home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Default Paying Annual Dues with Disney Gift Card

Iím new at this whole DVC thing and Iím wondering if we are able to use Disney gift cards to pay our annual dues. If weíre able to, would we be able to do so bothbwhen paying lumpsum AND monthly installments?

Iíve passed ROFR on 340 points and have 380 points across 3 contracts waiting for ROFR and hope to pay lumpsum but may opt to pay in installments for one of them.

1990, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

Home Resorts: BWV, BCV, AKV, SSR, BLT, PVB
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:32 PM   #2
Dkg711
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I'm not sure about monthly payments, but you can definitely pay lump sum with Disney gift cards. Use the "disneygiftcard.com" site to combine up to $1000.00 on a single gift card; this is easier than using dozens of gift card numbers when paying your dues.
Dkg711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:34 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicAllAroundUs View Post
Iím new at this whole DVC thing and Iím wondering if we are able to use Disney gift cards to pay our annual dues. If weíre able to, would we be able to do so bothbwhen paying lumpsum AND monthly installments?

Iíve passed ROFR on 340 points and have 380 points across 3 contracts waiting for ROFR and hope to pay lumpsum but may opt to pay in installments for one of them.
I think you have to set up the installments as a monthly bank draft. But there may be a way around that. Gift cards definitely work for lump sum payments.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:47 PM   #4
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Yes, I generally get them for around 8% off, so itís a nice savings off of the $5000-something Iíll owe in annual dues come January.........

Old 10-20-2017, 05:44 AM   #5
vwlmom
Studio

For monthly installments you need to set them up using a bank draft but you then go in prior to the 15th (or your due date) and pay for that month with a gift card. You can select which contract and how much to pay.
vwlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlmom View Post
For monthly installments you need to set them up using a bank draft but you then go in prior to the 15th (or your due date) and pay for that month with a gift card. You can select which contract and how much to pay.
I figured that there was a work around, but didn't have any of the particulars. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #7
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlmom View Post
This is exactly what I was hoping I could do. When was the last time you were able to pay this way? Have others also done it this way? I only ask because experience tells me subtle changes to policy are frequently made.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkg711 View Post
I'm not sure about monthly payments, but you can definitely pay lump sum with Disney gift cards. Use the "disneygiftcard.com" site to combine up to $1000.00 on a single gift card; this is easier than using dozens of gift card numbers when paying your dues.
This!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Yes, I generally get them for around 8% off, so itís a nice savings off of the $5000-something Iíll owe in annual dues come January.........
And if you use a reward card to purchase.....Say a new Southwest Visa, you get to double dip on the savings/rewards.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #10
vwlmom
Studio

Quote:
This is exactly what I was hoping I could do. When was the last time you were able to pay this way? Have others also done it this way? I only ask because experience tells me subtle changes to policy are frequently made.
I just did it again last week. This was the first year I saw it available (actually clicked on pay balance) and have saved an average of 8%.
vwlmom is offline   Reply With Quote