home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 12:21 AM   #31
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
If you are buying day tickets for your trip it might be. You'd have from the 2PM DVC entry time until midnight so 10 hours. And 6 of those will include party specialties.
Is there a way to book fast passes during early entry?
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:04 AM   #32
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
Yes. Just link your ticket on MDE before.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:36 AM   #33
Lolaura84
Studio

Quote:
A few years ago, you could book fastpasses during early entry using your party ticket. I think it was last year that they stopped that, and limited fastpass days to how many days of park tickets, excluding that early entry period. There were some people who were originally able to book the extra day, then lost a random day of reserved fastpasses, so I would be cautious about that strategy.
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:47 AM   #34
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Yes, itís still doable. Thereís been some situations where they cancel but I think it involved the person doing some sort of cancelling. Donít remember the full details or trigger for that to happen. Others had the FPs left alone.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:01 PM   #35
crewsline
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas

Absolutely! At least my daughter and I think so. In additon to the holiday atmosphere, MVMCP has the best fireworks display. The parde is not as good as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, but the feel of Christmas is priceless!
Old 05-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #36
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
I am not a fan of dining packages, but for me it is a necessity for the Candlelight Processional.
Definitely agree. What you don't want to do is wait in the non-package standby line. No guarantee you'll get in unless you line up 1.5-2 hours early, and if you do you get whatever is left for seating; might not be possible to seat your party together.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:24 PM   #37
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

DD went on a solo trip in December 2018 and did the party. She loved it. She and I will probably go in November when we are there. She had a Christmas popcorn bucket and collected cookies in it.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #38
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

We went last year and were disappointed. We felt it was over-sold to the point that it just wasn't fun much less worth it the cost of the ticket. There were of course, empty spots where they didn't have any rides going, but the front of the park was packed, wall to wall people long before parades or fireworks were supposed to start.

We also found that the lines for any of the treats were ridiculously long. They didn't start actually giving anything out until well after the party started, but the stations were marked so people started lining up. It created a situation that the lines were already really long before they even started so there was no catching up. There were also very long lines for the characters. The lines created some serious congestion points.

We rode a few rides but ended up leaving pretty early because it was just so crowded. I thought about finding a quiet spot to just hang out for a while to see if the crowd would thin out later, but DH was done. He had had all the shoulder to shoulder crowd surfing he could take, so I just decided to leave when he did. Maybe we just went on the wrong night, but I don't think we'll be trying that again anytime soon.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote