home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 07:01 AM   #51
anne122679
One Bedroom

Like others have said, I'd like to have the ability to pay for APs over 12 months.

I'd also like to see either an earlier booking window for FPs or more FPs for members.

I'd like more flexibility in the dining plan. We don't need 2 meals and 2 snacks per night of stay. I would like the option to buy elements of the meal plan a la carte. If that's not in the cards, then I'd like to see discounts or TiW extended to include QS locations.
anne122679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:44 AM   #52
SAMAYA
Studio

"Welcome Home," well if they really meant it then what about DVC members being treated as if it was our Floridian home and offer us all the different rates they offer Floridians such as...........

Florida Resident Discount on Platinum Plus Pass $1,064
Florida Resident Platinum Pass $958
Florida Resident Gold Pass $745
Florida Resident Silver Pass $553
Florida Resident Theme Park Select Pass $468
Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass $372
Florida Resident “After 4” Epcot Annual Pass $329
Florida Resident “After 2” Water Park Annual Pass $95

And for DVC members who unlike most Floridians have "skin in the game" we are only offer the Gold Pass at $745 and the Platinum Pass at $958
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:18 AM   #53
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMAYA View Post
"Welcome Home," well if they really meant it then what about DVC members being treated as if it was our Floridian home and offer us all the different rates they offer Floridians such as...........

Florida Resident Discount on Platinum Plus Pass $1,064
Florida Resident Platinum Pass $958
Florida Resident Gold Pass $745
Florida Resident Silver Pass $553
Florida Resident Theme Park Select Pass $468
Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass $372
Florida Resident “After 4” Epcot Annual Pass $329
Florida Resident “After 2” Water Park Annual Pass $95

And for DVC members who unlike most Floridians have "skin in the game" we are only offer the Gold Pass at $745 and the Platinum Pass at $958

We would love those options!
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #54
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Remove restrictions on resales.

When Disney implemented the very first restriction on resales, it was the start of that slippery slope of greed. In my early ownership days, I use to always tout how DVC was different then all other timeshares because buying DVC direct or buying DVC resale did not matter......all owners were treated the same.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #55
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/fr...-disney-world/

I noticed free dining is back .

It would be nice if it was offered to those staying in DVC too.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:15 AM   #56
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Having re-read Kim's title asking for *one* change, I'm going to name the one thing that matters the most to me:

For ease of planning (i.e., using my DVC), the biggest change I would welcome would be additional FP options including the removal of tiering for DVC members. Essentially, give us what concierge gets for a fee.

The changes we've discussed seem to fall in either preserving value of the product or ease of enjoying Disney. For me, since we intend to keep our contracts for life, my primary concern is the park experience.

So - that's me *one* thing.

Dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Great question. I was thinking about a poll to gauge increased negative views, but this is more productive.

After thinking several things through, I think DVC maintaining the value of our contracts, and giving DVC members an edge in park touring would strengthen the value of DVC as a "Club." To that end:

New Things:
TiW as an included perk with membership
More FP Allotments (or same day allotments, or removal of tiers for DVC members)

DVC Value:
Remove the latest resale restrictions on Riviera (the earlier ones don't bother me as much).

This assumes not eliminating an existing perks like discounted APs and special member events that have a real value.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #57
kkboise
Studio

I'd love something more than a $20 discount on APs at Disneyland.
kkboise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #58
Strangeite
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
I'm firmly in the camp of if you buy from someone else... then you bought nothing from Disney, Disney owes you nothing. You surely shouldn't get in their club for not paying them anything. Yes you could buy someone else's points but to get in the club you have to join via Disney. This seems reasonable to me.
I come at it from a different perspective. In real estate, there is the "Bundle of Sticks" theory. In short, its the idea that when you purchase a piece of real estate, you are in purchasing a bundle of rights. These rights, or sticks, each has value individually and when a stick is removed from the bundle, there is a loss of value of the bundle collectively.

When we purchase DVC it is a real estate transaction. Obviously, Disney removed many of the sticks before we purchased. Most noticeably the "Right of Possession" with regard to when we can visit and the expiration date of our contract.

What bothers me is that Disney has removed sticks after we closed. That doesn't sit well with me.

I am sure Disney dotted their Is and crossed their Ts and it is all legal. However, I still don't like it. We can't sell the same bundle of sticks that we bought and therefore it has less value.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #59
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
The thing that bothers me the most about DVC was the point reallocation. I felt that I had been assured repeatedly that the total points at a resort could not be increased. Then they were.

This shattered my trust in DVC. I felt that they would happily lie and cheat if it made them more money.

Practically speaking, the point reallocation would not have affected me because we stay in 2 bedrooms. And they rolled it back when people complained. However, DVC indicated that they might try it again in the future.

What would make me more comfortable with recommending DVC would be if it was cast in concrete that the total points at a resort could not be increased. Ever.

Have I had my head in the sand? When did this happen? Which resort? Details, please.....???!!!???

Trip Report:
The Tale of Two Trips - The Princesses & The Dudes Take On NYE
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134143

Spring Break Trip Report / How To Beat The Crowds & Still Have FUN!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64670

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS22 DD16

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #60
zafiro
Two Bedroom

I agree with those who have said at least give us “welcome home” ticket discounts and options similar and equal to the Florida residents. If they’d throw in a free TIW card every other year or so, that would be great; but I know all of the discounts and freebies are accounted for and become a contributor to our annual fees, so it’s really just optics and “feel-good” stuff regardless.
So, just reduce my annual fees and I’ll be thrilled.
zafiro is online now   Reply With Quote