home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-27-2018, 08:24 PM   #41
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Simply put, if we plan to go about 12 days total with it (and we do at least 1 TS a day and sometimes 2 and we also do a couple signatures a year) and have more than just a party of two most of the time, then it's worth it.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
2019-2020 DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV/SSR / Dec 19-21 CCV cabin & Dec 21-28 Vistana/ Jan 18-22 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #42
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
Since I don't want to do the math or track my spending while at Disney I look at it this way. If you like to have a couple of drinks before and/or after dinner and a nice bottle of wine with dinner, it is worth it. If you aren't drinking or drinking a single by the glass wine with dinner then it is probably not. In our case it works .
Excellent summary. I'll drink to that!

For us it no longer works as we just don't eat very much, and can't make the value. And we don't actually drink all that much as it gets in the way of getting up early to run. Even with a good bit of drinking, eating moderately just doesn't make the numbers work.

Cheers.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #43
LouisianaMike
One Bedroom

Thanks for all the input.. Considering we will be at Disney on three separate occasions in 2018 (8 days, 5 days, and 7 days, respectively) and we do like to eat out at least 3-4 times at signature restaurants per trip, and the DW and I do like to partake in the alcoholic beverages, it seems that the TIW pass will pay for itself at of right after our 2nd visit. Thanks for talking me into purchasing one... Do any of y'all have experience in purchasing the TIW passes on-line? If so, does the pass activate upon purchase or first day in the park (or use)? Thanks again!!!

LouisianaMike
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:28 AM   #44
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaMike View Post
Thanks for all the input.. Considering we will be at Disney on three separate occasions in 2018 (8 days, 5 days, and 7 days, respectively) and we do like to eat out at least 3-4 times at signature restaurants per trip, and the DW and I do like to partake in the alcoholic beverages, it seems that the TIW pass will pay for itself at of right after our 2nd visit. Thanks for talking me into purchasing one... Do any of y'all have experience in purchasing the TIW passes on-line? If so, does the pass activate upon purchase or first day in the park (or use)? Thanks again!!!

LouisianaMike
Unless something changed since January it is not available online but you can call in- IMO better to call card is hard plastic so holds up better for multiple trips.

It is active immediately upon purchase so caution is needed when ordering early.
noreen99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #45
AnnaS
Grand Villa

It's good you decided to go for it.

We have purchased it a few times in the past.

We will be purchasing it again in 9 days.....we should get three trips out of it.

This trip we are 12 (three are children).

Second trip - we should be 9 or maybe 2/3. All depends on how this trip goes.

Third trip - party of 4 for sure (and maybe three more part of the trip).

We definitely have some wine drinkers. Nothing crazy but it will definitely be worth it.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #46
Grandma Minnie
Studio

Default HUGE TiW savings!

We've been Tables in Wonderland members since 2014 (except the year they gave DVC 20% discounts) and have always racked up savings of $650+ on 3 trips/year. Well, this past membership certainly was worth it!! From April 2018 to April 2019 we did 5 WDW trips (twice with 3 adults and three times with 6). having sit-down breakfast and early dinner, then eating a light counter service or just a snack at lunch. Our TiW discounts totaled $1769 less $150 membership = $1619 savings!! HUGE!
Grandma Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #47
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

I recommend ordering it by phone so that you get the hard plastic card. On our last trip I got more compliments from waitstaff on my hard TIW card than I have got on anything at all in probably the last decade.
MagicJourneys is online now   Reply With Quote