home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2019, 03:24 PM   #31
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Nope. Just more waste. Our original bands (maybe 6 years old now) still work and I got one set of the new ones because they are considerably more comfortable. Don't need more. It's just a room key/FP holder/charge card.

Cheers.
AGREED. I refuse to pay for my room key/FP holder/charge card. Even at a "discounted" rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Very smart of them. They'll get that upcharge fairly frequently I'd guess.
It is. And they will indeed.

Almost a pure money maker for Disney just for the bands themselves-to say nothing of the increased revenue per guest per day by making it so easy to spend $$$ by tapping your MB.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #32
BBMouse
Studio

They got me. We're in for ones for our mid-June trip, but probably won't do it a second time.

Anyone have thoughts on doing these custom ones for AP bands v. Room ressie bands, or doesn't it matter? We have been declining both for a while as we have sooo many (kids actually made very long jump rope out of old ones).
BBMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 PM   #33
richviii
Two Bedroom

June trip - just got me for $20 for two bands. Trying to avoid temptation on the second set of bands for the split stay....

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #34
Dana
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
June trip - just got me for $20 for two bands. Trying to avoid temptation on the second set of bands for the split stay....
With how dh likes to buy the full price ones, I'd rather get the discounted ones. But will we collect them all with our split stays....
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #35
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I won't pay for my key to enter my room but I was trying to check it out to see what it was like. Donald Duck was all I could get to even with multiple tries.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #36
BuffaloJim
One Bedroom

All my daughter cares about is the Millennial Pink version, and as others have pointed out, itís still not available for upgrade.
BuffaloJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #37
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I decided to see if I could get a look at this using Edge because Chrome continued to tell me the page had been removed. It opened in Edge. And for free bands I was given the choice of gray or green. That's a nice upgrade. Or not. Many choices to pay for though.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #38
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMouse View Post
Anyone have thoughts on doing these custom ones for AP bands v. Room ressie bands, or doesn't it matter?
Doesnít matter. All active MBs that are linked to an MDE profile can be used interchangeably.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:04 PM   #39
Disneynut4sure
One Bedroom

Hi guys..anyone getting a retry error when trying to purchase the 10.00 ones?

Disneynut4sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #40
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut4sure View Post
Hi guys..anyone getting a retry error when trying to purchase the 10.00 ones?
Yes, while I was on my regular computer so I tried it on my IPhone and lots of choices are missing, including all the ones I wanted. Assuming they are selling out.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote