home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #51
maquayla
One Bedroom

Default vgf AND okw

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I am curious to hear from gfv folks. ..added on there without staying there first. We had dinner there and fell in love with it there. How are the std view vs.lake view rooms. Which view or area doyou recommend and why. Also would like to hear from those who jave stayed at okw, as i have always wanted to stay there. If we like it there might sell ssr points to buy okw:-) what i do not like about ssr is the fact that it is such a large resort
We have stayed in a standard view at VGF. It was a 1bd overlooking the fountain and the monarail. We really enjoyed it. We stayed in a 2bd at OKW in the Turtle pond section and loved it. We were on the first floor and had a patio.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:05 AM   #52
LouisianaMike
Studio

Where do you reside in Norway? I travel on business there quite regularly. I love Norway and the people!

LouisianaMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarne87 View Post
Wow!! so great to see all the replies people have posted on here! I recently bought 220 points at PVB as a start. I will probably expand into another resort too in a while, but that was a nice place to start.

Me and my fiancè (she's from Iceland) hope to make it over once maybe twice a year for the foreeable future and we're doing our first trip as DVC members in January/february for 18 days. We're splitting our stay between AKL (savannah view) and PVB (lake view). We have waitlisted both BLT and GF for the last nine days, but from what I've heard I shouldn't get my hopes up for those.

I am so happy to get to chat with other DVC members, and I have been floored by the amazing response and welcome I've had since joining dvc. It truly does feel like joining a massive family!

Magnus // Fresh DVC Member from Norway.
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #53
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
just would like to say what a great thread to put together!

OKW I bias, it is big like SSR but we have always loved OKW original buy ins 97, we also own at SSR. We just prefer OKW and the theming. Agree, unless you have a car. We prefer being in the hospitality house area. Though through the years, I have read those who enjoy being away from that area as they really feel they are going to their second home and not staying at a resort. Some enjoy being away from everything. So it depends on what you like. You should definately try it out if interested, just realize it is a large resort. I think it's more spread out but that's just my opinion. Though I think I once read it is the largest (land wise) dvc.
at OKW you have closer parking access to your room (head on spots in front of resort room) vs a large communal parking lot.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote