home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-03-2019, 01:43 PM   #21
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Old 06-03-2019, 04:27 PM   #22
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Hi Dan, Dave, and Kelly.

Well today’s first day of work (supposedly) consisted of Costco shopping this morning, Olive Garden lunch (hard to beat $6.99 for unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks), suit shopping at Men’s Wearhouse (bought a suit and two jackets, ouch says the wallet), and a beer break at Hooters before returning home. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Boss called to make sure I was still okay to meet tomorrow. Almost told her she gets to decide my availability now, not me, haha. Meeting with her and her team for lunch at noon, then we’ll drive to meet with client at 2. I’m basically just an accessory for client meeting, she said she’ll introduce me as one of her top consultants (without even starting, ha!) and I can hopefully share some examples of things I’d be able to assist with. Of course knowing who client is would help, supposedly I’ll find out this afternoon so can do a bit of preliminary research.

Still unsure what rest of week holds, but hopefully some reassurance after tomorrow’s meetings. We shall see...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:50 PM   #23
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Hi Dan, Dave, and Kelly.

Well today’s first day of work (supposedly) consisted of Costco shopping this morning, Olive Garden lunch (hard to beat $6.99 for unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks), suit shopping at Men’s Wearhouse (bought a suit and two jackets, ouch says the wallet), and a beer break at Hooters before returning home. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Boss called to make sure I was still okay to meet tomorrow. Almost told her she gets to decide my availability now, not me, haha. Meeting with her and her team for lunch at noon, then we’ll drive to meet with client at 2. I’m basically just an accessory for client meeting, she said she’ll introduce me as one of her top consultants (without even starting, ha!) and I can hopefully share some examples of things I’d be able to assist with. Of course knowing who client is would help, supposedly I’ll find out this afternoon so can do a bit of preliminary research.

Still unsure what rest of week holds, but hopefully some reassurance after tomorrow’s meetings. We shall see...
Sounds like a rough day at the office, Brian. I'm sure that made you long for the days of jackass french dude.

Quietish day for me today. Trip to the junkyard for parts for DD's truck. Managed to get everything I need (hood, bumper, grille, radiator support, headlamps), except for a fender (they all rust in MI) for under $230. Not bad at all.

Then it was a phone screening interview with a test equipment company. I think it went well enough. Will have to work some contacts now.

Then... it was pizza making time. G gets home around 8, so we'll eat when she gets home. But for now, it's lawn mowing time. My absolute least favourite part of home ownership.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #24
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Sounds like a rough day at the office, Brian. I'm sure that made you long for the days of jackass french dude.

Quietish day for me today. Trip to the junkyard for parts for DD's truck. Managed to get everything I need (hood, bumper, grille, radiator support, headlamps), except for a fender (they all rust in MI) for under $230. Not bad at all.

Then it was a phone screening interview with a test equipment company. I think it went well enough. Will have to work some contacts now.

Then... it was pizza making time. G gets home around 8, so we'll eat when she gets home. But for now, it's lawn mowing time. My absolute least favourite part of home ownership.

Ha! To think it wasn’t jackass French dude that ultimately prompted my departure, thought for sure he’d outlast me. An interesting yet relaxing day, indeed.

Sounds like a productive day for you, well done on getting all those parts for that price. Ugh on lawn mowing, glad you get rewarded with pizza.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #25
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Well... I did have to make the pizza, but it was good

And ill offer up homemade pizza to anyone that shows up on the 15th
Old 06-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #26
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Haha, quite true.

No fair taking advantage of my lack of vacation days, haha... Though suppose I could fly down Saturday and back Sunday. Regardless, enjoy!
Old 06-03-2019, 09:10 PM   #27
beansprout
Grand Villa

Now that we almost have Brian settled we can concentrate on Dave. We’re rooting for you Dave! Are you doing all the repairs to your daughter’s vehicle yourself? You really are a jack of all trades!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:33 PM   #28
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Now that we almost have Brian settled we can concentrate on Dave. We’re rooting for you Dave! Are you doing all the repairs to your daughter’s vehicle yourself? You really are a jack of all trades!
Of course
It's a 15 year old truck with 260k miles on it so the insurance company totalled it out. We took the buyback on it, and I'll fix it for under 1/4 of what they said it's worth. Couldn't let the insurance company take it, considering how much work I've put into maintenence and new parts and how much a replacement would cost.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:01 PM   #29
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

What about the 14th and 16th?
Old 06-03-2019, 11:08 PM   #30
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote: