home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-03-2018, 05:42 AM   #561
Nickys
Grand Villa

Can someone remind me again on transfers and banking please?

I went to bank my points, and found that 5 of them were already banked from Dec 2016.

The only thing I could theoretically do is borrow points to make a reservation before November right?

I canít transfer them to a good home can I?

Thanks!
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #562
Lolaura84
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Can someone remind me again on transfers and banking please?

I went to bank my points, and found that 5 of them were already banked from Dec 2016.

The only thing I could theoretically do is borrow points to make a reservation before November right?

I canít transfer them to a good home can I?

Thanks!
Correct, you cannot transfer banked points. Have you already banked your Dec 2017 UY points? If not, you could top off a reservation using those rather than borrowed. Or you could buy one time use points and make a reservation with those plus your 5 banked.
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:15 PM   #563
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Default is it ever possible to request a downgraded view?

I was finally able to get an extra night in a studio for our Thanksgiving trip by adding a few one time use points, but the only thing available was BLT lake view. I would much prefer to be on the ground floor of the tower. From what I have read only standard rooms are on the ground floor. Is it possible to request a ground floor room if waitlist doesn't come through?
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:06 PM   #564
Lolaura84
Studio

Default One Time Use Points

I saw some availability at just a few months out and it was tempting enough for me to book and buy 8 one time use points while I figured out if I could work out flights, vacation schedules, etc. Unfortunately, no luck. No biggie, still outside 30 day window, points (all but the 8) are all bankable, etc. I have a few upcoming reservations I booked at 7 months or under, so I figured I would be able to ask to have points reshuffled to make sure I was using the OTUP. A chat with member services said no, OTUP can only be used for a newly booked reservation. Is that true, or should I call back and try to get someone else?
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #565
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolaura84 View Post
I saw some availability at just a few months out and it was tempting enough for me to book and buy 8 one time use points while I figured out if I could work out flights, vacation schedules, etc. Unfortunately, no luck. No biggie, still outside 30 day window, points (all but the 8) are all bankable, etc. I have a few upcoming reservations I booked at 7 months or under, so I figured I would be able to ask to have points reshuffled to make sure I was using the OTUP. A chat with member services said no, OTUP can only be used for a newly booked reservation. Is that true, or should I call back and try to get someone else?
Call back. I donít know what their rules say, but a CM just volunteered to do this for me a couple of weeks ago. Took her 2-3 minutes. So it can be done.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:28 PM   #566
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolaura84 View Post
Correct, you cannot transfer banked points. Have you already banked your Dec 2017 UY points? If not, you could top off a reservation using those rather than borrowed. Or you could buy one time use points and make a reservation with those plus your 5 banked.
Thanks!

Yes, I wanted to bank the current points. Realised I had some left over and thought someone might have been able to use them. Then remembered
Old 08-05-2018, 05:49 PM   #567
DonJose
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
I was finally able to get an extra night in a studio for our Thanksgiving trip by adding a few one time use points, but the only thing available was BLT lake view. I would much prefer to be on the ground floor of the tower. From what I have read only standard rooms are on the ground floor. Is it possible to request a ground floor room if waitlist doesn't come through?
The BLT Standard view is a VERY popular booking category because of the fewer points per night so it's very unlikely that it will be available as a "request." Most of the rooms at BLT are lake view. You could try waitlisting for a standard view studio (single night). Are you requesting ground floor for mobility reasons, or fear of heights? If the latter, you could request the lowest floor available.

DonJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #568
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Stupid FP+ question here. I should know this, but it's escaping me:

To book FP+ at 60 days- do you just need to be names on a reservation that is within 60 days, or do you also need to have an active linked ticket?

Have some family that are on the reservation, but had planned to get tickets in October as they would get more time out of them.

Or, if they buy know, can they be lined, but not activated, so they don't start yet?

Really basic, but just not things I usually deal with

Cheers.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #569
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

To book FP+ at 60 days- do you just need to be names on a reservation that is within 60 days, or do you also need to have an active linked ticket?

Have some family that are on the reservation, but had planned to get tickets in October as they would get more time out of them.

Or, if they buy know, can they be lined, but not activated, so they don't start yet?

Cheers.
You need to have a ticket linked in MDE to be able to book FPs.

To book at 60 days, you must be listed on an onsite reservation, or listed under family and friends to someone who is listed on an onsite reservation.

Tickets are only activated when they are first used to enter a park. So you can buy now and activate them when they are visiting WDW. That applies to both ordinary tickets and APs.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #570
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

Cheers.
Yes, they have to have a ticket associated with the account. They can go online and buy tickets from Disney or UT, or whoever, and link them to the account. The tickets arenít actually active until the first swipe at the theme park. Hope this helps!