home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 10:54 AM   #21
Raspus
One Bedroom

It was our last full day here. Slept in a little later. Once again I cooked eggs for breakfast. We had coffee on our balcony. We also washed our dirty clothes. By 11 we were back at EPCOT. We enjoyed some more food like lump crab cake, smoked corned beef, beef stroganoff and the red hot spicy Thai curry beef from Thailand. We really enjoyed the food we ate and thought the food was very good and that the portions were larger.

We didnít want to eat too much because we had an ADR at 4:30 at Via Napoli. We rode the Figment ride and then went to the DVC lounge. It had been a while since we had been there. We had snacks and drinks and cooled off from the heat. We then went to see the Pixar Shorts. We thought they were well done and we enjoyed them. Next thing was the Odyssey building to see the display about the future of EPCOT. It was very well done.

We were thirsty so went over to Taste Track had a frozen slushy. We had a blue raspberry and now we had mixed one with watermelon and blue raspberry. Really enjoyed this. Then we went and tried to pick up our coasters because this was our fourth visit. They told us my wife was 4 times but I was only 3 times. I tried to explain to them that my wife who was in a wheelchair could not have come in without me. The CM tried to tell how someone else could have brought her in. This caused me to get angry. I started to complain loudly and she relented and gave us both coaster sets. Still not sure how my first visit didnít register.

Soon it was time for dinner. We had never eaten at Via Napoli before and we were looking forward to it. We both had a taste for pizza and thatís what we ordered. We each had an individual pizza and they were bigger than expected. My wife ate half of hers while I ate three quarters of mine. We took the rest back to the room. We liked this place and plan to eat there again.

Now it was time to head back to the room and pack. We packed up our owners locker and I took that and the wheelchair back to Bell Services. Back to the room where we both put our pajamas on. We finished washing our clothes and finished packing. The only dirty clothes we brought home were our pajamas. One again I had a nightcap on the balcony before heading to bed.

My MIL from a previous trip.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #22
Raspus
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
My grandfather drank a shot of Wild Turkey every day......The man lived to 98 years old......Keep up the good work!
Glad to hear it. Hope it works for me.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #23
Raspus
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We also thoroughly enjoyed the Rose and Crown Fireworks dining package. Not fighting for a spot, having a guaranteed seat and the price I feel is justifiable.

I am so happy you and your wife made it back to WDW. And I am so glad to read that she is still progressing with her recovery.
Thank you. She is still under going therapy and making progress. If Disney continues to offer the dining package we would go again. Not fighting for a spot to watch it made it much more pleasurable.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #24
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

So enjoyed your trip report! Glad your wife is doing so well and you are planning more WDW vacations. Thanks for taking us along!😀
Old 10-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #25
Raspus
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite4 View Post
So enjoyed your trip report! Glad your wife is doing so well and you are planning more WDW vacations. Thanks for taking us along!😀
Thank you for the nice comment.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:10 PM   #26
Raspus
One Bedroom

The time to go home has come. We were up early and finished packing. The only dirty clothes that we had were our pajamas. I took the luggage out to the car and we left. Gassed up the car and drove to the airport. I dropped my wife off in front of the terminal and she walked by herself(using her cane) into the terminal. I returned the rental car and went to find my wife.

I found her and soon we were through security and at our gate. We boarded and had a very nice flight home. We were home early so we went pick up our very spoiled fur baby. She was very glad to be home. The end of a great trip.

Final thoughts:

This was our first trip anywhere since my wifeís stroke. Weíre thrilled at how well it went.

It was also our first trip in years without my MIL. We really missed her.

Really enjoyed the Illumination dinner package at Rose and Crown.

Food and Wine festival was great. The food was very good and I thought the portions were a good size. God willing we will be back next year for it.

Loved the renovations at OKW.

Next trip will be in December.

Thanks for reading.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:31 PM   #27
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks again for taking the time on this excellent report! Continued best wishes to your wife (and you).
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #28
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading. I'm glad your wife is doing well.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:31 PM   #29
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Very enjoyable trip report and a nice tribute to your MIL. I was there last week as well...wonder if we crossed paths at the Lounge as I stopped by almost every day. Wouldn't that be cool!

Wishing you and your wife another great trip in December to look forward to as well.
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #30
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Great report! Loved the positive outlook on things. Praying your wife returns to as near 100% as possible very soon!
kzrooster is online now   Reply With Quote