home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #111
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebunny72 View Post
Flying as a companion does not count as "earning activity".

Looks like transferring points between accounts includes a charge per point.
Assuming they still have the partnerships you can add her SWA account to a car rental booking to earn points. It adds a few dollars to the rental but is activity. You just need something. She could also shop thru their Rewards portal.
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #112
bluebunny72
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkg711 View Post
a1000monkeys is correct about using your wifes points to book your flight. Login to your wifes SW account and book the flight for yourself using her points. You can then login to your SW account and you will see the flight you booked with your wifes points. From there you can add her to the flight as your companion.
I will give it a shot when SW opens up their fall schedule on 2/15.

Thanks everyone!
bluebunny72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #113
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I see that ShopDisney is currently under a earn 2 SWA points for every $1 spent.
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM   #114
cornbread4
Studio

On the current SW deals,it notes that the annual fee ($99 for the 60k premier & $69 for the 50k plus) will be applied to your first billing statement.

Typically with these types of offers, I recall the annual fee is waived the first year. I think this was the case with last year's Southwest deals, but can't remember if I'm confusing it with other programs (United, Marriott, etc...)

Is the first year fee new, or was this already in place last year? Does anyone who did the deals last year recall?

Regardless, it's still a good deal for the points and the companion pass for up to 2 years.

Last edited by cornbread4; Yesterday at 09:16 PM. Reason: corrected mistake
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote