home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 09:13 AM   #111
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Happy Monday!!

Good luck today Brian!!!
Old 11-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #112
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
Other than having everyone here it will be low-key at our place as well. Can't go anywhere so I bought a firepit on Wayfair last week so the guys can spend time in the evenings building a fire at least. DS went to a place near them that will put together a box with a selection of beers - he is bringing that along so he and DS2 can sample them. I figure we can spend one day putting up Christmas decorations. And I bought the Mandalorian t-shirts that say "I am the Favorite Child" for both of them.
Sounds like a great weekend!
Old 11-23-2020, 01:43 PM   #113
beansprout
Grand Villa

Patty, if I could serve turkey outside I would. I just donít think my potatoes and gravy will stay hot 😆 Guess I donít have pilgrim blood in me. Good idea for the fire pit.
One of our Thanksgiving traditions is to decorate a gingerbread house after the meal. I was canning that idea this year until I walked into Joannís Fabrics last week and spotted a village kit. It makes four small gingerbread houses. We have four grandkids so they can social distance while they decorate their own house. I just need to fill enough frosting tubes and bowls of decorations so they donít need to share.
Thinking of you Brian! Almost time!!
Old 11-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #114
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggatorgirl View Post
OK, OK. I believe you. Too bad I don't subscribe to the Orlando Sentinel.

Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post

Thanks, Karl! Good question on the quarterback. Hey, we could use a new one too...

I feel challenged, haha... Headed that way shortly actually, but I have Epcot reservations today.
Ha ha Brian on the challenge ... I hear ya on QB’s but I still think you guys have a good one in Darnel.
.... Thxs Brian, ya it was a very good game yesterday, too bad someone had to lose, but glad we won

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
That was really nice of you to take the time to put that together Nancy. I'm sure he would have been proud!

Good luck tomorrow Brian! Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Nice that DS is coming up Patty! It'll be a very low key holiday here.

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 11-24-2020 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:11 PM   #115
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Happy Birthday Pam !!

Yes I used Indiana red

WDW
Old 11-23-2020, 11:06 PM   #116
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Good luck tomorrow Brian. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

Monday, Monday - but its a short week! Taking off Wednesday to get some cooking done for Thursday. Son and DIL will be driving up from NC on Wednesday and staying til Monday morning. Sooo looking forward to it - haven't seen them since February With the PA guidelines they went for a COVID test today even though they both work from home and aren't out with other people.

Thanks, Patty. Not so smooth but hopefully over now.

Thanksgiving plans with the family sound great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Yay for you Patty. Itís been a long time to not see your kids! Enjoy!

Good luck Brian. Let us know how things turn out.

I canít believe that my Dad would have been 100 years old today. Thatís wild! I put together a slideshow of his life to send to my family. It took me half the morning to find the photos, take pictures of them, edit them, put them in order...the one thing I could not fix was once I did put them in order, I couldnít get my phoneís photo app to keep them in order. So I just went with it. Also, I learned to change the Live Photos by editing each one to off. That made a big difference. My Dad is the reason we bought DVC, he loved WDW.

Thanks, Nancy. What a wonderful tribute to your father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
That was really nice of you to take the time to put that together Nancy. I'm sure he would have been proud!

Good luck tomorrow Brian! Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Nice that DS is coming up Patty! It'll be a very low key holiday here.

Thanks, Dave. Not quite as smooth as desired but successful in the end.

Quote:
Other than having everyone here it will be low-key at our place as well. Can't go anywhere so I bought a firepit on Wayfair last week so the guys can spend time in the evenings building a fire at least. DS went to a place near them that will put together a box with a selection of beers - he is bringing that along so he and DS2 can sample them. I figure we can spend one day putting up Christmas decorations. And I bought the Mandalorian t-shirts that say "I am the Favorite Child" for both of them.

Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Happy Monday!!

Good luck today Brian!!!

Thanks, Dan.

Quote:
Patty, if I could serve turkey outside I would. I just donít think my potatoes and gravy will stay hot 😆 Guess I donít have pilgrim blood in me. Good idea for the fire pit.
One of our Thanksgiving traditions is to decorate a gingerbread house after the meal. I was canning that idea this year until I walked into Joannís Fabrics last week and spotted a village kit. It makes four small gingerbread houses. We have four grandkids so they can social distance while they decorate their own house. I just need to fill enough frosting tubes and bowls of decorations so they donít need to share.
Thinking of you Brian! Almost time!!

Glad the tradition will continue!

Ha, unfortunately wasnít even close to time, but greatly appreciate the sentiment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Sue

Ha ha Brian on the challenge ... I hear ya on QBís but I still think you guys have a good one in Darnel.
.... Thxs Brian, ya it was a very good game yesterday, too bad someone had to lose, but glad we won

Thanks, Karl. I lack your faith in Darnold, have since he was in college and merely a prospect. He has yet to quell my concerns.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:13 PM   #117
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Happy Birthday, Pam! Hope you were able to enjoy at least somewhat.

Well ten hours later than initially scheduled I was finally able to sign the closing papers with the notary lady. Signed at Longhorn Steakhouse by my hotel since she lives in the area and didnít have the final paperwork until this evening. Treated her to dinner, pleasant company (nope, sheís not single, haha).

Now on to furniture shopping...
Old 11-24-2020, 08:06 AM   #118
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Happy Birthday, Pam! Hope you were able to enjoy at least somewhat.

Well ten hours later than initially scheduled I was finally able to sign the closing papers with the notary lady. Signed at Longhorn Steakhouse by my hotel since she lives in the area and didnít have the final paperwork until this evening. Treated her to dinner, pleasant company (nope, sheís not single, haha).

Now on to furniture shopping...
Excellent!
Furniture is overrated. Beanbags are what you need.

(I think you only get the beanbag)
Old 11-24-2020, 09:26 PM   #119
beansprout
Grand Villa

Right about now Brian is saying ď Beanbag? What beanbag? ď
Old 11-24-2020, 10:10 PM   #120
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Right about now Brian is saying ď Beanbag? What beanbag? ď
Ha ha Nancy I was thinking the same thing