home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 02-14-2020, 10:54 AM   #11
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
They only rarely do offer this and if they do expect pennies from them vs private resale. Walk away! Last person I had seen an offer given to (last year) it was around $50ish per point. They want be fair at all and they very well can rescind any offer like this.
I expect this from bankruptcy perhaps. Worth getting details out of curiosity but not fair to waste the guides time since I suspect he is semi-retired.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:00 AM   #12
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 11,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I expect this from bankruptcy perhaps. Worth getting details out of curiosity but not fair to waste the guides time since I suspect he is semi-retired.
These were not bankruptcies. They were just people wanting to get out. 99% of the time this is not offered. Don't be shocked if your guide declines. If it is not, expect extremely low ball offers. Like I said $50s was offered per point last year. Disney does not want to make your life good with this deal, only theirs. Find out sure, but do not expect even $75. Disney does not want this offer attractive for anyone. I personally would sell on my own and buy with profits of sale.
__________________
helenabear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:31 AM   #13
Crafty
Grand Villa
 
Crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
These were not bankruptcies. They were just people wanting to get out. 99% of the time this is not offered. Don't be shocked if your guide declines. If it is not, expect extremely low ball offers. Like I said $50s was offered per point last year. Disney does not want to make your life good with this deal, only theirs. Find out sure, but do not expect even $75. Disney does not want this offer attractive for anyone. I personally would sell on my own and buy with profits of sale.
Sigh....it did sound too easy.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:54 AM   #14
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,130
Default

Okay just for you all I will pretend to want to buy a fixed week cause I really do not want or need that... and bother my guide... after the holiday... on Tuesday to get the details. Considering I purchased with castmember discount originally ... I canít complain no matter what. Just everybody keep me in your thoughts to give me strength to remain focused and not be tricked or hypnotized by his voice. They probably learned how to telepathically send message to my brain and heart : you will buy you will buy.
So I am counting on all of you next Tuesday...
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:50 PM   #15
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 11,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
Sigh....it did sound too easy.
Yeah I think their methods are probably wise. ROFR is likely bad enough to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Okay just for you all I will pretend to want to buy a fixed week cause I really do not want or need that... and bother my guide... after the holiday... on Tuesday to get the details. Considering I purchased with castmember discount originally ... I canít complain no matter what. Just everybody keep me in your thoughts to give me strength to remain focused and not be tricked or hypnotized by his voice. They probably learned how to telepathically send message to my brain and heart : you will buy you will buy.
So I am counting on all of you next Tuesday...
I hope you get exactly what you want truthfully. I'd love to buy with a CM discount. If we had that I'd have bought CCV lol. Still tempting to have at times....
__________________
helenabear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #16
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,130
Default

I am bumping this,because I keep reading various posters that have stayed or visited RR recently. Nobody mentions the daily activity guide or even the amenities.
So if you plan to do a self-tour , hopefully, you will meet an attentive castperson that will
OFFER the daily guide to you and you will be aware of everything that makes this resort Deluxe.
Your other option is to check out everything In my first post.
I wandered at dusk for the beauty and next want to arrive early morn soon. How early is sunrise???

Last edited by MMC1; 02-15-2020 at 01:47 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:51 PM   #17
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I am bumping this,because I keep reading various posters that have stayed or visited RR recently. Nobody mentions the daily activity guide or even the amenities.
So if you plan to do a self-tour , hopefully, you will meet an attentive castperson that will
OFFER the daily guide to you and you will be aware of everything that makes this resort Deluxe.
Your other option is to check out everything In my first post.
I wandered at dusk for the beauty and next want to arrive early morn soon. How early is sunrise???
This is another way to always know whatís on at every WDW Resort. One of the best hidden sources of info, they publish the activity guides every month:


https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/r...calendars.html

And yes, Riviera is on there!
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #18
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,130
Default

Thank you kind attentive MouseOwner.
The best kept secret is all the activities for Halloween evening at resorts. ( You don’t need to pay $$$ for a party and trick or treat bag or free candy.) Much shorter lines.
Also Easter Egg Candy on Sunday morn.
DVC=FUN

Last edited by MMC1; 02-15-2020 at 02:49 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software