home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
mark0157
One Bedroom

Default Wine & Dine Post Race Party

I just checked into prices for the post race party...$79, WOW!

Now with the race in the morning there is a good chance we will blow off the post race party, so not sure I want to spend $79 for those not running...unless I hear from other MOs that it is worth it!

Anyone have an opinion either way?

Thanks!
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Just wondering-what does the post race party include? Last time DH ran the Wine and Dine was when the race was held at night, and afterwards we had 3 hours in the Food and Wine festival (well, midnight-3:00, not 3 full hours for those who finished late). It wasn't bad at first since DH was in the first third of finishers, but as the night wore on, it got PACKED! Even though the event went until 3:00 am, we left before 2:30. It was fun, and we got some cute pictures with characters, but I'm not sure we'd do it again.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Just wondering-what does the post race party include? Last time DH ran the Wine and Dine was when the race was held at night, and afterwards we had 3 hours in the Food and Wine festival (well, midnight-3:00, not 3 full hours for those who finished late). It wasn't bad at first since DH was in the first third of finishers, but as the night wore on, it got PACKED! Even though the event went until 3:00 am, we left before 2:30. It was fun, and we got some cute pictures with characters, but I'm not sure we'd do it again.
This is the description on the website:

Disney Wine & Dine Post-Race Party Ticket Includes:

-Opportunity to join fellow runners in purchasing indulgent offerings fit for a celebration at more than 30 Global Marketplaces at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival
-Select Epcot® attractions
-Musical performances, entertainment and a live DJ

I think I read it starts at 8 or 8:30 and the park closes at 9, so sounds like there is some overlap before regular park guests clear out.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

The one time we ran this it was at night and we rolled right into Epcot until 3 AM. What made it fun and special was that it was right after the race. Beyond that, it was time spent at Epcot. But it was fun because of the timing.

With a morning race, I think that this will be just another night at Epcot and not special at all.

And, being in the morning, Wine and Dine Half is just another Disney race, and more overpriced than usual. We had planned to run last year, and booked our trip around that. Once the substantial format change was announced, we opted out.

Cheers.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:39 AM   #5
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I have done the party a few times.

The first time was after the first Wine and Dine race. EPIC fail on Disney's part. They didn't clear the park leading to LONG lines. (Think Food and Wine on a Saturday and then double them!) No rides, closed bathrooms. (I literally changed behind a tree LOL!) Park was PACKED. Seriously I have been on July 4th and other busy days and this was one of the worst. Which makes me very concerned that now they are doing this "no gap" again.

2nd time was dramatically better since they closed Epcot at 9:30 and didn't allow party guests in until 10. And they actually had rides open and didn't close half the bathrooms for cleaning!

So my concern here is they aren't closing the park any longer and they apparently don't know how to clear Epcot. I would bet lots of day guests will be there for the party!

Personally I would skip it.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I have done the party a few times.

The first time was after the first Wine and Dine race. EPIC fail on Disney's part. They didn't clear the park leading to LONG lines. (Think Food and Wine on a Saturday and then double them!) No rides, closed bathrooms. (I literally changed behind a tree LOL!) Park was PACKED. Seriously I have been on July 4th and other busy days and this was one of the worst. Which makes me very concerned that now they are doing this "no gap" again.

2nd time was dramatically better since they closed Epcot at 9:30 and didn't allow party guests in until 10. And they actually had rides open and didn't close half the bathrooms for cleaning!

So my concern here is they aren't closing the park any longer and they apparently don't know how to clear Epcot. I would bet lots of day guests will be there for the party!

Personally I would skip it.
Thanks! I think we'll skip it! Don't want to pay that much for something that doesn't sound too different than just being there for the F&W anyways! And I definitely don't want to be there if the park is packed (which sounds like there is a good chance it will since there is an overlap).