home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #131
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I read this thread in shock as I see some of the same posters on here posting on another thread advising a member to "rent on your own" and implying it's easy to do???

Really?

It's easy to waste your time dealing with scammers?

I am reminded why I decided to ignore the "Rent Rent Rent" and sell my extra points.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #132
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
i learned the hard way about time wasting scammers. want my time? show me the money ($50 good faith deposit via paypal, then balance via check). stops these folks dead in their tracks.
I take min $250, deposit goes up if requires more points, approx dollar per point.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:00 PM   #133
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I read this thread in shock as I see some of the same posters on here posting on another thread advising a member to "rent on your own" and implying it's easy to do???

Really?

I am reminded why I decided to ignore the "Rent Rent Rent" and sell my extra points.

Renting is not for everybody, you need time to do it, which most of us do not have.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #134
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Really?

i'm in shock that you can't the differences in the posts in these two threads.

i don't believe anyone has said said or implied that renting is easy to do, but it's certainly doable and i have never lost a point.

scammers can be stopped immediately with a good faith deposit.

you shouldn't be renting for sure. you don't have the patience.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:40 PM   #135
tanjiers
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Delete them
tanjiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:17 PM   #136
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Really?

To each their own. Renting on the RTB is hard work. One must have a strict routine and be alert to nuances that could indicate trouble. It takes time, patience and a lot of sweat. In the end, it is worth it, if you have the stomach.

Some folks need to rent their points and MO offering this option is a very nice avenue for when they need extra cash to help pay MFs, an unexpected bill, etc. Perhaps they had to cancel a last minute trip or discovered sone banked points. If it isn't your cup of tea, then that's fine. But, it isn't appropriate to mock those who need or want the RTB.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:59 PM   #137
Sarco11

This thread has been quite a fascinating read for a "newbie" at renting points from DVC owners. I guess I never considered how someone allegedly wanting to rent could scam an owner. I totally can see the "wafflers", though. A Disney trip is a major expense, or series of expenses, that is not always fully thought out when starting to make reservations.

It also answered my question about those who have "0" posts but have been MO members for years. That was a very useful tidbit!
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:47 PM   #138
agbmom

I only recently realized that people didn't increase their number of posts when they only deal with the rental boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarco11 View Post
This thread has been quite a fascinating read for a "newbie" at renting points from DVC owners. I guess I never considered how someone allegedly wanting to rent could scam an owner. I totally can see the "wafflers", though. A Disney trip is a major expense, or series of expenses, that is not always fully thought out when starting to make reservations.

It also answered my question about those who have "0" posts but have been MO members for years. That was a very useful tidbit!
Old 06-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #139
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarco11 View Post

Are they really members or just lurkers?
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #140
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Are they really members or just lurkers?
"exploiters"

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote