home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 02:00 AM   #101
gsthome74
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
As you might expect, DFB today has a video on their experience yesterday at the DS opening.
Watching the video and seeing food delivered to the table by people wearing gloves concerns me. How often are the gloves changed? Did they remove plates from a table wearing the same gloves? Gloves are not a substitute for hand washing.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:34 AM   #102
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsthome74 View Post
Watching the video and seeing food delivered to the table by people wearing gloves concerns me. How often are the gloves changed? Did they remove plates from a table wearing the same gloves? Gloves are not a substitute for hand washing.
They should be changing gloves and washing their hands after every interaction. Who knows what they are actually doing...

Did that AJ girl say that she would be at the Disney mall every day??? Iím guessing that this is her only ďjob?Ē
Old 05-23-2020, 03:02 AM   #103
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsthome74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
They should be changing gloves and washing their hands after every interaction. Who knows what they are actually doing...

Did that AJ girl say that she would be at the Disney mall every day??? Iím guessing that this is her only ďjob?Ē
The good news is that the CDC this week that contact transmission is unlikely - so you still might be ok here.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:17 AM   #104
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
The good news is that the CDC this week that contact transmission is unlikely - so you still might be ok here.
So, 1. Not worried about safety there. However, Iím a nurse. And the idea of not washing hands between every glove change is unacceptable. Period.
2. Iím one of the 3 people who does not go to Disney to shop. So the idea of going to the Disney mall every day is totally unappealing. I might go once every second or third trip, if I have a specific location in mind. But not just for giggles.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:47 AM   #105
gsthome74
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
While contact transmission is unlikely, Iím concerned about contact with plates that were on another table and then touching plates my food is on and then eating said food. Iíd really be questioning any restaurants about their glove protocol.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:56 AM   #106
Joeli
Two Bedroom

I have seen people wearing gloves and using sanitizer in between serving guests but using same gloves...this was at a pick up your food restaurant in southeast Florida...

Upcoming:
2021 (Mar - BWV, Jul - DCL Fantasy)
2020 (Oct - BWV, Nov - PVB, Dec/Jan - PVB/BWV)

Done:
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO)
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV, RCCL - Allure of the Seas
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:11 AM   #107
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post

Did that AJ girl say that she would be at the Disney mall every day??? I’m guessing that this is her only “job?”
Making 3 videos a week and maintaining the DFB website (a compendium of WDW news largely but not entirely about food) is AFAIK her only job, and I'm sure it keeps her quite busy. She does have help.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #108
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Making 3 videos a week and maintaining the DFB website (a compendium of WDW news largely but not entirely about food) is AFAIK her only job, and I'm sure it keeps her quite busy. She does have help.
I thought it must be. She kept mentioning ďall of the restaurants we visitedĒ or something like that. It just struck me that she wasnít a casual visitor. More like she was trying to hit as many places as possible in one day.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #109
jtdancy
Studio

AJ runs the Disney Food Blog, and from hearing her interviewed on several podcasts, I gather it is her full time job. Similar to WDWNT, she is the owner and employs locals to visit restaurants, as there are far too many for one person to keep up with.

Additionally, I work in the operating room so I like to think I have a fairly good grasp on sterile and aseptic technique The amount of people (even medical professionals who do not work in surgery) who equate wearing gloves to being safe from germ transmission is ridiculous. If anything, wearing gloves gives people a false sense of security and they are more careless than they would be without them. Wash your hands, people!
jtdancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:22 AM   #110
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdancy View Post
~ The amount of people (even medical professionals who do not work in surgery) who equate wearing gloves to being safe from germ transmission is ridiculous. If anything, wearing gloves gives people a false sense of security and they are more careless than they would be without them. Wash your hands, people!