home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Default EMH Changes at HS

While I havenít checked them all, our EMH changed from 7-8am on January 5th at HS to 9p-11p on the 5th. Itís not like people planned FPís and dining reservations or anything based on getting there early that morning. This is less than a month away. Sorry for the rant, but itís very frustrating that they require all this planning and then just change things at their whim too close to make changes to any plans.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Its maddening.....truly is.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
WiltonJohn
Two Bedroom

Write to Disney.

best,

............john
Old 12-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #4
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
Write to Disney.

best,

............john
I just emailed them. I'll let ya'll know what, if anything, they say.

I mean we have our 3 FP's and a lunch dining reservation at HS based on these morning EMH. Had I known the EMH were going to be at night, I would have planned very differently for this day. My daughter also has a BBB reservation that evening in MK! UGH! Come on Disney!
Old 12-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

I am tired also of the hours not being as they say. Busses are nit getting to the resort early enough as HS is stated to open at 8. But it is actually opening at 6:30. The boarding passes are almost gone by the time the resort guest can get there .
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:41 PM   #6
jflatto
Grand Villa

This has been one of my frustrations that I have complained out before on MO and to Disney, not that I expect it to change.

Ignoring rooms at 7 or 11 months, Disney wants us to have ADRs at 6 months, FP+ at 60 days but they can't get their schedules figured out or let folks know about events, extra magic hours, etc. then.

And yes, I know we do not need to make ADRs and FP+ but DW and I are both planners (and to be honest, DW gets stuck with most of the planning), but we are going over Christmas and expect it to be crazy.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #7
Kmermaid
Two Bedroom

I was able to change this weekends FP to an early SD because of this.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #8
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Maybe they count on people not remembering what the EMH dates/times were when they planned 60 days out. I know I don't. Then when I get there and things seem off, I sit there and think I'm crazy for why I planned a certain park/activity for a certain day. Sorry they changed it on you. Curious if you will hear back from them. I was thinking HS had early EMH now pretty much permanently (at least while ROTR is still new)...I know the gates have been opening at 6:30 am.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
Minnie-n-Me
Studio

I wonder if they will continue to have an "unofficial" opening at 7:00 or 7:30 for guests that arrive early while moving the official EMH to the evening. As mentioned above they are already doing this now. I know it is maddening. We are planners too. If you don't mind, update this thread to let us know what actually happens when you are there.

Our crew DH DW DS21 DD18
39 DVC vacations and counting!
Minnie-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #10
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
Maybe they count on people not remembering what the EMH dates/times were when they planned 60 days out. I know I don't. Then when I get there and things seem off, I sit there and think I'm crazy for why I planned a certain park/activity for a certain day. Sorry they changed it on you. Curious if you will hear back from them. I was thinking HS had early EMH now pretty much permanently (at least while ROTR is still new)...I know the gates have been opening at 6:30 am.
Even though gates are opening early there is no EMH. I think for 8am official open and 6:30 gates open...then you just stand there or leave to come back because no rides open until 8am. Right? They did the 6am EMH with the other ride but stopped that before ROTR opened. Or am I wrong?

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next DVC trip(s):Nov 28- Dec 3 SSR & Jan 4-9 BWV

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote