home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #11
helenabear
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi3323 View Post
.. perhaps OP is trying to get a Standard or Value room
I know F&WF is huge now and was surprised with how quickly all are booking up. As of right now only SSR has full availability for that week. Even OKW is booked for some room types already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
I own points at AKV.

For Oct 20, the first night is not available in all categories for the studio or the 2 bedroom villas.
Lock off, Dedicated, Standard, Savannah, Value.
1 bedroom is wide open and usually book last in all DVC resorts.

It's 11 am est of the 7 month booking window.
I would definitely book what you can and waitlist.
This morning was more open at least. There were a few different 2 bedroom configurations available. Like you said though 1 bedrooms are more available for all resorts.

Must be a really busy time of year because even OKW only has 3 types left for that week (1 bedroom both HH and not and then 2 bedroom villa).

I know I hear more fall breaks occurring at that time for schools. So with new things opening this summer, F&WF, fall breaks and Halloween decorations at MK it must be growing in popularity.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #12
disney65
Grand Villa

More chances of getting one night confirmed then entire stay. So will book rest of available nights and put a waitlist for missing night.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #13
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I just went to check the dates for 2017 F&W and when I got to the site there was an area that has a link to a downloadable map. When I clicked on it, I got the Holidays Around the World map, I think it said. Tried it a couple of times and got the same thing. You would think they would take the link off if the new map isn't ready.

I was happy to see that we will be there for F&W this year, it has been a while since we have attended.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #14
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Just curious, what room type were you trying to book? F&WF is popular yes, but some rooms at AKV go faster than others especially during busy DVC times of the year. We aren't as picky and saw quite a lot still available for October and November that weren't standard views or studios there. Also did you try to call at 9am or just do it yourself at 8am? Things can go fast in the early morning hours.
We were booking (and got) a 2 BR savannah view. I was on the phone at 8:00 this morning and got one of the last bookings. Shortly thereafter I went on my laptop and no availability (within an hour). Considering how many people mention remoteness of AKV, I didn't expect it to be full on the first morning of the 7 month window-and within the first hour. But I'm so glad I got a villa-our grandchildren will love it!
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #15
helenabear
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
We were booking (and got) a 2 BR savannah view. I was on the phone at 8:00 this morning and got one of the last bookings. Shortly thereafter I went on my laptop and no availability (within an hour). Considering how many people mention remoteness of AKV, I didn't expect it to be full on the first morning of the 7 month window-and within the first hour. But I'm so glad I got a villa-our grandchildren will love it!
Ah yes, by waiting until 8am your time you will lose out that one hour online booking.

I noticed a lot of resorts are booked up already with only SSR giving full options. Busy time of year for sure Enjoy your stay. We love AKV - Kidani!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #16
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Glad you got what you were hoping for. I have been lucky enough to get value 1-bedrooms for a couple of nights for our last two trips at the 7-month window and we really enjoyed it. We only took the bus once from AKL to the MK and I didn't think it was that bad at all. If that tub wasn't just so hard to get in and out of with my short legs.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 03-20-2017 at 03:03 PM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #17
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Did you book Kidani or Jambo?

We loved our 2 bedroom Standard View at Kidani. My Fitbit loved it more! We were in 7659 which is standard view but has the Savannah view back by the pen. Our little 1s loved it.

That's the thing, you have to wait for MS phones to open to change a reservation. No online modifications.
7 month window is getting fierce when you are expected to book within 3 hrs of opening.

That's where having extra points is an advantage.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:04 PM   #18
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Demand for AKV must be up if David's has added AKV to the list of resorts for which they will pay a premium to owners who offer their points for rent between 7 & 11 months.
I think that for awhile the AKV points have been an issue. There are people who wanted it at the 11 month window but the brokers wouldn't have the points - my guess is that since there wasn't a premium then owners were less likely to give the points to them. They might as well try and rent themselves and then if it didn't happen they could send them over and it was no difference in money to the owner.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:07 PM   #19
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I think that for awhile the AKV points have been an issue. There are people who wanted it at the 11 month window but the brokers wouldn't have the points - my guess is that since there wasn't a premium then owners were less likely to give the points to them. They might as well try and rent themselves and then if it didn't happen they could send them over and it was no difference in money to the owner.
astute....

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Skip, Rose, Joey, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote