home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #21
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
I've registered with David's but don't quite understand their model. It seems weird to tell them upfront how many points I have to rent because I'm not sure right now. I own 555 points, 230 at OKW and the rest at VGC (3 contracts there). All 4 have the same UY. I could be tempted to rent out most of them from this year (!) as I have a couple of reservations booked now I might have to cancel. But with David's I just told him what I had left w/o cancelling them. So I don't know if I'm hurting my chances with him because I could rent out a TON more than what I told him.

I also use one of the brokers that posts what renters are looking for. I actually got one of those a few months ago thanks to a MO member who clued me in about the site. But lately I've never seen any I could fill until others have taken them. I guess I don't spend enough time online!

I was also thinking of trying to transfer points to someone (maybe the VGC points w/b in demand?) but I've only done that once so don't have a ton of references. I mean, I could transfer anywhere up to several hundred VGC points, and even more if I did this UY's points before I have to bank them and then also dip into next year's points.

It's a confusing and depressing situation.
Having VGC is a very desirable resort to have. It's not that big so having the edge of booking 11 months out you should be able to rent quickly. You will need to decide if you are going to cancel and then can tell David you have more points available. I not sure how many points you have listed with him.
I am not familiar with brokers that put out there wanted reservations. Does sound like you would have to be online a lot or have notifications on when a new wanted post pops.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #22
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping we don't have to sell, but if I can't find a decent job soon I won't have a choice.
Best of luck on your job hunt! Hope that everything works out for you!
Old 10-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #23
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
I've registered with David's but don't quite understand their model. It seems weird to tell them upfront how many points I have to rent because I'm not sure right now. I own 555 points, 230 at OKW and the rest at VGC (3 contracts there). All 4 have the same UY. I could be tempted to rent out most of them from this year (!) as I have a couple of reservations booked now I might have to cancel. But with David's I just told him what I had left w/o cancelling them. So I don't know if I'm hurting my chances with him because I could rent out a TON more than what I told him.

I also use one of the brokers that posts what renters are looking for. I actually got one of those a few months ago thanks to a MO member who clued me in about the site. But lately I've never seen any I could fill until others have taken them. I guess I don't spend enough time online!

I was also thinking of trying to transfer points to someone (maybe the VGC points w/b in demand?) but I've only done that once so don't have a ton of references. I mean, I could transfer anywhere up to several hundred VGC points, and even more if I did this UY's points before I have to bank them and then also dip into next year's points.

It's a confusing and depressing situation.
Medical expenses, etc., can be devastating. Hope that your situation improves! I think that transferring your points would be the least stressful route. And as others have pointed out, a transfer wouldn't hold up a sale if you decide to go that route. Hang in there!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #24
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

I agree with the others, transfer the points as that will not hold up a sale for you. Perhaps sell one or two of your GC contracts as you should be able to get top dollar for those
Old 10-18-2017, 09:36 PM   #25
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I'd say sell the OKW as it's higher than it's ever been and is a 2042 resort and large. VGC has more potential for growth and gives a nice home resort window or the points can be used at any other resort at 7 months.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #26
Breyean
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I'd say sell the OKW as it's higher than it's ever been and is a 2042 resort and large. VGC has more potential for growth and gives a nice home resort window or the points can be used at any other resort at 7 months.
Actually, we did the OKW extension years ago (our son actually paid for it since he figured he'd be the one benefiting since he'd still be around then).