home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 07:04 PM   #21
Princess Mom
Studio

We have SO much to be thankful for:

Today was my son's 6th bday and he was sad his party was canceled and mom "couldn't go to the store to buy presents." Well, I had bought a couple gifts back in Dec and saved them. Ha. However, the kindness of others made me tear up today. His teacher made a big deal on their daily zoom class meet, our neighbors dropped off super special gifts for him today and wrote messages to him on our sidewalk, and another friend dropped off a new huge container of chalk. The 70 degree day in NJ was gorgeous as well. So... my little guy ended up with a great birthday and didn't feel like he missed anything.

I'm also grateful daily for teachers who have worked so incredibly hard to transition to distance learning. So thankful! I have so much more, but I'll save those for later.
Princess Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:13 PM   #22
Shannon0515
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2JRA View Post
I lurk a LOT and almost never post but this is such a great idea I actually logged in.
This is me too. Great idea! I've been trying to do this every day .......some days bigger/better than others......

Monday: I made it to work on time....challenging at times especially on a Monday (and when the kids are home).

Tuesday: I'm a physical therapist in a nursing home. Today a patient of mine who recently had a stroke was able to walk (for the first time) with assistance in the parallel bars.

Wednesday: I was able to find 10 gallons of water at WalMart. Usually by the time I get off work, the stores are stripped.

Thursday: I'm a single mom of 7 kids (6 still live at home). While I was at work, they all chipped in to clean the house. When I opened the front door, they were all standing around proudly showcasing their work. AND they did a pretty good job.

Friday: My youngest son is 6 years old, autistic and primarily nonverbal. When I got home today, I gave him the "I love you" sign, and he verbally said "I love you" as he made the sign back.

In all the doom, it is nice to take just a minute and appreciate all the little things that are good in your life. Again, really great idea.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:23 PM   #23
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon0515 View Post
This is me too. Great idea! I've been trying to do this every day .......some days bigger/better than others......

Monday: I made it to work on time....challenging at times especially on a Monday (and when the kids are home).

Tuesday: I'm a physical therapist in a nursing home. Today a patient of mine who recently had a stroke was able to walk (for the first time) with assistance in the parallel bars.

Wednesday: I was able to find 10 gallons of water at WalMart. Usually by the time I get off work, the stores are stripped.

Thursday: I'm a single mom of 7 kids (6 still live at home). While I was at work, they all chipped in to clean the house. When I opened the front door, they were all standing around proudly showcasing their work. AND they did a pretty good job.

Friday: My youngest son is 6 years old, autistic and primarily nonverbal. When I got home today, I gave him the "I love you" sign, and he verbally said "I love you" as he made the sign back.

In all the doom, it is nice to take just a minute and appreciate all the little things that are good in your life. Again, really great idea.
Thank you for your post. You've put it all into perspective. I will try very hard not to whine. worry or be cranky during this Lockdown/Shelter in Place as I have it FAR better than you do and you are looking on the bright side. I'm usually a positive person and I need to revert back to that. I have a tremendously lot to be thankful for...same husband for 55 years, wonderful grown children and good health thus far.

Wishing you peace and good health in this Corona journey.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:42 PM   #24
Deb & Bill
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon0515 View Post

I was going to say, "it's a silly game and I don't want to play". But after reading that, that made me smile.

I love Pollyanna. It was the first movie I watched on Disney+
Old 03-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #25
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

I really really like “backscratchers” from Tambo Lounge at The Polynesion.

My precious bride had perfected the recipe at home.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:03 PM   #26
Rozzie
Add-on Aficionado

Relieved to see DH will get paid through April 18. Thank you Disney!

Today I had all the PPE I needed at work to do my job effectively and safely.

Today I managed to get a few miles in, even if it was at 0430!
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:08 PM   #27
administrator
Please don't make me want to smack you upside the head.

I am really thankful that during the two weeks that Eric has WFH, we haven’t fought even once. It must be true lurve!
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #28
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Great thread, which popped up just as I was getting ready to give in to depression (the mood, not the disease)...THANK YOU...

I could go on for pages about all the good things around me--a house w/a big(ish) yard so even if shelter-in-place gets even tighter I can still go outside to enjoy the spring that is springing all around me; still getting paid (and I routinely work from home (or from Disney), so it's not all that big an adjustment for me); two wonderful dogs who love having Mom home; a "walking habit" that makes my daily 4-5 mile walks sanity savers as well as good exercise (and neighbors who, like me, cheerfully do the "coronavirus dance" as we cross the street to pass each other by, w/a smile and cheery word)...happy healthy (grown) kids who are also still working (getting paid is such a wondrous thing), albeit from home; no loved ones (family or friends) who are sick...I could go on and on....

But to conform to the spirit of the thread: got an email this morning from a dear, dear younger friend (I call her my "almost daughter") who offered to go grocery shopping for me (I'm in the at-risk group by age, altho thankfully not due to health issues)...so dear of her...and, I was deeply involved in the "rescue" legislation that was signed into law this afternoon...it's a GOOD bill and one that came together w/bipartisanship and compromise--it will help, and help a lot...of course it's not perfect and of course it has things (or lacks things) that I'd prefer...but it's GOOD and it restores my faith in democracy...I'm very proud of our gov't after the two new laws passed in the last three weeks...

Thanks for this thread...may it grow long and fast...
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:24 PM   #29
meeskamooska
Two Bedroom

I am supposed to be in my fast pass window for space mountain right now so this is a perfectly time thread.

I’m glad that the weather in NJ was beautiful today so I could spend the afternoon taking my kids for a walk and bike ride. I’m also glad that even though I was deemed essential, I have been able to work from home two out of every three weeks until the Covid crisis is averted and I’m getting to spend lots of time with my family.
meeskamooska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #30
oufpat
Two Bedroom

Even though I can't physically hug my grandchildren, I'm happy that they live close enough that we can walk by each others house every day and give "virtual hugs" from 6 feet away!
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote