home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #11
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcras View Post
They wait until the last minute, then want distress point pricing and there is nothing available, even SSR & OKW are getting harder to find at last minute. Due to the lack of availability at DVC, I find myself planning earlier than when we first bought back in 2008.
And the only persons in distress are they!

I’m not discounting my points because you waited until the last minute to book.
At that point, supply and demand is more at play and Disney is fresh out of discounted rates.
It about to get real interesting.

I joined a FB group but it seemed most were looking for rock bottom prices and last minute so I left the group after 2 weeks.
I may try Redweek, especially for my VGC points. There are no discounts to be had there and 30-40% off is more in line with cost of ownership there.
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #12
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

independent of these last two posts, primarily because someone wrote thinking i had two great reservations she wanted, but they were too expensive, i just raised my price to her, on redweek and facebook for all of my existing studio spec rentals in dec and jan.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 05-15-2019 at 12:07 PM.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:02 PM   #13
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
And the only persons in distress are they!

Iím not discounting my points because you waited until the last minute to book.
At that point, supply and demand is more at play and Disney is fresh out of discounted rates.
It about to get real interesting.

I joined a FB group but it seemed most were looking for rock bottom prices and last minute so I left the group after 2 weeks.
I may try Redweek, especially for my VGC points. There are no discounts to be had there and 30-40% off is more in line with cost of ownership there.
try fb groups again, block immediately anyone/everyone who makes any comment on your pricing...they can't see you and can't reply. it took me several months to figure out fb, took a lickin' but came back tickin'. there is even a new group that offers rentals by the night/reservation, no point price, and will not tolerate rudeness. you can also post and not allow comments.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #14
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
try fb groups again, block immediately anyone/everyone who makes any comment on your pricing...they can't see you and can't reply. it took me several months to figure out fb, took a lickin' but came back tickin'. there is even a new group that offers rentals by the night/reservation, no point price, and will not tolerate rudeness. you can also post and not allow comments.
Can u pm the name of the group where you post by the night and not by point price, too many tire kickers on the ones Iím currently on. Thanks!

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #15
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.disney.couple View Post
Can u pm the name of the group where you post by the night and not by point price, too many tire kickers on the ones Iím currently on. Thanks!

I would appreciate a pm too Barb. Thank you!
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:33 PM   #16
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.disney.couple View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post

I would appreciate a pm too Barb. Thank you!
done.