home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #51
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Certainly good points.

Another to consider is that, while Disney are adding a bunch of stuff across 2 parks after having added at the other two recently, they are generally a reasonably long time between adds. Then, for the frequent visitor, it gets down to "do you want to do those rides again?" And this is true even if the quality is better. Variety matters.

Now, since we own DVC and staying there with points is very cheap, we will base there. But we typically get a car now, and the drive to Universal is not a big deal if done early. So, one could decide on variety over "quality" and spend a good bit of time at Universal even if DVC-based.

Cheers.
I知 just disinclined to leave the bubble one I arrive. We have done it, of course, but I壇 prefer to try something different next time. We have never done a Uni only vacation (yet)! I知 giving serious thought to a Uni/SeaWorld trip, or at least, a Uni/Disney split stay. Next year will be Disney only, and likely just a long July 4th weekend. I had big plans for 2021, but it looks like life might interfere. So, possibly May 2022, a split stay beginning at Uni and ending at Disney. Or maybe a long Uni weekend in May and a large family trip in November. We値l see...
Old 07-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #52
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I知 just disinclined to leave the bubble one I arrive. We have done it, of course, but I壇 prefer to try something different next time. We have never done a Uni only vacation (yet)! I知 giving serious thought to a Uni/SeaWorld trip, or at least, a Uni/Disney split stay. Next year will be Disney only, and likely just a long July 4th weekend. I had big plans for 2021, but it looks like life might interfere. So, possibly May 2022, a split stay beginning at Uni and ending at Disney. Or maybe a long Uni weekend in May and a large family trip in November. We値l see...
WE've left the bubble a few times - twice over one 10 day trip, once for Kennedy Space Center and once for Bok Tower and gardens. We generally do those things in the middle of a longer trip as an off day and plan a nice resort dinner when we get back. Going off site for a theme park would be weirder, so we would probably stay at Universal for a couple of nights at the start of a trip.

We did leave the bubble this last trip since Jim forgot to pack shorts. I wasn't happy. But at least we had a car and it was our first evening with light traffic, so not too much of a hassle.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote