home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2019, 02:53 PM   #21
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
There are no HA studios on the concierge level.
Wish I knew this for my recent trip. I was worried about getting stuck worrying about not having a tub for my son but knowing this I might try it again for a more laid back future trip. I just have to try to actually be in the room from 5-7 which never happens
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #22
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

1-bedrooms are much easier to book
Old 04-29-2019, 03:20 PM   #23
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
1-bedrooms are much easier to book
That is probably because 2 of the 5 are HA, if I am correctly reading a PP. This means that two of the lock off two bedrooms are also HA, because they are the same rooms.

I checked the RAT and found that there was some concierge availability for 2-3 nights at various times, but only in the 1 bedroom.

Why on earth has Disney set this up this way. I support the requirement for HA rooms. It seems in this instance that the percentage of HA rooms is greater than the percentage of handicapped people wanting them.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #24
Crafty
Grand Villa

In a thread drift question, how many of the value rooms are HA?
Old 04-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #25
Micah008
Grand Villa

According to the Touring Plans Room Finder tool the HA 1BRs are room numbers 6202 and 6205, both facing the Savanna.

They also list the Studio 6206 as being a HA room, but I am not sure if that is accurate. (They are typically pretty good, but I have found (and reported) issues to them in the past)

I have only stayed in 6401 (twice) for Club level, so I can't confirm or deny personally.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 DRR/AKV
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:45 PM   #26
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
In a thread drift question, how many of the value rooms are HA?
According to the Touring Plans Room Finder there is only 1 Value Lock Off that is HA, and it is on the Pool view side. 1BR - #5010, Studio - #5012.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 DRR/AKV
Old 04-29-2019, 04:21 PM   #27
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
According to the Touring Plans Room Finder there is only 1 Value Lock Off that is HA, and it is on the Pool view side. 1BR - #5010, Studio - #5012.
Thank you so much for the info. We have owned at AKV for quite a while and feel very ignorant. We have stayed at Kidani and want to try Jambo to compare them. It is beginning to seem like Kidani is the better bet.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #28
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Thank you so much for the info. We have owned at AKV for quite a while and feel very ignorant. We have stayed at Kidani and want to try Jambo to compare them. It is beginning to seem like Kidani is the better bet.

We prefer Kidani is almost every way over Jambo House. There are two Glaring exceptions....Club Level and the Grand Villas.

If you are heavy into dining at the restaurants, including Mara.....then Jambo House will be the better choose for those people. We prefer Sanaa over Boma and Jiko anyway, and if we do eat at one of those two.....its a quick walk or shuttle ride over.

We are staying at Kidani in two weeks!
Old 04-29-2019, 04:35 PM   #29
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
We have owned there since 2013, but have only done Jambo and never Kidani (we have been to Kidani many times, just never stayed there). But we are going to change that next January and actually stay at Kidani.

MousePerks

Old 04-29-2019, 04:36 PM   #30
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I won't book due to the risk of not having a Savannah view.

This is the ONLY resort I pay for a view and... I want to see animals from my balcony.

(SO I just buy my own food and drinks )
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote