home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #71
ssdownthehatch
Grand Villa

Seems odd Disney won't open while the rest of the state has.

"Attraction facilities in South Carolina, including zoos, museums, water parks and amusement parks, will be allowed to open Friday ahead of Memorial Day weekend, Gov. Henry McMaster (R) announced Wednesday. "
Old 05-22-2020, 06:51 PM   #72
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdownthehatch View Post
Seems odd Disney won't open while the rest of the state has.

"Attraction facilities in South Carolina, including zoos, museums, water parks and amusement parks, will be allowed to open Friday ahead of Memorial Day weekend, Gov. Henry McMaster (R) announced Wednesday. "
Old 05-22-2020, 07:31 PM   #73
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
So more info...they were told by rental broker that DVC informed owners it was cancelling. But in same thread there are several of us who have sooner resies at VB and HHI that have not been cancelled. Renter admitted to wanting to cancel themselves and having been in constant contact with broker to see if cancelled so now I wonder if owner has Oct UY and just wants to bank by deadline. Whatever the reason, we shouldn't quite worry yet. But, yep, it is so darned irritating that we don't know anything.
Totally unimpressed. Disney just seems to be taking people for granted. After all they can call you tomorrow and tell you donít have a place to stay and you are fine because itís Disney.

What happened to being better than your peers not worse? What happened to be a leader in customer service?

And the truth is with HHI just about everything else seems to be open So I donít even understand their excuse for not being open. If I owned there and had a vacation coming up I would be beyond mad. You are taking it much better than I would
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:49 PM   #74
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
Totally unimpressed. Disney just seems to be taking people for granted. After all they can call you tomorrow and tell you don’t have a place to stay and you are fine because it’s Disney.

What happened to being better than your peers not worse? What happened to be a leader in customer service?

And the truth is with HHI just about everything else seems to be open So I don’t even understand their excuse for not being open. If I owned there and had a vacation coming up I would be beyond mad. You are taking it much better than I would
Oh yeah. I am ticked. DH and I talking now about selling ALL our points. Had been thinking of selling some. But this BS...gonna sell them ALL. And start seeing the world...other than Disney. Buh bye!

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): June 7-14 HHI (but not via DVC) & Jan 2-9, 2021 BWV

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:41 AM   #75
eandjmom
One Bedroom

On an interesting note, I was looking at hotels for my drive down from IL and many SC Hilton brand hotels are still indicating that they would be closed on 6/13? We typically drive from IL to the Eastern border of SC on the first night so that we can arrive at HHI by lunch time the next day. We unpack, DH and the kids go swimming while I head over to Kroger for groceries, it works out perfectly.

With the whole state opening up, I thought that was odd...
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #76
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandjmom View Post
On an interesting note, I was looking at hotels for my drive down from IL and many SC Hilton brand hotels are still indicating that they would be closed on 6/13? We typically drive from IL to the Eastern border of SC on the first night so that we can arrive at HHI by lunch time the next day. We unpack, DH and the kids go swimming while I head over to Kroger for groceries, it works out perfectly.

Thats how we like to do it too..but our room is never ready until around 4pm so we tend to all hit the grocery store and then hang at the main pool having a drink while we wait.

But the drive down. Thanks for the heads up as we check into rental on June 7 so we planned to get down south on the 6th. Hadn't looked into hotels yet. Will go look now. DS works for IHG so we can get friends and family rates sometimes at Holiday Inn express. Off to look into that now....

Old 05-23-2020, 09:48 AM   #77
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Since we are going the week thar ends on July 4 and we expect it to be very crowded with horrid traffic weíve been thinking about driving partway Friday to avoid some of the traffic. And Iím not seeing any problem finding hotels on our route that are open. Personally Iím a Marriott person and theyíre all open it looks like.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:20 AM   #78
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

June 6th....IHG has stuff open and available. We might even just stay at DS's hotel in Wake Forest.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #79
ghafler
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandjmom View Post

Wonder if theyíre managed by Disney? Sarcasm intended....

Seriously, safe travels. Weíre heading down on 6/12 and book a room at a Marriott in NC

Owners since 2008. AKV and Aulani

22 Disney stays and counting at the Contemporary, Grand Floridian (Honeymoon), Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, Animal Kingdom Lodge (1st Trip with kids), Saratoga Springs, Kidani Village, Aulani and the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian. 4 Disney cruises on the Dream and Fantasy. My 1st Walt Disney World Visit was in June '72 and the Most Crowded visit was on July 4th 1976.
ghafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #80
jtdancy
Studio

Well, it's official. Our 5/31 - 6/5 trip was cancelled by Disney (luckily we found another HHI rental in Palmetto Dunes for the same time period).

I logged in to the DVC site today and saw the points returned to my account. However, they were showing a July 2019 use year - I've got 100+ points that have to be used by 7/31!? News to me

A call to member services said this should be corrected by June 5th. The cancelled points will go to a 2020 use year, so hopefully everything will be set straight, it just make take a week or two.
jtdancy is offline   Reply With Quote