home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-06-2019, 06:14 PM   #11
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcclars78 View Post
HHI is on our list of resorts to stay at.

We absolutely love Vero Beach resort and I've seriously considered opening my wallet for points there.

Is HHI entertaining for young children (9yo and 6yo)?

That is why we originally chose Vero over Hilton Head when the kids were 5yo & 2yo. Hilton Head just "felt" more suited for older kids.
My kids are 8 and 5 and love it at HHI! They do some of the offered activities with cast members, they love the beach and the pool. They are honestly always asking when we can go back!!
eandjmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #12
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Its a lovely resort. Hubby wants to retire there now.

Goldi
We strongly considered it. However, for us, such a large part of our love for Hilton Head Island comes in our love for the resort. So we've just decided to use our points and stay for long stays. Some people I know come in January, stay for a month, then go to WDW for a few days (because you can't stay at any hotel for >30 days straight), then come back for another month.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:27 PM   #13
freytwins
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

My boys and my nieces and nephew all say it is, by far, their favorite resort. They have the best cast members. It feels like a vacation(in other words you don't need a vacation from your vacation).
freytwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #14
Mrspaceman2
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We love HH too and go every year. The resort and cast members are first rate. The naturalist programs are excellent. Also love the food - Old Oyster Factory and The Cottage in Bluffton are musts for us. We always rent bikes and can go all over the island with them. It is incredibly relaxing.
Mrspaceman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #15
Treeguy
One Bedroom

We are going to HHI for the second time. Didn't have enough points for a week stay this year after 2 WDW trips last year and one in May so we rented a condo instead on the beach in PD. Really looking forward to it.
[/url]Every red-blooded American knows that the only condiment that you are ever supposed to put on a hamburger is KETCHUP! Or MAYBE some of that SPECIAL SAUCE you like so much here in Canada; which I think has a little bit of mayonnaise in it too! But I swear to God when they start slapping that mayonnaise on there I could kill somebody.
Jimmy 'The Tulip' Tudeski 'The Whole Nine Yards'

Treeguy is offline   Reply With Quote