home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #31
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
I think the bottom line is the Supervisor didn't really have a good explanation to offer up to me as to why I wasn't able to change the booking category, so she was trying to give me a reason besides "I just can't" So, she gave me an explanation that for whatever reason made sense to her.

As I said earlier, I'm not really "angry" per say about the whole thing. I have the points, the room is booked and the 56 point difference I'll just live with.

Although I own at VGC I didn't book this until the 7 month window opened because it wasn't until the 7 month window that I thought about booking this trip for Spring Break. Since we had decide to by Disneyland APs it made sense. But, with the resort being so small owners who had planned had already taken several of the studio nights I needed and the dedicated two bdrm had sold out nights too. So, I went the route of booking the 1 bdrm + studio.
I think that's a good guess. It's unlikely MS is given detailed explanations of why's and why nots for everything - just what they can and can't do.

But then I remember when an MS CM stated most emphatically that the GV pool tables were in the Kidani building. Jambo most certainly did not have them. haha And also instructing a DVC guide on DVC. I don't believe they know everything.

Last edited by Goofygrl; 01-11-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #32
minthorne
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luaulei321 View Post
What’s fishy is the supervisor telling OP that not all lockoffs can be booked as lockoffs and that some are held back for the purpose of being available to book only as studio + one bedroom.

This is what I meant - not trying to piece together a studio and a 1 bedroom.
minthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:29 AM   #33
fuzzylogic
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Disney also told me there were a set number of points at each resort. I'll bet all my contracts that a guide has NEVER given up the information about lock off premiums during a presentation. Why have lock off rooms at all? Everything gets booked anyway. This is there way of manipulating the points for millions of our dollars in there pockets.
Sure, not disagreeing with you there. But I've bought houses where people didn't disclose, been told things about cars that aren't true, and so on. Omitting details to get the sale is just the way it is. Of course Disney worked the contracts so they could flex them to their advantage.

This story does make me appreciate BLT with its many dedicated 2Bs. We always get 2Bs so to us, the lockoff premium is a benefit. But in California they're all Lock Offs. Knowing this, and that Studios will always go fast, I can't see ever wanting to own in Cali because it will always be this situation of having a hard time getting 2Bs. Wouldn't surprise me if they set the points based on the 2B but expect them to go as S/1Bs thus making a nice profit on that system.
fuzzylogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:31 AM   #34
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
Sure, not disagreeing with you there. But I've bought houses where people didn't disclose, been told things about cars that aren't true, and so on. Omitting details to get the sale is just the way it is. Of course Disney worked the contracts so they could flex them to their advantage.

This story does make me appreciate BLT. We always get 2Bs so to us, the lockoff premium is a benefit. But in California they're all Lock Offs. Knowing this, and that Studios will always go fast, I can't see ever wanting to own in Cali because it will always be this situation of having a hard time getting 2Bs. Wouldn't surprise me if they set the points based on the 2B but expect them to go as S/1Bs thus making a nice profit on that system.
VGC has 23 lockoffs, 23 dedicated 2 bedrooms, and 2 grand villas.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:19 AM   #35
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by luaulei321 View Post
VGC has 23 lockoffs, 23 dedicated 2 bedrooms, and 2 grand villas.
Yep!