home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Default Moonlight Magic at Epcot - Questions

My reminder email from Disney says, "Here's everything you need to know" and I still have questions I'm hoping some experienced Moonlight Magic attendees can shed some light or educated speculation on what has been past practice to help with planning.

Event Time: 9:30 PM - 12:30 AM. Members and Special Guests may enter the Park as early as 7:00 PM to get a head start on the fun.

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required):
• Disney Vacation Club Resort Lobbies: Beginning no earlier than 6:30 PM
• In-Park Check In: Innovations West, beginning at 6:30 PM
• Epcot® Main Entrance & International Gateway: Beginning at 7:00 PM

Since two of my guests will not have tickets, does this mean if we check in at resort lobby or main entrance, they can enter as early as 7:00pm?

Food & Beverage:
• When you arrive, be sure to pick up your complimentary meal voucher at the Epcot Main Entrance, International Gateway or at the in-park check-in location.

Does anyone have an idea of what may be included in the complimentary meal voucher? We were planning to meet up for dinner before the event, but may adjust plans if it was an actual meal instead of snacks. Conversely, how crazy are the wait times for dining if everyone is eating?!

Thanks in advance for your guidance!
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
My reminder email from Disney says, "Here's everything you need to know" and I still have questions I'm hoping some experienced Moonlight Magic attendees can shed some light or educated speculation on what has been past practice to help with planning.

Event Time: 9:30 PM - 12:30 AM. Members and Special Guests may enter the Park as early as 7:00 PM to get a head start on the fun.

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required):
• Disney Vacation Club Resort Lobbies: Beginning no earlier than 6:30 PM
• In-Park Check In: Innovations West, beginning at 6:30 PM
• Epcot® Main Entrance & International Gateway: Beginning at 7:00 PM

Since two of my guests will not have tickets, does this mean if we check in at resort lobby or main entrance, they can enter as early as 7:00pm?

Food & Beverage:
• When you arrive, be sure to pick up your complimentary meal voucher at the Epcot Main Entrance, International Gateway or at the in-park check-in location.

Does anyone have an idea of what may be included in the complimentary meal voucher? We were planning to meet up for dinner before the event, but may adjust plans if it was an actual meal instead of snacks. Conversely, how crazy are the wait times for dining if everyone is eating?!

Only did Epcot last year.

Yes, you and your guest can check in/ and is very easy at the resort lobby desk. They will have a designated area and CM’s to guide you to it.
You must all be together at that time. They will put a wrist band on you then.

As for a meal voucher, not a clue. It’s either new or I was totally oblovious last year figuring it all out.

It was a great event.

Only flaw was everyone mobbed the gift areas for the limited memorabilia.
It was crazy!
I went for the last Moonlight Magic pin on a rack and someone grabbed it from me. Then a truly selfless person turned and gave me hers. I didn’t want to take it, I felt awful accepting it, but she wanted me to have it after what she saw.
I will forever remember that moment and the wonderful gift in more ways than one that women gave me.

Go, have fun.... chill, it’s all good.

Be sure to get to the special fireworks show... AMAZING !
Enjoy
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Yes, anyone attending the event can enter starting at 7PM.

Interesting that they are using vouchers now! Before you could have had as many hot dogs as you wanted. At least that's been a common item - Epcot was hot dogs and chips I think although might be confusing with AK event.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #4
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

I definitely do not want to cancel dinner plans for hot dogs
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:08 AM   #5
Ludwig von Chuck
Grand Villa

At past events I've seen hot dogs and veggie burgers at AK, Epcot, and MK. At MK, they also had chicken nuggets. All had potato chips and cookies with limited beverages (no coke).

All events included ice cream treats (mmmm, Mickey Bars).

This will be the first time I've seen vouchers being used. In the past, it was a free for all. I like the change; one free meal per guest is reasonable.

Let's hope they don't limit the Mickey Bars.

Did I mention how good the Mickey Bars are?

BRV owners since 2009

First trip: Nov 76 at PVR for my 8th birthday
Last trip: Oct 17 at PVB to take my granddaughter to MNSSHP
Next trip: Jul 19 at AKV with all my grandchildren (4 girls)

Moonlight Magic: AK x2, MK, Epcot x2, DHS, and TL
Ludwig von Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #6
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
I'd keep the dinner plans, see what the voucher gets you and then decide which route to take. How close to the reservation time can it be cancelled?

NOV 2005 Grand Floridian (cash) - engagement!
FEB 2007 Port Orleans Riverside (cash)
APR 2009 Polynesian (cash)
JUN 2011 Contemporary (cash)
OCT 2011 Contemporary (cash) - MNSSHP
! New DVC Owners !
OCT 2013 BLT/VGF opening day
MAY 2014 BLT
OCT 2014 BLT - MNSSHP
MAY 2016 AKV - MK After-Hours
AUG 2016 VGF
OCT 2016 BLT -MNSSHP
APR 2017 OKW
OCT 2017 VGF - MNSSHP
DEC 2017 BLT
APR 2018 Coronado Springs (cash)
SEP 2018 BCV
OCT 2018 CCV -MNSSHP

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #7
BriannaJAzmin
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:

I was curious what food would be offered as well! I'll be following this thread

I hope meal vouchers won't just to limit us to 1 hotdog (which I dont eat), a bag of chips & Mickey premium bar which I've seen were all you can eat at other events

My plan was to eat "real food" when I'm at AK for my FOP FP so I'm not hungry at the party
BriannaJAzmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #8
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

I wonder how long the IG check-in will be open. We have SDD fastpass at DHS at 8:40 I cannot change, and no one will want to give it up. We were hoping to take the boat from DHS to Epcot right after we ride SDD.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #9
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Great news! I found out that the meal vouchers are good for one entree, one side and one non-alcoholic beverage at Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Liberty Inn or Kringla Bakeri. Even better, the ice cream is still available, in Future World East and West. No hot dogs required!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #10
BriannaJAzmin
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Great news! I found out that the meal vouchers are good for one entree, one side and one non-alcoholic beverage at Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Liberty Inn or Kringla Bakeri. Even better, the ice cream is still available, in Future World East and West. No hot dogs required!
Yesssss! Thank you for reporting back!
BriannaJAzmin is offline   Reply With Quote