home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2019, 04:41 PM   #31
EeyoreLover
Studio

I agree with Tom that Kidani is better in every regard -- except for the Grand Villas! We did not care for the Club Level. Sanaa is our favorite restaurant in all of WDW and we love having the extra bathroom in the 1-bedroom villa.

We also want a guaranteed savannah view room. AKK is our home resort (we have 5 contracts) and we purchased there to be able to see the animals.
EeyoreLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #32
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I won't book due to the risk of not having a Savannah view.

This is the ONLY resort I pay for a view and... I want to see animals from my balcony.

(SO I just buy my own food and drinks )

Since we have a car, I will just lay in some food and alcohol and book Kidani. I will sip my own wine while watching giraffes.

Maybe being adventurous is a bad idea.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #33
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I won't book due to the risk of not having a Savannah view.

This is the ONLY resort I pay for a view and... I want to see animals from my balcony.

(SO I just buy my own food and drinks )

The views from the Club Level rooms are bad to worse. Which is the reason DVC for those rooms to begin with. Cash paying customers complained horribly, yet DVC members cant get enough time in the rooms. All views are partially block. Th SV views are so high up, and the trees block everything. The "pool" views are mostly of roof and tops of things.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #34
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreLover View Post

We also want a guaranteed savannah view room. AKK is our home resort (we have 5 contracts) and we purchased there to be able to see the animals.
We only have three contracts there, but all were purchased with the animals in mind.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #35
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We only have three contracts there, but all were purchased with the animals in mind.

Sadly, I only have one. I keep meaning to buy more, I just never get around to it. Plus, with us booking 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units savanna view, more often then not I can get at 7 months out.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #36
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

Since we have a car, I will just lay in some food and alcohol and book Kidani. I will sip my own wine while watching giraffes.

Maybe being adventurous is a bad idea.
I would definitely recommend this before I spend the points on a CL 1 bedroom or larger. I only choose Jambo for studios or Value category villas. Blt and AKV Kidani have the 2 baths in the 1 bedroom and those are my preference when I have guests.
I can lay out my own cheese and crackers and the gift shop sells the same beer and wine that is served on CL.

I’m not giving up a better floor plan and extra bath at Kidani when the points are the same.
I think Kidani has matured beautifully and feels very relaxed.

And I enjoy AKV CL, we booked 12 nights when Jambo 1 st opened and was given the HA 1 bedroom. 1st time I ever cried at Disney. Never again. CL Studio or no CL at all for me.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote