home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #11
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Still waiting to hear if we can go (from work).

I loved Aladdin, it was spectacular. But I'll enjoy Frozen too, I'm sure...

Goldi
The Frozen show is almost like seeing the entire movie only with live actors.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #12
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
It's half-way between the old paper FastPass tickets and the FastPass+ reservations that are at Disney World. You scan the barcodes for your ticket into your phone then for $10 extra per ticket per day, you can get FastPass reservations using your phone. You can only get FastPasses for the current day, and you must have entered the park on your ticket before you can make any reservations. It saves you the walk of going to the paper FastPass machines, and has the added benefit that you can cancel your FastPasses so that you can make new reservations if you change your mind. It also means that you can get FastPasses while you're in line for another ride, sitting down to dinner, etc. I found that it dramatically increased our efficiency on our last trip.

The paper FastPass machines are still available in Disneyland if you don't want to pay the extra $10 per ticket.
Exactly, but what makes the MaxPass superior is that you can have multiple fast passes at the same time. The maximum wait time before getting another Fastpass is (if Iím not mistaken) 1.5 hours or around the time the next fastpass window opens, whichever is sooner I believe. Also it includes unlimited photopass for the day you purchase the MaxPass.

1990, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

Home Resorts: BWV, BCV, AKV, SSR, BLT, PVB
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #13
Sykes
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicAllAroundUs View Post
Exactly, but what makes the MaxPass superior is that you can have multiple fast passes at the same time. The maximum wait time before getting another Fastpass is (if Iím not mistaken) 1.5 hours or around the time the next fastpass window opens, whichever is sooner I believe.
That's true of the paper FastPasses as well. MaxPass just makes it easier to get the next one each time.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #14
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Max pass it is....

Also, is there an outside scooter rental company...

or just easier to rent disney's for the day?

And I absolutely hated the shuttle ride sharing thingy I did last time. Should I get a rental car, or is there some other better way to get from LAX?

GOldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:02 PM   #15
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

And I absolutely hated the shuttle ride sharing thingy I did last time. Should I get a rental car, or is there some other better way to get from LAX?

GOldi
You might be able to do a private shuttle for less than a rental car - just depends on pricing of the car. Or Uber - I think we were around $45 each way from LAX last month. Just check the uber price estimate.

Also there is Karmel Shuttle which says they don't do the loop thing at LAX. That would make for a better experience than all other shared shuttles.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #16
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

GOldi
Oh, and yes you can get an offsite scooter rental. Let me see if I can find the name of one of the companies. We got a different medical supply from them but they were recommend by GC concierge because they also deliver scooters.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #17
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
That's true of the paper FastPasses as well. MaxPass just makes it easier to get the next one each time.
Yes because unlike Disney World, the fastpass kiosks are ride exclusive so getting the next one would require going all the way to that ride’s kiosk. (I’m sure you know this Sykes, not replying to you specifically, but rather to whomever stumbles in here also wondering about how the MaxPass differs.)

1990, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

Home Resorts: BWV, BCV, AKV, SSR, BLT, PVB
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #18
jcharles
Studio

Whatever you do, get a mint julep and the beignets. Don’t forget the corn dog.

We went last year and had a blast. The Grand Californian is so great too. Loved it all.
jcharles is offline   Reply With Quote