase I don't have a lot of time right now due to family illness to hunt down and track reimbursements to make sure they happen).

Is the process automatic? Let us know what you experience went... I was looking at applying for the premier card (another one) to get this. I already have premier card, and don't remember seeing anything about this, so assuming it's only for new applications?

Any advice appreciated,

TIA, Goldi
It is a new tier of southwest credit card. The "Priority" card. You pay $149 a year, but you get 4 upgraded boardings each year, 7500 points each year, and a $75 southwest credit each year. The credit and the upgraded boardings are applied as statement credits.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:09 PM   #36
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
It is a new tier of southwest credit card. The "Priority" card. You pay $149 a year, but you get 4 upgraded boardings each year, 7500 points each year, and a $75 southwest credit each year. The credit and the upgraded boardings are applied as statement credits.

Intriguing.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #37
chrisvee
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

This thread has been super helpful. I am switching to SW as my main Disney airline and never thought to do two separate bookings...
Old 08-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #38
OLDDISNUT
One Bedroom

I just saw on the Southwest sight that starting August 29th that EB will cost between $15 to $25 per flight!!!! It will be based on length of the route and demand for early bird. I am sure MCO is going to be one of the $25 ones based on demand for EB. Did some searching and here is a link for a article on it. You can also look on the southwest site its under the EB section.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...your-strategy/
OLDDISNUT is offline   Reply With Quote