home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 12:54 PM   #291
E2ME2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnuts24 View Post
I guess this is the once in a decade event where you point and say buying a timeshare, even from Disney, is not an investment. This is not bothering me since I donít plan on selling (at least for the next 20 years).

I guess the balancing act they have is when they open up sales smart buyers are going to compare direct pricing to resale. If resale prices are even further away from direct prices then they will have a really hard time selling direct again. Unless they realize that they overpriced their direct over the past 5 years and start giving really good incentives to get the average cost per point closer to the resale market. Iím hoping for the latter.
One can always hope -- Do you think they might actually reconsider the direct prices, based on relationship to resale prices? If that happens, I would consider my next add-on to be Direct, as I only need (want) another 100-150 points, and the direct purchase is so much easier. It's quicker, comes with the 6-month free financing, plus the points on my Disney Visa, and who couldn't use another DVC backpack?
Old 05-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #292
walnuts24
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
One can always hope -- Do you think they might actually reconsider the direct prices, based on relationship to resale prices? If that happens, I would consider my next add-on to be Direct, as I only need (want) another 100-150 points, and the direct purchase is so much easier. It's quicker, comes with the 6-month free financing, plus the points on my Disney Visa, and who couldn't use another DVC backpack?
Someone with more history would answer that question better than me but my understanding is that they wouldnít directly lower prices they would give better incentives effectively lowering prices. Like $193 per point but if you buy 100 points you get 10% off and $750. I think they will need to do something because they have reflections opening in a few years and they still have lots of RR points to sell. They would essentially flood the market if they canít sell the points.
walnuts24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #293
hilaw
Grand Villa

I don't think developer points will be on the table for incentives, as Disney will need to control point usage moving forward for a few years.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:43 PM   #294
walnuts24
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
It's quicker, comes with the 6-month free financing, plus the points on my Disney Visa, and who couldn't use another DVC backpack?
When we bought last year we were split between a 160 point AKL contract resale or 100 point RR contract and these were the reasons we picked direct (other than the backpack haha).
walnuts24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:36 PM   #295
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I have been wanting to pay $130-$135 or less.....that was before the mess.
Hmmm...but if prices go down I think I would be more apt to add on gfv than RR. I do worry about the resale restriction there. I would rather use my other contracts there in 7 month window than risk the lack of flexibility. I have come to the conclusion that for my family RR just doesn't work. Outside of bcv, we use all our points including gfv at all other resorts. I have used my gfv points at ak, my CCV points at BLT. And SSR points everywhere
Old 05-23-2020, 10:13 AM   #296
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

This is such a waiting game..Six months from now so much can change. I could definitely see a direct purchase if the incentives are right...but I think the resale market will be tough to say no to..
Old 05-23-2020, 10:16 AM   #297
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

My DW just told me someone bought a resale for 75 dollars a point.She saw it on Facebook...Unfortunately I have no further info then that..sorry.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #298
Obie1DVC2014
Studio

We sold off our direct points because we never stay(ed) at the resort and want a contract we can use at 11 months. Now all we have is resale. I'd love to buy direct but not sure I can live with the resale restrictions, and RR is a bit of a point hog and I don't love it (never been so may change my mind). i don't think they will have incentives for the original 14 which is what I would prefer. Reflections seems more to our taste, but that is a long time away.

So if prices drop resale will be a no brainer.
Obie1DVC2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:25 PM   #299
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjferry View Post
My DW just told me someone bought a resale for 75 dollars a point.She saw it on Facebook...Unfortunately I have no further info then that..sorry.
That could be if it was a large stripped contract.

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2021**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2021**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL,& Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:37 PM   #300
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjferry View Post
Well if it was on Facebook it must be true.