home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 08:09 PM   #11
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

I gave3 nights in a studio to a woman and her son who couldnít afford to stay on property.
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:35 PM   #12
Angel1123
One Bedroom

We have done our own version of a make a wish trip for the past 4 years. We take the family, buy their park and plane tickets, meals and book them a 1BR at a DVC resort for a week. I was able to get an RCI exchange one year so I rented my points and booked the Hoop Dee Doo Revue for all 6 of us. We took a family whose mom was about to deploy to Afghanistan the first year, a family who lost the dad the second year, a family who has never gone on vacation because they have a son who is blind, nonambulatory and tube feed dependent, and last year a family whose father beat cancer but was left destitute. Itís very rewarding. We didnít do it this year due to our move but plan on gifting a trip again next year. Of course lots of friends and family reservations as well...
Angel1123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:36 PM   #13
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

for at least the last three years all of my rental profits have been donated to animal/environmental/basic needs/worldwide charities that provide farm animals to families/disaster relief.

i also have transferred four 5-day hoppers to an acquaintance on this board over the last four years or so.

for this christmas season, here's what dvc rental money allowed me to give through heifer...five flocks of chicks, two heifers, and two goats.

Order Details
Name
Qty
Price
Total
Gift of a Flock of Chicks
Full
$20.00
$100.00
Gift of a Heifer
Full
$500.00
$1,000.00
Gift of a Goat
Full
$120.00
$240.00

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 12-04-2018 at 08:50 PM.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:41 PM   #14
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Have treated family, friends, kids' friends and a co-worker once (she ended up buying DVC).

Just like Tom posted....., just today booked a bunch of studios for my siblings to come down for my daughter's wedding next year.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #15
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Well, SIL has gotten a room for 2 Xmas trips...once we gave her the room FOC and the second time we just charged like $6pp. We take my mom all the time. And one year we booked room at BCV for twin DDs and a friend right after HS graduation. I booked them good ADRs and paid for that too. We took friends to HH over one New Year's and stayed in a grand villa. MIL and FIL pay annual dues for 100 of our points (at OKW...out of our 200 there and 650 in total) so that they can use 100 per year. We were booking them 1BR villas and using more like 130 on average. But they haven't been in a while so I think we now owe them about 175 points.

Nothing too inspiring. Just friends and family deals basically.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Aug 27-31 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / June 7-11, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #16
Spartan86
Studio

Iíll throw out that we have been the recipients of a family member and then a friendís generosity for our original DVC stays at rental rates that I now know barely covered MFís. 3 contracts later we havenít had the opportunity to pay it forward outside of hosting our kids, but I know we will.
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #17
ocean702
Two Bedroom

We have taken my parents multiple times and my in laws this past November. We also gifted my parents two nights in a studio. (They can afford to go but since they were coming with us and dealing with our kids we figured we’d treat to the room and character breakfasts).

We don’t have many points to work with and I would love love to be able to afford to send a family who is trying to overcome difficult circumstances but we just don’t have that level of disposable income. However I love Christmas toy shopping for toys for tots and always make sure there’s a Few Mickey and Minnie toys in the lot!

I like hearing these stories about how fellow MO are helping others who otherwise wouldn’t be able to go! Sharing pixie dust!
ocean702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:52 PM   #18
richviii
Two Bedroom

We have gift family members to join us. I hope to gift a family friend a trip (DVC Villa) for them and their kids but I am concerned the tickets/meals may still be beyond their means. They are humble so sometimes these things are hard to accept as well. I love reading these stories.

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #19
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Nothing too special, though I’ve gifted reservations to friends a few times.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:49 AM   #20
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

Wish there was a like button. So many generous DVC members.
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote