home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #131
Laxmom
Grand Villa

Ya'll had to say doughnuts!!

Interesting weekend here...DS and DIL made a surprise visit Friday night and had a flat on their way. Ended up having to spend the night in order to get tire fixed next morning. Couldn't drive 2 1/2 hrs on a tire that was still losing air even after Fix a Flat.

They came down to share in some big news that our other DS and DIL wanted to tell us. We're going to have a new Mouseketeer next year! Our first! I guess they brought back an extra souvenir from the trip to Scotland. ;-)

So that announcement changed our vacation plans for next year. We had a week booked at DHHIR in May and planned to go to WDW in July. That's a wee bit much for a little one yet so we cancelled DHHIR and are heading to BRV without them in May. We'll book HHI in either a Marriott or DHHIR for July for the family.

Now to think of a name for the wee one to call us. I'm thinking Lolly and Pop. Get it....Lolly Pop? Any suggestions?
Laxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:07 PM   #132
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxmom View Post
Aw...I love that!

Toby was bred to be a show dog but was too small. She tried more food, bigger crate - just in case Shelties were like goldfish, I guess - and nothing worked so after 4 months, she made the choice to sell him as a pet. We named him Belmark's To Be or Not To Be....Toby. He had the show dog personality...big heart, little dog with a look at me attitude. He was just a joy.
Oh my gosh - similar thing here. Roary was also bred for show but she was a little bit tall. We got her at 8 months old - she had already had some agility and therapy dog training at that point. We continued with agility but not therapy. Sweet, sweet dog. So "dainty". Sounds like those two would have been great friends.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:58 PM   #133
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Interesting weekend here...DS and DIL made a surprise visit Friday night and had a flat on their way. Ended up having to spend the night in order to get tire fixed next morning. Couldn't drive 2 1/2 hrs on a tire that was still losing air even after Fix a Flat.

They came down to share in some big news that our other DS and DIL wanted to tell us. We're going to have a new Mouseketeer next year! Our first! I guess they brought back an extra souvenir from the trip to Scotland. ;-)

So that announcement changed our vacation plans for next year. We had a week booked at DHHIR in May and planned to go to WDW in July. That's a wee bit much for a little one yet so we cancelled DHHIR and are heading to BRV without them in May. We'll book HHI in either a Marriott or DHHIR for July for the family.

Now to think of a name for the wee one to call us. I'm thinking Lolly and Pop. Get it....Lolly Pop? Any suggestions?

Congratulations!!!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:13 PM   #134
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:

Congrats on your first grand Baby!
Love Lolly Pop. Go with it!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:50 PM   #135
Yogi3323
Add-on Aficionado

Location: to Quote Bruce .. "somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Congratulations!!!
Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #136
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:04 PM   #137
Laxmom
Grand Villa

Thanks guys! Pretty excited. Already bought the Mouseketerr a Disney play gym thingy for Christmas! ;-)
Laxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #138
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks guys! Pretty excited. Already bought the Mouseketerr a Disney play gym thingy for Christmas! ;-)
Congratulations! A little late to the party, but better late than never.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:35 PM   #139
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Watching my Angels before naptime. How is it only Tuesday...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:11 AM   #140
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Well, it's Wednesday now!

It's hot, hot, hot here so we (my mom, sister and I) decided to beat the heat today and stay home and clean the house for company arriving Thursday and Friday.

My DS got word yesterday that he passed his NAPLEX exam and scored in the triple digits which I guess is a big deal even though the test is only pass/fail. I think it means he scored in the top 25%. Never one to be optimistic he is now lamenting that the harder test will be the state law exam he takes in another week. He says people either barely pass or barely fail that one.

My dd came with her dog over the past weekend. I'm not really a dog person but her girl is so cute and sweet that everyone loves her. She came into the household as a puppy where the cat reigns and at times we laugh that she thinks she is a cat. Taking her for a walk on the beach was a trip as she had to explore every piece of seaweed, bird feather and washed up animal including a horseshoe crab and a dead fish. Adventure for a lifetime to a one year old, I'm sure.
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote