home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-26-2018, 06:25 PM   #11
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

I did not eat there, but I did wander through all of Wilderness Lodge to check out Copper Creek and BRV (of which I own and have yet to stay).

While there, I walked through and covertly eyeballed the food. It looked great to the eye and a lot of happy faces. However, what prompted me to respond was just how incredible the grounds and environment were. I was really infatuated with the ambiance. It really looks to be worth a resort hop for the day, afternoon, or evening.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
Wonderdog4
One Bedroom

We took a boat ride over to Geyser Point a few months ago after a day at the Magic Kingdom. We had a couple of cocktails and some delicious food. We really enjoyed it. The weather was perfect and the setting was sublime.

Let's keep it a secret so that it doesn't become too crowded.
Wonderdog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:48 PM   #13
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Geyser Point is awesome!!!!

You can not beat the view and the food is really, really good!
I’m going on a solo trip at the end of June, and I thought I might go check it out. Looking forward to it!!
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #14
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
I read about it no longer offering breakfast within the last month or two, I believe. But that may have been mistaken, as Disney’s site (while no longer offering a breakfast menu) does say it’s open at 8 AM. Here’s hoping!
we love Geyser point and ate there 2 nights in a row. The quick service window was open for continental breakfast in Feb and CM stated that there wasn't enough traffic to stock it and Roaring Forks too but may expand the menu as the spring/summer season picks up.
Here's to hoping soon!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:57 PM   #15
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

An excellent addition, indeed. Will definitely return in December if not October as well.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:39 AM   #16
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
I read about it no longer offering breakfast within the last month or two, I believe. But that may have been mistaken, as Disney’s site (while no longer offering a breakfast menu) does say it’s open at 8 AM. Here’s hoping!
It does open at 8AM but only serves danishes. The breakfast was very good and for now its a no go except for Danish.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:22 AM   #17
Disneynut4sure
One Bedroom

last May loved sitting out there one afternoon ordering drinks and apps ..its very relaxing hard to get up and leave especially since we weren't staying there this time. I will be back in May for a repeat...

Disneynut4sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #18
Joeli
Two Bedroom

ON our last stay at WL we did Geyser point several times. We had gone for appetizers and drinks while waiting for the Water Pageant, and the food was great. The only issue we had with Quick Serve Window during the day was how long it took. We had our infant and toddler with us, waiting for 15-20 minutes for a burger seemed a little excessive. I guess the good point was we knew it was getting cooked as we ordered versus being under a heat lamp.

We will definitely be back to eat here again. We are at BLT in May, BCV in Sept, but will most probably do a long weekend somewhere in between at WL again! The benefit of a 2:30 minute drive away.

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas
Nov 2019 - BWV
Oct 2019 - BWV

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #19
Ransom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
we love Geyser point and ate there 2 nights in a row. The quick service window was open for continental breakfast in Feb and CM stated that there wasn't enough traffic to stock it and Roaring Forks too but may expand the menu as the spring/summer season picks up.
Here's to hoping soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
It does open at 8AM but only serves danishes. The breakfast was very good and for now its a no go except for Danish.
Ah, that makes sense. Hopefully it was just the chilly weather keeping people away in the mornings.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #20
jveneskywool
One Bedroom

Default Wilderness

Hi
OKW since 93
I made a short trip this past weekend speifically to deal with a legal issue not related to Disney, but used the opportunity to stay at CCV since I had points to be used and a free flight.
I have always liked Bay Lake. Before DVC my family stayed at the Poly and the CR. Some of our best pictures were Bay Lake related. Son playing on the beach, sprite boats, etc.
I arrived early on Fiday and landed on the area outside Geyser Point with a straight view of Bay Lake. Geyser Point had a great fruit and yogurt plate for a snack. Our family has experienced the Wilderness many times. We used to "hang out" there enjoying the pool, The Turtle Shack bar both for non-alcoholic and the occasional frozen drinks. We rented boats and fishing excursions from the dock at Wilderness. Roaring Fork quick service was a particular favorite of my son.
This trip I experienced all that was old-breakfast at Wispering Canyon, the one full meal at Artist Point, snack at Geyser Bar and Grill, coffee and snack at the quick service beside Geyser, and of course the all important morning coffee at Roaring Fork, and even though I am not a big drinker, I enjoyed a glass of wine and a salad at the Territory Bar. Families are welcome there as long as the kids are with their parents and many were unwinding from the parks. There are kid-appropriate snacks--mac and cheese, etc, or you can get snacks at Roaring Fork adjacent and feed the kids a snack or waiting for dinner at Artist Point.
Original pool updated, lifeguarded quite carefully. New pool at CCR amazing--swam, used the walk in shower available, etc.
CCV is totally handicapped accessible. OKW or home resort, cannot guaranteed rooms on the first floor, etc. I observed several individuals on scooters easily be accommodated on the larger boat, all floors are level and the connection between resorts is totally covered. Elevators in CCR are quick and there is a manned concerierge desk in the lobby. I only had one full day, and was travelling alone, but felt quite comfortable. I had a 1 bedrooom, primarily to check it out, I also toured the actualy one-bedroom and two-bedroom layout units and on Saturday toured the new cabins. Our famiy has a modest amount of points, 225, but I would consider adding on since this resort seems to have quite a bit going for it. Boat to MK is 8,9 minutes, and of course you can get the monorail right there. Bus is not dedicated--makes one stop at Contemporary, but not a big deal. There is also a NB running trail, plently of space to just walk and quite peaceful.
I would be interested in other's opinions.
Best wsihes!
jveneskywool is offline   Reply With Quote