home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #71
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Talking

I wouldn't worry about trolling. Individual trolls are obsolete. They can't compete with the troll farms.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #72
smmcgarry
Banned

This is unreal. I am not a troll. I'm sorry I don't pass your
"smell test," Dirk. However, as I stated before, I'm finished caring what other people think. So go off and sniff somewhere else.

Thank you to the member who defended my perception of "major." When someone doesn't experience it something firsthand, they're quick to call out the person to whom it did happen.

In terms of venting disrupting the community you have built... no community is built on brownies and ice cream. Sometimes people experience real emotions and it's too bad if those emotions don't sit well with "Dirk."

Again, I'm not a troll. If I had been, would I be having reasonable conversations with reasonable people along with other types of conversations with "Dirk?"
smmcgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #73
DVC Doctor
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
This is unreal. I am not a troll. I'm sorry I don't pass your "smell test," Dirk.

Again, I'm not a troll. If I had been, would I be having reasonable conversations with reasonable people along with other types of conversations with "Dirk?"
You may have gotten your hidden mickey tightie whities in a twist over some MINOR issues at WDW, but in reality, you are getting smoked on two different Disney BBS due to your lack of empathy and boasting about getting a bunch of free fastpasses for things that are way beyond the control of Disney. You posted here asking for feedback and whey you get replies that you do not like, you get even more bent outta shape. I am not sure if you are a Troll or just clueless.

Personal tip for you - calling out a moderator or an admin of a bbs is generally NOT a good idea.

Hmmm......

* Update - I read your thread on this same topic at the other bbs and it is now closed. It is interesting you were defensive there too and stated that you were not a Troll even though nobody called you a Troll. I am not going to call you a Troll or label you with the word troll, however, if you are in Disneyworld and you see a character walking like a duck, quacking like a duck, and acting like a duck, well then, it probably is Donald Duck.

Last edited by DVC Doctor; 10-15-2017 at 12:50 PM.
DVC Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:50 PM   #74
smmcgarry
Banned

[quote=DVC Doctor;1402754]You may have gotten your hidden mickey tightie whities in a twist over some MINOR issues at WDW, but in reality, you are getting smoked on two different Disney BBS due to your lack of empathy and boasting about getting a bunch of free fastpasses for things that are way beyond the control of Disney. You posted here asking for feedback and whey you get replies that you do not like, you get even more bent outta shape.

Personal tip for you - calling out a moderator or an admin of a bbs is generally NOT a good idea.

Hmmm......

First, I was not boasting about getting the fast passes. Second, I never said that any of the negative things things that happened were in Disney's control. A person can't simply complain about having a bad day? Third, if your suggestion of a "lack of empathy" comes from me complaining about a cast member almost severely injuring my wife and I, then I guess you're right. I have no empathy for drivers who have no regard for others on the road. Finally, I don;t care if he is a moderator or a first time user. I speak my mind. His being a moderator means nothing to me. The majority of you people have been very positive and have engaged in a good, productive discussion. The rest of you have to get over yourselves. This is a Disney BBS for god's sake.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #75
smmcgarry
Banned

To further prove that I am not a troll, I would gladly have a private conversation through my personal email with any moderator that chooses to do so. I would even go so far as to have a phone conversation.

Take your meme and shove it.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:02 PM   #76
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Keep in mind that just because OP said he was nearly run off the road doesn't mean he was, and the he also said that GS told him if the CM was identified it would be a firing offense. How many of you believe that your job rests on some stranger going to customer service to complain about your off-duty driving habits with zero evidence?

Tale gets fishier.

As for online venting - yeah, it can be cathartic, it's also trollish behavior because people post things online they would never say in person and that's not conducive to community.

Encouraging people to vent in anonymous forums is encouraging a disruption to the community that has been built here.

We have no difficulty with people complaining about Disney - everyone here has at one point another, but at some point, the complaints need to be logical, and some things here don't pass the smell test.

Dirk

OP - there is a large difference between not caring about what others think and swinging back when you perceive someone has offended. It does not seem that you have reach a point that it doesn't matter what others think but that takes time.

Now, I also found your first post questionable and much of it illogical that didn't make sense. Honestly I think you probably garnered a lot of support because you started with how you didn't get it on "the other place". One persons POV from this person's POV. A rant can be cathartic. You seem to have a lot of life negatives happening with health and all and for that I'm sorry. But this is a Disney board and the thread is a personal rant and not advancing and that's where it takes on a "trollish" vein. That doesn't mean you aren't sincere. It might mean it's time to move forward to something else.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #77
smmcgarry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post

OP - there is a large difference between not caring about what others think and swinging back when you perceive someone has offended. It does not seem that you have reach a point that it doesn't matter what others think but that takes time.

You're absolutely right. As much as I am trying, it is very difficult to completely stop caring about what other people think. I think that's the definition of a psychopath, anyway . I'm simply trying to be "who I am" as opposed to who I think others want me to be.

Now, I also found your first post questionable and much of it illogical that didn't make sense. Honestly I think you probably garnered a lot of support because you started with how you didn't get it on "the other place". One persons POV from this person's POV. A rant can be cathartic. You seem to have a lot of life negatives happening with health and all and for that I'm sorry. But this is a Disney board and the thread is a personal rant and not advancing and that's where it takes on a "trollish" vein. That doesn't mean you aren't sincere. It might mean it's time to move forward to something else.
You're right again. It's time to put the experience behind me and continuing this thread is only keeping it alive. My first post may have seemed illogical because I was trying to push so much information on to the page at once that it may not have "flowed." I appreciate constructive criticism such as yours. However, I don't appreciate personal attacks such as "Dirk's" or "Docdvc" or whatever his name is. Those types of posts do not advance the conversation in any positive direction... and I don't care if he is a moderator or not. Thank you for your insights.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #78
smmcgarry
Banned

Sorry... haven't mastered the multiple quote thing yet.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:44 PM   #79
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I wouldn't worry about trolling. Individual trolls are obsolete. They can't compete with the troll farms.
Theyíre probably the ones planting fake news about Universal is better than Disney . . .

Dirk
Old 10-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #80
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
This is unreal. I am not a troll. I'm sorry I don't pass your
"smell test," Dirk. However, as I stated before, I'm finished caring what other people think. So go off and sniff somewhere else.

Thank you to the member who defended my perception of "major." When someone doesn't experience it something firsthand, they're quick to call out the person to whom it did happen.

In terms of venting disrupting the community you have built... no community is built on brownies and ice cream. Sometimes people experience real emotions and it's too bad if those emotions don't sit well with "Dirk."

Let me be very clear - Iím an administrator on this board and I will sniff wherever I damn well please.

Your story doesnít add up. I donít for a minute believe that Disney told you they would fire the employee, and your follow-up post oozing contrition about how you were going contact them to beg them to not do so is as insincere as they come.

You came hear to rant, and you got push back. Deal with it.

Dirk