home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #51
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Congratulations!!! You will love Kidani.

What a mess. I would be a wreck. Go home tonight and have a nice beverage of choice.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
2/14-2/17 SSR
2/17-2/21 BWV
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:26 PM   #52
FCivish3
One Bedroom

At Kidani, you might request a lower floor, level 2 (which is the lobby level) if you want to be close to the animals, or an upper floor, level 6, if you want to just look out farther.

You can request an area near the pool, and not be too far from the lobby on the north, or you can request near the Timon elevator, the first elevator to the south of the lobby, and have closer access to the bus stops (go down the Timon elevator and up the walkway and you are at the bus stops).

Both of these should get you reasonably close to the lobby, and on the Sunset Savannah. Definitely request Sunset Savannah. Avoid the Pembe Savannah. Not only is is not a great Savannah, it is about as far north at the end of the building as you can get.

I usually do my room requests online, with the Chat feature in the DVC Members site. Or I call and request it.

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #53
hilaw
Grand Villa

labor intensive bookings and frustrations
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:17 PM   #54
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Tink711 but I lost track ... I think no SSR

12/2-5 VGF
12/5-7 Kidani

Right?

It kind of hard to keep up with. I think I lost my husband to. When it started, he pulled out his calendar and wrote it down. When it was all done, he pulled out his calendar and wrote it down. During that middle part- he just listened and shook his head.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #55
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
At Kidani, you might request a lower floor, level 2 (which is the lobby level) if you want to be close to the animals, or an upper floor, level 6, if you want to just look out farther.

You can request an area near the pool, and not be too far from the lobby on the north, or you can request near the Timon elevator, the first elevator to the south of the lobby, and have closer access to the bus stops (go down the Timon elevator and up the walkway and you are at the bus stops).

Both of these should get you reasonably close to the lobby, and on the Sunset Savannah. Definitely request Sunset Savannah. Avoid the Pembe Savannah. Not only is is not a great Savannah, it is about as far north at the end of the building as you can get.

I usually do my room requests online, with the Chat feature in the DVC Members site. Or I call and request it.
Thank you for the advice for Kidani room request!

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #56
Happy Pixie
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
Another update:

When I woke up this morning I had:
12/2-12/5 Confirmed VGF Studio
12/5-12/6 I have confirmed BWV 1 BR Garden - AND - confirmed OKW studio ... hoping maybe I can find 12/6 for either of these.

Waitlist #1 12/5-12/7 SSR Studio Standard
Waitlist #2 12/5-12/7 SSR Studio Preferred.

And of course, a back-up at POP because like a well-trained MO, I know to have a cash backup in these situations.

I get up this morning a check first thing - found SSR Studio Preferred for 12/5, so I book it. Planned to call over lunch to have Waitlist #2 changed to just looking for 1 night. In the old days, I would have done this myself - but I am not doing my WL on-line again.

I had a meeting at my normal lunch time, so it was after 1 when I could finally get back to this.
So, I check and make sure all my ressies and WLs are still there - check.
I go check the RAT - and score - I find 12/5-12/7, the 2 nights I needed, in a 1BR Savannah at Kidani. Color me happy.
I click to take the room. It says I need to borrow. At this point, I don't really care, I'll just bank the other points when I cancel those extra ressies. I say what the heck, I have this room locked in, let me go in my other window (because we all log into DVCmember with at least 2 windows open - right ?), and cancel those other ressies to free up the points, maybe when it goes to next screen it will figure it out. So I proceed to cancel those other ressies. Then I click to confirm my found gem of 2 nights in a row in a room I actually want. I go to the screen where it makes me fill in the points I will be borrowing - oh well - not gonna fuss about that at this point, I'll go to plan B and bank those freed up points. I click submit, I get the error telling me I have to click the "I agree" box. I do, I click submit again.
Cue the music from Psycho shower sceen
I see 7 funny little men on my screen with a message telling me "We're working on it"

I already canceled those other 3 "anchor" ressies that I only had to click the search button at least 100 times to find. I even agreed to borrow points that I really don't need to borrow - all because I finally got a couple of nights and now have enough nights to make a decent vacation out of this mess and now - you - DVC - send Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy. et al to tell me that you ATE my reservation.

This can't be happening.
So in more windows in multiple browsers, more DVC sessions all on the RAT all clicking refresh - where is my room! Simulataneously, I pull out the iphone, click on the Memeber Service number from my contact list, put it on speaker and keep refreshing in between keying in my info on the automated part of the call. In a fairly short period of time, my call was answered and I finally got someone from DVC MS who was actually helpful. They do still exist. She patiently listened to my frantic ramblings about my issues and my ressie then she quickly jumps into action and starts doing repeated searches with me. While we try, she says the system might still be on the 20 minute hold from when I was trying to book it. So, I go back in, back page from the dwarfs - find my ressie, go back through the motions, the little guys are still "working on it". So, I back page again, still on with MS, and cancel my stuck ressie, and the super nice DVC MS CM is able to grab it within about 5 seconds.

We now have a real, confirmed ressie for our final 2 nights.
Bonus - this is a ressie we are looking forward to. We've stayed at Jambo several times, but haven't tried Kidani yet so this will be a chance to try something new - but we know we will like it because how can you not like a 1 BR Savannah view ?

Thanks for following y'all.
All extra ressies, cash back-up and POP and WL's have been canceled.
I can't believe this drama has only been going on since Saturday - it feels like a month.
Congratulation , now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your week.
Happy Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:19 AM   #57
ajc
Grand Villa

All I can say is WOW!
ajc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:30 AM   #58
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

So happy for you!! Now enjoy your vacation!
Old 10-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #59
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post

It kind of hard to keep up with. I think I lost my husband to. When it started, he pulled out his calendar and wrote it down. When it was all done, he pulled out his calendar and wrote it down. During that middle part- he just listened and shook his head.
This may be my favorite part of your story....that and knowing there are other people out there who get this type of incessant work for a Disney vacation.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:10 AM   #60
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

I k ow you shorted your stay from the 9th to the 7th, will you try to add another night at kidani or at this point you are done?
Congratulations on the Kidani reservation!!