home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #51
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney dreaming View Post
Aug I booked a reservation but cancelled because I read bad reviews. Wish we went and tried it as we were on dining plan. Maybe next time.
Yes, I'd recommend trying it. I've gotten to the point that I don't check reviews anymore. Seems like my preferences always tend to be the opposite of many. Everyone has different priorities, so what seems to be a horrible disaster from one persons point of view can be a oh well, they were having a bad day, point of view from mine.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:13 PM   #52
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney dreaming View Post
Aug I booked a reservation but cancelled because I read bad reviews. Wish we went and tried it as we were on dining plan. Maybe next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Yes, I'd recommend trying it. I've gotten to the point that I don't check reviews anymore. Seems like my preferences always tend to be the opposite of many. Everyone has different priorities, so what seems to be a horrible disaster from one persons point of view can be a oh well, they were having a bad day, point of view from mine.

Exactly. Always worth trying something if one wants to. Opinions will always vary. There are only a small handful of people whose opinions could sway my activity, and even then...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:58 AM   #53
Eeyorelover22
Two Bedroom

We ate here and it was fun. Food was very good and it was one of the few places I could actually eat. The chef was awesome. It really was fun. I wore my vintage Evil Queen shirt and the Queen loved it. She made a huge deal out of it as did the other characters. It was a lot of fun. My 26 year old daughter still loves characters so for her it was a blast. She also took a solo trip last December and went alone and the characters were great then too.

When we went in June they didn't take Tables in Wonderland.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #54
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

So, thanks to the dining reservation finder on TouringPlans, I just secured a reservation for our first night. This opens up day 3 (DHS/Epcot) in case DH wants to try for a ride on ROTR. Now if I can get a second FP for FOP...
Old 01-07-2020, 02:12 PM   #55
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So, thanks to the dining reservation finder on TouringPlans, I just secured a reservation for our first night. This opens up day 3 (DHS/Epcot) in case DH wants to try for a ride on ROTR. Now if I can get a second FP for FOP...

I love that program!

Pound the app! You can get the FoP reservation.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:46 PM   #56
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I love that program!

Pound the app! You can get the FoP reservation.
It really is enormously helpful! And just today, I got an email (32 days from arrival) to tell me that itís time to make my room request. Normally, I use their request system, and itís really nice to have that prompt to remind me. This time, we are staying on the hotel side in a king bed pool view room. I looked at their room finder, and it seems that there are only a small number of those rooms anyway. So I will likely just go with it this time and see what happens.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #57
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
I looked at their room finder, and it seems that there are only a small number of those rooms anyway. So I will likely just go with it this time and see what happens.

I too like to live dangerously!

Old 01-07-2020, 08:57 PM   #58
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:44 PM   #59
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

The food was good, but I miss Artist Point. The characters were great, but I do not think we will do it again, when we went they were running behind, and we had to wait almost two hours for our seating. I do not think that was the norm, just lots of larger parties staying longer than anticipated. There is a photo op with the queen which was also fun.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:58 PM   #60
hilaw
Grand Villa

I too miss Artist Point, but the Story Book Dining is at least a very good overall experience. Character interaction, especially Evil Queen, is great. Plated Food is good considering the menu needs to try to please the masses.

Strong Recommendation for trying once. Reservation is as tough to get as any other top tier ADR.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote